Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

EZ Zero Decals

Old 03-19-2003, 03:24 AM
Scott H.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Zero Decals

I tried this question in the ARF forum, but didn't get a response.

Hoping someone here may be able to help out.

The EZ Zero comes with two decals (#2 & #4). They are japanese writing.

Does anyone know where these would go?

I've searched through the manual and all the pictures I could find, but for the life of me I can't figure this one out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 03-19-2003, 09:42 PM
rcnutkc

Default EZ Zero Decals

Hi Scott:

It's been a few years, so I went and looked at mine. One of the decals, no 4 I believe (shorter one), I put on the trailing edge of the flap next to the fuse (like a "no step" warning). The other I did not use, because my documentation and the instructions do not have a place for it. Not sure if this was correct.

Your gonna love this plane. It is still one of my favorites to fly. I have been flying it for a couple years. No bad habits, and looks good in the air. Most of the people at the field are amazed at how stable and easy it is to fly. Mildly aerobatic also.

After two years and hundreds of flights, I had to reinforce the stab where the joiner wire is glued in, mine was getting a lot of play. The balsa is weak and fuel got to it also. Was an easy fix. Keep an eye on it.

Good luck!

Cal
Old 03-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Scott H.

Default Thank you Cal!

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at that for me.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about flying this one.

Thanks for the warning on the stab. I'll watch that closely.

I'm going to try and post a couple of pictures and a review after I get some flight time on it.

Very time consuming for an ARF, but also very fun to build. I really like the looks, and picked this based on flight reviews. Two weeks, barring rain and I'll be flying.

Scott
Old 03-20-2003, 05:21 AM
rcnutkc

Default EZ Zero Decals

Don't mention rain! I wanted to fly today, but it rained all day. I can sure pick the right days off...

By the way, I should have said "elevator" in the post above, not stab. Hope that makes it clearer.

Cal
Old 03-21-2003, 05:28 AM
Scott H.

Default Is there such a thing as a "Sun Dance"?

Well I hope you get some sun anyway.

That makes perfect sense on the elevators. I had to go back in with a syringe and "fill" the pockets with epoxy after installing the torque rods. Then I painted all the exposed foam and balsa on the whole tail section.

Like you, I want mine to last for a while.

I'm running an OS70 with a pump and a straight pipe, out through the oil cooler piece. Other than the head sticking out I like the way it turned out. I almost mounted the engine inverted, but it would have blocked the oil cooler. This way I have one whole side that looks "clean" and no muffler hanging out. The down side is, I think there will be a lot of oil getting on the tail. Hopefully everything is sealed well. I may thin out some epoxy and spray the tail with a sealing coat just to make sure.

Man I can't wait to fly this puppy!

Happy flying Cal!

Scott