Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

RAM Machine Gun Sound Module

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

RAM Machine Gun Sound Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 12:03 AM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM Machine Gun Sound Module

Has anyone tried one of these or heard it in action anywhere? I'm wondering if you can hear it over the engine sound or if it's intended more for an electric warbird.

The only sound effect I have heard coming from an RC aircraft was Jimmy Stewart's recorded voice coming out of Nick Zirolli Sr's Spirit of St. Louis. It was very effective.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:37 AM
Stick Jammer

If you go to their website you can hear short audio clips of all the sound modules.

www.RamRCandRamTrack.com

I was gonna get one until I heard what it actually sounds like. Not really what I expected.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:19 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default sound modules

I have heard from a couple guys you have to put the speakers on the undersides of the wings then build a box around them inside the wing and totally close them off so they are loud enough. Like above I thought would be interesting til I heard them on the website and you could tell they were computer generated sounds as they didnt sound even close to a gun sound.

Joe
Old 03-06-2003, 01:22 AM
johnnycart

Default machine guns

years ago I recall reading an article about a man who perfected the firing guns. seems he used some type of fuel (butane?)...I am not sure but if anyone else read that I would sure like to find it again....I think at that time I was subscribed to scale rc and rc models....according to the article it was safe as long as you followed his directions and it was very loud....
Old 03-06-2003, 01:36 AM
ProfLooney

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default butane guns

I think I remember seeing that article too and I think it was in scale RC I have most of the last year of that mag but didnt see it in there I too would love to get a copy of the article again.

Joe
Old 03-06-2003, 02:37 AM
Grumpy Monkey
My Feedback: (7)

The ram guns are pretty sad sounding. If you guys find the article, would you post it or send me a copy?

Warren
Old 03-06-2003, 01:58 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I haven't seen or heard it, in the spotlight section of my website is a P-51 from Top Gun by Bill Stevick and Dean DiGeorgio and they used a 'war game' system on it that was apparently quite effective. The 'war game' is described as emiting high density lights for the guns and has an amplifier to a speaker for the actual gun sounds. It was made by Tom Lamar of Omnitronics in NY. Dean can sometimes by found on RCU under the name icemanjr92, he may be able to share some more light on this.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Icemanjr92
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GUS AND LIGHTS

Hello,
The system I am using is from Tom Lamar of Peru, NY.
The system is totally custom and does NOT include any parts from RAM or affiliates. Tom will custom make you any form of system your budget requires. Nick Ziroli has Tommy's system in his Spirit of Saint Louis. Tom can be reached a 518-834-9437. Tell him that Iceman sent you!

Any other questions on the system in my P-51 you can contact myself at [email protected]