Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

GSP/CMP/WILL HOBBY ZERO "BUILD"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GSP/CMP/WILL HOBBY ZERO "BUILD"

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 AM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the one with no "rivets" molded into the cowl or fuselage you are out of luck finding an original cowl. If you have rivets molded into yours it is a CMP and not the Will(s)hobby knock-off in this thread(pictured above).
I wanted a ''flying'' cowl for mine so I wouldn't have to risk my high detail cowl to a nose scrape...ended up having to use a CMP cowl. Not a perfect match as the CMP is just a bit smaller in diameter at the rear, but it works wit just a bit of finessing. AK Models is listing one in stock.

If we were really lucky Chad will have pulled a blank off his cowl before building and might be pursuaded into copying it for us so we can lay-up our own FG replacement cowls......
Old 12-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by frets24
If we were really lucky Chad will have pulled a blank off his cowl before building and might be pursuaded into copying it for us so we can lay-up our own FG replacement cowls......
No such luck I'm afraid and I've since sold off the Zero project and have no idea where it is these days. Sorry gents.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:55 PM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for chiming in so quickly, Chad. Removes all doubt(or hope as the case may be). You really should have kept that one...really good at carrying a lot of extra wieght from detailing and flies like a aerobatic trainer even at 19lbs AUW (!!!!! !!!!! ) even at that wieght it's pretty responsive and nimble.

No worries though; The CMP cowl will fit and looks just fine with a little bit of tweeking. It's just not quite as nice as the clone in the overall diameter and the cowl flap divisions and locations.