Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP / YT FW-190A

Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default KMP / YT FW-190A

It is being test flown at the factory as we speak, according to the YT International thread over in the UK. The color scheme is still being decided on. Scale retracts and tailwheel will be available as options. Here is a pic borrowed from the YT International thread:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38475.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	713500  
Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
jeffk464

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: YT/KMP FW-190A

Damn, I think I'm going to have to blow money on that one, looks absolutely fantastic.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:17 AM
ivancant

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

FW-190...ME-109...AHHHHHH!
Maybe I can sell the boat? I promise I won't buy any more airplanes this year (dated 6/28/07). Ok, just one more (dated 6/29/07) this year...yeah, just one more plane and paddle ball game and this chair, and that's all I need!

Brent
Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: KMP / YT FW-190A

other than the tail wheel that plane looks great I have 2 FW in kits might have to save them for another day.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looks real nice. But why, oh why won't anyone do this plane in a "D" model. The longer nose and tail moments look so much better. IMHO
Old 06-29-2007, 11:08 AM
proulxlaw
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got in a trade about 3 weeks ago a Nitroplanes 190. The plane was partially completed but, I decided to paint it in JG54 Eastern front scheme. These pics are a few weeks old and the plane is nearly completed.

Anyway, my point for posting them here is that the YT/KMP/ESM judging only by the one pic above looks alot like the CMP/Nitroplanes 190.

Name:	Ec87192.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	713542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50552.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	713543  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:38 AM
alanc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i agree, its similar to the CMP one, why? its a FW 190, its also similar to MANY other kits BUT, fact that they are all FW 190s it where it stops, its an all composite airframe, detailed in the mold, painted in the mold, and the decals are applied in the mold, then, its fuel proofed, and please, the CMP one, although a great flyer, has foam wings, a MADLY over size tailplane, enough scale edits to make Brian Taylor weep, but its a good budget plane for those wanting a cheap fix, our model will be available in the UK before the end of the year, i cannot say about the US market,
Old 06-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Richard L.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: proulxlaw

YT/KMP/ESM judging only by the one pic above looks alot like the CMP/Nitroplanes 190.
The two planes look different to me. Look at the shape of the vertical fin/rudder on Nitroplanes 190 and the straight trailing edge on the rudder. Also, the bottom of the rear fuse at the tailwheel is flat on the Nitroplanes version.

Here is a pic showing the side profile of the FW-190. You know me - I'm pretty anal when it comes to side profile.

Name:	Ki18961.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	713553  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup. You're right. The new one has a better scale outline and will be all composite. The price will likely be reasonable for this judging by the prices of the other KMP et.al. full composites already being offered. This one will likely be a "must have" airplane.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:00 PM
mobyal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: alanc

i agree, its similar to the CMP one, why? its a FW 190, its also similar to MANY other kits BUT, fact that they are all FW 190s it where it stops, its an all composite airframe, detailed in the mold, painted in the mold, and the decals are applied in the mold, then, its fuel proofed, and please, the CMP one, although a great flyer, has foam wings, a MADLY over size tailplane, enough scale edits to make Brian Taylor weep, but its a good budget plane for those wanting a cheap fix, our model will be available in the UK before the end of the year, i cannot say about the US market,
What size is it? Other specs?
Thanks
Al
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
alanc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

same as the rest of the fleet, about 72" just a nice size for the average field, retracts will be scale angle, and from the pikkys I have,scale length as well metal wheels will be included, as will gen 4 struts, and given as an option to UK buyers,
Old 06-29-2007, 03:31 PM
evt
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It looks pretty good so far Alan but sure would like you to change the cowl a little. The blisters are to high and the curvature at the front of the cowl needs work. Other than that it looks like YTs other great scale warbirds. Will have to add this one to my YT collection. Ed
Old 06-29-2007, 04:09 PM
WarbirdAirRacer
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Johnny_Zero

Looks real nice. But why, oh why won't anyone do this plane in a "D" model. The longer nose and tail moments look so much better. IMHO

I agree Ben, but I dunno I think I could pimp one of those around the field. Guess we need find a TF kit.[]
Old 06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Richard L.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: evt

would like you to change the cowl a little. The blisters are to high and the curvature at the front of the cowl needs work.
I think cowling is one of YT's weaknesses that could use some improvement. I have already expressed my dissatisfaction with the cowl for the upcoming YT F8F Bearcat.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Tommy_Gun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Alfa Models electric 190 is much closer to scale in overall appearance than the prototype shown in the beginning of this thread.

I usually wouldn't gripe about an ARF and it's scale lines. But this just looks wrong.

The cowl is too long, I'm sure for center of gravity issues. And the tail looks as though the aft end of the plane was distorted by heat.
The angle of the vertical stab leading edge, the chord and shape of the vertical stab and rudder are just funky looking.

The Butcherbird is one of my favorite planes and it's lines are very distinctive. I hate to see another ARF of a 190 that doesn't look any better than the CMP version.
I was really hoping for a more accurate version than what I see here.

I guess it's a good thing I enjoy building kits.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That pic in the first post is really the YT prototype? Generally I think YT has been making positive strides in scale outline but this one is definitely a step backwards.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Luxuswaffe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Even the prototype is one sweet looking bird. A must have. Hope' the YT people can take the critic and see sceptic views as a chance for further improvements...
Old 06-29-2007, 07:07 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry Yt,

I was really looking forwards to this one after the Bf-109 and the tiffy were released, But i have to agree with the boys on this one. I am a massive butcher bird fan, and there are some very obvious outline issues with it, which affect the very distintive lines of the Fw.

Not saying by any strech of the imagination that it's worse than the CMP FW, which i am in the process of kit bashing (there's a thread going), but fixing the curve on the lower fuse aft of the wing as tommy gun also highlighted would be a major job....

The cowl issues would be easier to fix for you guys and for us at home too....

But it is nice to see a drop tanks and decent looking gear doors finally included in kits, and the center section of the fuse looks quite nice.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 09:34 PM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JUST A QUICK OBSERVATION DOES IT HAVE SPLIT FLAPS OR THEY LOOK TO ME AS FULL FLAPS? FULL FLAPS AND IT IS THE SAME AS THE CMP FW-190 AS FAR AS SCALE LOOKS. THAT COULD REALLY DO IT IN FOR ME WITH ALL THE OTHER MISTAKES.

THANKS BOB
Old 06-29-2007, 10:10 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have been looking forward to this ship or any FW=190 arf fo awhile and I can agree with some of the things previously pointed out,...but.... compared to the other offerings out there I believe you could trick her out enough to be very satisfying as a Sunday flyer. The only alternative I have been eyeing is the SIST FW which looks alot closer to being dead-on then this one, but would require MANY more hours to get into the air, and probably thousands more $$$ by the time it was all said and flown.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Luxuswaffe

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Richard: How did you cowl the Me 109? You have a thread on the VQ P-40 with a nice example how to stiffen the cowling screws with nylon/brass tubes. Any suggestion how to do that on the 109?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Something along these lines would be nice

Name:	Ge95134.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	713878   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86081.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	713879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67792.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	713880  
Old 06-30-2007, 01:48 AM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'll either get this one or just buy an Airworld FW. I'm just a little tired of some of the crap that's out there and the lack of choice.

After building very high quality Tamiya RC tanks, most of the planes seem like they are second rate flea market specials.

Tamiya should throw their hat in the ring and produce scale ARF's and teach alot of other manufacturers how it's done. KMP distributes better planes than are available elsewhere but, I still think that planes lack the completeness of other RC products, e.g. Tamiya RC tanks.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 AM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man I'm totally disappointed. The vertical fin is all wrong, the gun blisters are wrong they should be flat & not angled, & it looks to me like the fuse is to tall between the wing root & the bottom of the canopy. Sorry KMP/YT I won't buy this one unless some changes are made. Myself & 2 of my flying buddies have been waiting for this one & all of us agree that for the cost of this plane its not worth it to us considering whats wrong with this plane. Please make some changes before production & bring it up to the standards you guys are known for. I have the Spitfire, its a beautiful plane. I know what you guys are capable of, Don't compromise your standards. Make this one the best FW-190 ARF on the market.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:48 AM
proulxlaw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What's wrong wth the Airworld 190?

If this one sucks just get that one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.