Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

CMP BF 109 -FOR THOSE INTERESTED

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CMP BF 109 -FOR THOSE INTERESTED

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:55 AM
Oosiksmith
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP BF 109 -FOR THOSE INTERESTED

Dave,

I'm glad you're close to finishing the FW (fantastic, by the way, just fantastic). This way you can get to work doing your mojo on this 109 and the rest of us can just buy the parts off you! Haha.

Tim

BTW, you need to post a pic of your FW sitting next to your Shangri La for the rest of us to enjoy.

ORIGINAL: ticketec

ORIGINAL: SCALECRAFT

Hi All

For those who are curious, I was just looking at the dimensions on the CMP model and comparing them to the real 109F4/G2 dimensions. Its around 1/5 scale

Heres what i came up with. According to my library and web sites of info and the CMP measurements.

The wing is at 1/5.36 scale, the fuse is at 1/5.42 scale and the spinner is at 1/5.17 scale. Still looks good, but I'm looking to make resin optional parts for mine and might wait to get one now.

Steve
Yeah thanks for the measurements.

I was also thinking of making up the necessary lumps and bumps as required, but more along the lines of vac-formed... so mybe we can work together and make up a comprehensive list of aftermarket bits required?

I'll let you guys know how much it cost us here in Oz when i find out, but i reckon given the lead times stated by our suppilers, you guys will know before i do[&o]

thanks

dave
Old 05-26-2008, 02:19 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Tim,

Your too kind! thanks..

I didn't have any of the FW with the P-51 because the FW is almost finished but not quite. anyway, just a quick pic or two, i'll post more on my Fw thread for those interested in seeing more.

Thanks

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44930.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	956895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt59965.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	956896  
Old 05-26-2008, 02:42 AM
Asanders

Just beautiful absolutely beautiful, by the way do you have to fly your planes on the other side of the sky too? sorry I couldnt resist it is late for me just got home from work, so it was stupid... anyway nice planes
Old 05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I'm not holding my breath...
Flew My KMP 109 as a memorial day tribute... it's been gathering dust for a year, so I put a ST2300 in the nose last night and got her going today. Man that plane is sensitive if the throws aren't just right.
Still dreaming of the "G" though. One day perhaps CMP...One day.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:31 PM
kochj

This plane looks fantastic.......
I love the details that they added......
I will get one of these for sure....
(pending any catastrophic building errors ) Kindo of doubt that though....
Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Oosiksmith

Anyone have any data on which US distributor is going to get these?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Hogrider
My Feedback: (392)

I think AK Models in Iowa City, Iowa will be the one. The Customer Service is first rate. You might want to check with Alex to make sure.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Vintauri
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: Hogrider

I think AK Models in Iowa City, Iowa will be the one. The Customer Service is first rate. You might want to check with Alex to make sure.

I believe he had just placed an order with them before they released the 109 so he said it would be a few months before he will be ordering again. Looks like we'll need to look elsewhere if we want them right away.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:10 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hogrider

Exactly what Vintauri said. I was the one that contacted Ak-models about it and was told they had already placed a bulk size order 3 days before the ME-109 was supposed to be available.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Hogrider

Sorry if my info is old news. I had talked with Alex in person on the 4th of June. I had mentioned, there is a large growing interest in the ME-109. He also mentioned, his other business is CNC kit cutting.
Hope the flooding does not damage his warehouse and machine shop businesses.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:02 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

How does this model compare to the KMP 109?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:06 AM
jeffk464

The KMP version is the E model and the CMP is the F model. For quality I think KMP is suppose to be better, but is way more expensive.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
vik

Well the CMP and KMP
If I will use metaphore to the car industry
KMP is more like Toyota or Honda, not too cheep, not too expesive (they are more expensive AFRs on the market) but you are comfortible with them
CMP in quality like is like cheep chinese car which is dangerous to ride and in case of design bad copies of western counterparts.
Non of their planes looks good they are somehow strange
I´m not rich to buy cheep things. You need to invest than quite some money to engine, servos etc so why to be flustrated from bad airplane

I´m really supriced what guys like ticketec done with their FW or what guys do with the Hellcat
I will buy KMP if I want ARF or I will go and buy laser parts and build it from plans.
Yes it will take longer (I´m slow, so slow) but I will end up with plane I like and it look like the real thing

just my 2c

If someone is happy with CMP good for him and I don´t want to poison his passion for this planes
Old 06-19-2008, 02:07 PM
PlaneKrazee

I agree.

Most CMP planes don't look right and when you figure the costs of all the other stuff that goes into them I think it's better to spend more and have an aircraft to be proud of.

Too bad the KMP planes are always sold out.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 PM
AK Models

ORIGINAL: LDM

received am email today from CMP- "Nitro has not ordered the plane as of yet "but we have also renewed our relationship with AK-models so you may try them "
I emailed Alex and he did not even know the plane existed lol .
So , if we count on the plane being in stock at CMP(in China) , then you add another 30days on the water , custom clearance ect you looking at mid July
AK-Models will be ordering a LARGE quantities of this plane in next few days.
We also should be getting a Large order of all other planes in few weeks from today. Hope that sparks the excitment..
Old 06-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Vintauri

ORIGINAL: AK Models

ORIGINAL: LDM

received am email today from CMP- "Nitro has not ordered the plane as of yet "but we have also renewed our relationship with AK-models so you may try them "
I emailed Alex and he did not even know the plane existed lol .
So , if we count on the plane being in stock at CMP(in China) , then you add another 30days on the water , custom clearance ect you looking at mid July
AK-Models will be ordering a LARGE quantities of this plane in next few days.
We also should be getting a Large order of all other planes in few weeks from today. Hope that sparks the excitment..

Sure does! I can't wait to have you send one up my way!

Thanks!

Steve
Old 06-20-2008, 12:08 AM
rickpaw

Alex,
Do you know the construction of the wing, foam or built-up balsa? Also, any idea on approximate cost of the model? Been looking for an Bf-109 to compliment my CMP knock-off FW-190.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2008, 11:42 AM
jeffk464

I agree most cmp planes do not look right, but there are exceptions. The corsair, zero, Hellcat, and mustang look pretty good and from the pictures of this 109 it looks even better. The cmp spitfire looked ridiculous and the fw190, p47 weren't to good looking either.

P.S. ticketec's fw190 looks great but he really worked it over.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:12 PM
PlaneKrazee

Have a look at thier goofy looking Cubs with the tiny little cylinders on the cowl. They really should get rid of the ugly stuff. For the time and money it takes to make moulds and jigs they should spend a little more time on the prototypes and make good stuff.

I saw the photos of the 70" 120 size Hellcat and purchased one. It is junk from the word go. The glass fuse and cowl are all cracked and or not saturated with resin, the cowl is not symetrical. If anyone wants it, $50.00 plus shipping. I'm not going to install a good engine and radio in a crappy looking plane.

Make better scale, higher quality stuff, raise the price 50%, it will sell.

When the 109 comes out and we can see what it really looks like then I will think about purchasing one.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Vintauri

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

Have a look at thier goofy looking Cubs with the tiny little cylinders on the cowl. They really should get rid of the ugly stuff. For the time and money it takes to make moulds and jigs they should spend a little more time on the prototypes and make good stuff.

I saw the photos of the 70" 120 size Hellcat and purchased one. It is junk from the word go. The glass fuse and cowl are all cracked and or not saturated with resin, the cowl is not symetrical. If anyone wants it, $50.00 plus shipping. I'm not going to install a good engine and radio in a crappy looking plane.

Make better scale, higher quality stuff, raise the price 50%, it will sell.

When the 109 comes out and we can see what it really looks like then I will think about purchasing one.
It sounds like you got one of the clones and not a true CMP plane. Where did you buy it from? There are many rip off kits out there and they are junk in quality. On the real CMP Hellcat the big thing I notice is the oversized wing and H stab. These are things that can be fixed if you want. It is a good flying airplane for those that want something sport scale. KMP is in a whole other league when it comes to scale. But you pay for it. I have the things on hand and enjoying modifying a kit or arf to not be like everyone elses.

I too am waiting to see the initial results from people on this one but from the first released pics it's looking pretty good to me. Now what matters is the internal structure. If it's like the clones I'll pass and build one from a kit. If it's decent like the true CMP planes mostly have been then I'll be happy to build one.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:16 PM
PlaneKrazee

You are right, the Hellcat is a "Will Hobby" ARF and total junk.

Some of the Horizon warbird arfs and Great Planes 60 p-51 look pretty nice.

BTW,

I saw what can be done with the KMP 109 at the 2006 NEAT Fair. What a beautiful job Tom Hunt did on it. It had a scale size prop on it and electric motor of course.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:40 PM
AK Models

ORIGINAL: rickpaw

Alex,
Do you know the construction of the wing, foam or built-up balsa? Also, any idea on approximate cost of the model? Been looking for an Bf-109 to compliment my CMP knock-off FW-190.

Thanks
It is official! First 80 kits should be delivered mid August to AK-Models warehouse.
Some other info just from CMP website:
Wing looks to be all wood construction.

Pricewise I am calculating sales prices to be at ~$290-300

Jacqueline from CMP tells me they are working on special retract for this plane, and should be ready shortly.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Vintauri

ORIGINAL: AK Models

It is official! First 80 kits should be delivered mid August to AK-Models warehouse.
Some other info just from CMP website:
Wing looks to be all wood construction.

Pricewise I am calculating sales prices to be at ~$290-300

Jacqueline from CMP tells me they are working on special retract for this plane, and should be ready shortly.

Sounds great! depending on the kit I might still be able to get one done for the late fall. If not it'll be a winter build.

Thanks for the update!

Steve
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
KentuckyColonel

Now, do I want this one, or the Kyosho FW 190....Decisions, decisions.......
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Hogrider

Hi KentuckyColonel,
Go with the CMP and you will not be sorry.
I have the F6F Hellcat (120) and the P-40 (140).
A good starting point for mods and very good buy for the money.
And a bonus, Alex is excellent to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.