Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

P-51 spinner needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

P-51 spinner needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 AM
catbutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-51 spinner needed

I have finished assembling a VQ models P-51 mustang, and no surprise to me, the included plastic spinner is extremely off balance, causing unacceptable vibration. I am in search of a proper aluminum replacement, but I am having no luck thus far in finding one. I need a parabolic spinner that ideally measures 3 3/8 diameter, but will settle for 3 1/4. Does anyone know where I can find one in this size, as the only ones I can find are 3 1/2 at the smallest? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: P-51 spinner needed

seaside,Ca, one of my favorite surf spots, try dave brown products www.dbproducts.com they will cut your slots for you custom all sizes around 40$$ good quality I have one, I like the tru-turn ones they are a little heaver gage metal, I have one of those also great product, but they are double the price they also will slot your spinner for ya.
went to the dbproducts site they don't advertise but they can turn any size you want, if you call them up and ask for a size and for what prop
Old 11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
catbutt

Thanks for the info, Bigtim, I'll give em a call ASAP.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:45 AM
catbutt

Just a quick memo to thank Bigtim once again for his help. I got in contact with Truespin, as Dave brown had no P-51 spinner smaller than 3 1/2- with the size I needed being 3 1/4. I received my spinner yesterday, which completed my ASSEMBLY of the VQ models P-51 D Mustang. I must say, Truespin makes one sweet product! I had the prop cut-outs machined for the blades I intend to use and the fit is perfect. The quality of the work done is superb and well worth the cost, which I must say was not cheap. I intend to maiden her this weekend and believe that all will go well as the vibration from the plastic, out of balance stock spinner will no longer be a factor. Once again, many thanks to Bigtim for his suggestions helping me to finish what should be one great flying bird. kudos!
Old 11-18-2006, 03:15 PM
bigtim

glad I could help, RCU is a great source of information and a huge help to me also when I need it, which is more often than not LOL!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 AM
IronKnees

I have basically the same problem, but mine is a Hanger 9 P-51 (60 size) The instructions call for a 3.5 inch P-51 spinner and the give the part number of CBA5073, but I can not seem to locate this spinner anywhere.... not even on the Hanger 9 website... Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks... Davy (new guy here)
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM
bigtim

check the Dave brown guys there pretty good they do have one for the H-9 mustang and will slot it for a nominal fee here is my stang with the Dave brown offering just got it together just in time for the rain tru-turn hase a nice spinner but they are about twice the price I have 2 of them.
just ordered some Tony howard dummy exhausts they look alot better than H-9's plastic jobs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35524.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	631451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65546.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	631452