Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli Stuka Flap question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli Stuka Flap question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
-Fast-Eddie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli Stuka Flap question

Hey guys, i bought a stuka the other day and as i am looking over it and replacing things i noticed on the split flaps there is some slop, which looks like could lead to some fluttering issues.

This pic shows where it's at, that dowel isn't quite big enough for the hole in the other part of the flap. Any suggestions on how to fix that? Throw some epoxy in there?

Old 03-17-2007, 06:32 AM
x-craft
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Ziroli Stuka Flap question

I don't have anything like that on my Stuka and I've not had any flutter issues. I just have the hinge which is a rod that passes all the way through the LE of the flap and through the mounts on the wing. Remember that this plane is not a rocket and isn't meant to be flown like that. Even if I crank my Stuka up to full power in a dive I don't get any flutter. This is the best pic I can find of the flaps on mine right now. If you just try to fill that hole with epoxy your going to glue that dowel solid, then your flaps won't drop. The way the flaps work on this model is, the gap between the two flaps opens up as they drop. The best way to fix that I think would be to remove the flaps, fill the hole solid and redrill it to the size of the dowel. When I got my Stuka I ended up doing a lot of repairs and making new flaps and ailerons was one of those repairs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22270.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	643801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34857.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	643802  
Old 03-17-2007, 10:52 PM
cap21r
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Ziroli Stuka Flap question

I have working flaps with now slop.
I know some boby that let his just hang freely, I seen it fly no flutter at all.