Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Byron Corsair and 3W75US

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Byron Corsair and 3W75US

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 05:02 PM
funfly-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Byron Corsair and 3W75US

OK, This is what I have and would like to know what 2 or 3 blade prop I should run.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:38 PM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Byron Corsair and 3W75US

The straightest advice would likely come from the Cactus Aviation website. They should have prop charts posted there. Whatever you do, if you're leaning towards wooden props (and of course this is my own opinion) stay away from TBM brand props (center holes are way off... nearly impossible to balance). If you get a good wooden prop (Xoar props are the best for the price), the work needed (if any) to balance after drilling the bolt holes will very minimal.

I personally believe, and I think others would agree, you should get a few that fall in 3W's recommended range and experiment. You'd be surprised how the performance will change when you switch props. I have a Sachs 4.2 (69cc) and I was convinced that 23 x 10 was the perfect combo for my Byron P-47... but I was in a pinch for a replacement prop and I bolted on a 24 x 10... and even though I was only getting about 5900 rpm on the ground (I was worried it was going to overheat) that motor screamed in the air and I've never seen a 28 lb Byron P-47 move like that!

So, bottom line, if your finances permit, get 2-3 different props and make the final decision based on your own personal, first-hand experience.

Good luck.