Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hanger9 F4U Corsair 60 w/retracts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hanger9 F4U Corsair 60 w/retracts

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 05:24 AM
Jarrah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger9 F4U Corsair 60 w/retracts

Yea mate you wont regret the extra channels espeically if u start on the bigger birds and run a channel for each aileron ect. Goodluck and let us no how it goes as i am also deciding weather or not to get this bird or the H9 Hellcat,i prefer the corsair but the gear probs scare me.
Goodluck!
Old 12-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jarrah

i am also deciding weather or not to get this bird or the H9 Hellcat,i prefer the corsair but the gear probs scare me.
The H9 Hellcat uses the same rotating gear.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Craig-RCU

ORIGINAL: Jarrah

Yea mate you wont regret the extra channels espeically if u start on the bigger birds and run a channel for each aileron ect. Goodluck and let us no how it goes as i am also deciding weather or not to get this bird or the H9 Hellcat,i prefer the corsair but the gear probs scare me.
Goodluck!
No need to be scared. The original problems with the ball links can be solved by calling Horizon hobbies. They will send you more beefy ball conectors if your arf hasn't already been updated. The old ball connectors were just open rings and would stretch and loosen easily. The new connectors are full cup types and I havn't had one pop off for me yet. Just remeber to put Loctite on the bell-crank screws and they won't fail you either.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Jarrah

Ohhh thats interesting, well in this case ill prolly go for the corsair, now i just have to check that there arnt any other H9 corsairs at my field. Either way these are both great planes and if the gear probs have/can be fixed then i think i shall go out and order one for my birthday bahaha.

Im only looking for "scale" power here no need for wild aerobatics ect, should i couple with the saito 100 or 91?? As far as im concerned i dont want/need a motor for this plane which has so much power that i drive round at 1/2 or less throttle all the time.

Cheers
Old 12-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

Go with a Saito 82 then. It will fly it well.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Craig-RCU

All three of those engines will fly the plane great. I myself would opt for the 100 for emercency power considerations and since it will turn a bigger, more scale prop. If you are going to go with anything much bigger than the 100 you might want to reinforce the firewall. Some guys have put O.S. 120's on their's and ripped the firwalls right out. I have a Supertigre G-90 in mine and there is no hint of the firewall giving out. I test for firewall weakness before every flying session and after every rough landing or nose-over.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Jarrah

ok this is interesting, ill be keeping it under 1ci i think as seeing as i already have an 82 i might go for the 91, but i didnt think about the larger prop on the 100. could anyone give me idea 3 blade prop sizes for the 91 and 100 cheers. i would be erring towards max dia and minimum pitch
thanks for all the help.!!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:20 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine was Saito .91 powered, swinging a 3 blade Master Airscrew 14 x 7. That same engine/ prop combo was transferred to my H9 Hellcat. Both planes flew GREAT with that combo, the Saito .91 has all the power (and more) that you will need for scale flight. Takeoffs are quick, climbout very good, and enough power to execute those large, scale loops with ease.
I also love the Saito .82, BUT a Master Airscrew 3 blade 13 x 8 is probably as big of a prop that it will handle. Due the the large cowl diameter of the H9 Corsair and hellcat, I like being able to use the 14" props.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Jarrah

Yes i totally agree about the larger diam props. Well I think ill have to go down to my LHS tmoz and put the Corsair and Saito 91 on order
CorsiarJock. How do the two planes fly in comparison and bad habits that would deter you from either?? Because i love both these models.

thanks