Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

GP Bridi T-28B CG?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GP Bridi T-28B CG?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:50 PM
sdcranford
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Bridi T-28B CG?

I recently aquired a 67" WS GP Bridi T-28B and am ready to fly it but need to know the CG. The aircraft
was RTF and did not have the plans.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: GP Bridi T-28B CG?

I received your email regarding this and I will try and dig up the magazine, though I'm not certain that the CG position is addressed in the article. Sorry for the delays, been very busy at work!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:07 PM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The manual says to use the CG shown on the plans.

There is no CG shown on the plans.

The CG (if there is one) from the Dave Platt T-28 plans from RC Modeler would probably be correct.
(Sorry. I just checked, and there is none shown there either)
Old 09-11-2007, 04:52 PM
av8r4aa
My Feedback: (82)

Please let us know how the plane flys.

I have heard that the plane is somewhat a handful.

What engine did you go with?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:21 AM
sdcranford

I bought it with Rom Air retracts installed, Airtronics servos (not my pers preference), and a Magnum XL .91 2 stroke. Im told the airframe with those retracts competed in the 92' scale masters. It used to have fully functional gear doors but were ripped off when the previous owner flew off a grass field. If it flys well I will probably go with robart oleo's and try to make it look scale again. It has flaps as well.

It also has the scale hinging for all of the control surfaces as well as hidden control rods. The guy who built it did a good job, it just needs a little TLC, but before I put much work in it I want to make sure it flys good. The previous owner said he flew it so the worse it could be off is the battery placement since it has a chunk of weight on the nose. I will probably put the battery toward the front since I would rather have a nose heavy plane than tail heavy.

I will let you know how it goes. I hope it does well since I really like Trojan's and like the detail this plane has.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:48 PM
sdcranford

Well, had the first and only flight. Engine ran great, the exhaust exits out of the scale locations which is neat but messy. I let it roll our entire asphalt runway before pulling back on the stick. It came off the ground very nice, needed a little left aileron trim and about 4 clicks of down trim. I retracted the landing gear on a low pass after I got it trimmed. The next pass I noticed something hanging from under the front of the wing. So I put the gear down and the nose wheel came off. I checked all of that and it was tight, I'm sure it was the vibration even though there was not much.

So I tried to slow it down and put it in the grass, it tumbled once and broke the left elevator half and the rudder, easy fix and should have it back up next week. As soon as I brought it back to the pits I thought I should have retracted the gear and belly landed. Probably would have been less damage and just would have came to a quick stop. Ohh well, too late now.

It was squirly but I will put in dual rates next time. We checked the C.G. at about 30% back of the leading edge at the tip and it didn't have any nose heavy or tail heavy tendencies. Looked great in the air and next time I will play with the flaps and see what kind of elevator mixing I will need.

Should be a fun airplane!!!

Picture below is before I got it, only changes to it now is the antenna exits out of the bottom and right now the cowl is off until I get the motor running really good. I am thinking a 3 blade prop eventually since it took off and flew very fast at 1/2 throttle I think I could stand to have a less efficent prop on it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52763.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	761744