Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

B17 Kits - Who sells them ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

B17 Kits - Who sells them ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Rickles56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: B17 Kits - Who sells them ?

After these posts where made I ended up buying a WingSpan models B17, 1/9th scale full wood kit and some of the scale parts. I will be building it in a thread on RCSB if you want to look in. It will be in the WingSpan Models topic area under designers.

The WS is without a doubt, they best B17 kit available today and probably for the next few years or more. Mike Kramer has taken the scale B17 design one huge step further than the Don Smith deisgn. While the Don Smith was the best for a long time now, it doesn't come up to this leve of design at all. I know, I now own both. The WIngSpan design has in fact taken scale model design one big step forward and the other designers out there better step up to the plate or fall way behind.

Thanks again Mike!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 AM
flyguy56

Snub.

Have you checked out Wingspanmodels URL lately? Greg Hahn took top scale honors at Toledo, and the maiden flight is posted on the website. Looks like a great flyer to me, so I ordered mine this past weekend from Mike.

flyguy56
Old 06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
danrc2

i am looking into buying a b-17 kit. after looking at all the different companies, i am unsure on which kit is the best and the best priced. wingspan models kit looks really good but seems a little over priced until you buy everything you need. don smiths you cant really see their planes. i am looking at a 1/9th scale or 138". any advice????
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 PM
danrc2

is anyone out there?????????????
Old 12-02-2013, 05:14 PM
NeverCrashedBefore

i thought the folks at good old Royal airplane kits made B17's.

Jerry