Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

yellow p47 tail wheel doors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

yellow p47 tail wheel doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:45 AM
docadams
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yellow p47 tail wheel doors

Has anyone actually been able to get the tail wheel doors to work on the Yellow P47? I have spent many hours trying to make them work as called for in the instructions. I am really having problems with this method. Am I missing something or is there a better way? Any help would be appreciated.

DocAdams
Old 11-09-2006, 12:44 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: yellow p47 tail wheel doors

Mine work fine. I used very thin music wire to make a spring to hold the doors open. The hinged plate that the tail wheel strikes agianst closes the gear doors just fine. It did take a little work to get the pushrods just right, but it works fine.

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-09-2006, 11:38 PM
badger41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem that I first had was tight ball joints on the lever plate that actually pulls the doors shut. That plate must move freely or the rest of the action will not move smoothly.
Yes , as C550 says it must move freely. Once set up it works perfect. Since the first Y/A 47 I've done three more and all have nice free moving setups that work every time. I did make torque rod springs for the actual door also it helped to get the doors to open further like the full size. Also made seperate little covers for the very top of themains so that when they are closed that little area was'nt exposed. Simple spring loaded covers covered that area.
Tom
Old 11-10-2006, 01:02 AM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my flying buddy did his Yellow T-Bolt with lots of "brain damage" to get it right.....I took the easy way out and used 2 small air cylinders for trouble-free operation and easy set-up......