Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

World Model GS Mustang Engine choice?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

World Model GS Mustang Engine choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Wreckless Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Model GS Mustang Engine choice?

Hey guys,

Im into this build early and im getting the wings buttond up and im getting to the point where im going to mount the engine. I was planning to instal a O.S. BGX-1 on the nose. But i have been doing alot of thinking and i think that it may be to much power for it. I have been seeing people with the H9 Jug with Moki 1.5s doing quite well. i just think that this BGX will be to much power.

I have enough work to do to keep me busy on this airplane before i need to mount the engine, so i can still change my mind.

So i am looking for any advise on which motor i should put on the nose of this big bird for good scale performance, but i would like to have enough power to get me out of trouble if i need it.

any information would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cole
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: World Model GS Mustang Engine choice?

Mine flies very well with a super tiger 2300, using a slimline large volume pitts style muffler. 10% fuel, 17-8 prop.

another approach would be a gas engine- probably a light 40cc with an electronic ignition would be a good choice. I tried a G38 in mine and it flew it, but it flew more like a trainer than a warbird with the G38. then I went to the 2300 and it does very well- took a lot of weight out of the plane. Take a look at brillelli and bcma if you are interested in gasoline.

Ed
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 PM
harvtom
My Feedback: (19)

Well,
I have a Saito 180 in mine and it turned out to be the ideal engine! My shop has Moki"s Super Tigres, OS's and what else- but
the big Saito gives you the most power for its weight.

harvee
Old 11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Johnnie Red

I would agree with the Saito 180 fourstroke. Very good and reliable engine. It will definatelly fly your plane great and will give you stabiity in landings.
Cheers
Johnnie