Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Treacle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP Warbirds

I was looking to purches one of the KMP warbirds, but I want to know how strong the retracts are. Would they be ok on short grass? because I dont want to keep bending them back everytime I land. Also would a normal S.C 4 stroke engine fit inside the cowling of the ME-109?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
okie52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Warbirds

I have ordered the ME-109 and hope to have it in by Friday. I noticed that it no longer is connected with century retracts and now provides new generation 3 retracts as part of the kit. Since I have been out of RC for about 20yrs and didn't mess with retracts that much before I couldn't tell you how it will perform on grass but I, too, will be flying from a grass field. On the advise of the other more experienced pilots at my field I ordered a Saito 180. I don't think I'll have a problem with power and I think it should fit nicely since it has the same mounting as the 120 and is only 2mm taller.

Good luck with yours.

OKIE