Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

H9 Corsair .60 wing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

H9 Corsair .60 wing

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:40 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default H9 Corsair .60 wing

I have the hots for another sport - scale Corsair, and I like the looks of the H9 .60 size ARF. I've read the various threads about this ARF, but I don't have a clear sense of whether the wing structure is really weak or not.

For those of you who have this ARF, is the wing a serious problem? My landings are almost always gentle, but I DID say "almost."

Appreciate your opinions.

Mike
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: H9 Corsair .60 wing

I had issues with generation one , but simply glassed the internal area near the reported problems , I have just purchased a new one , and wondering if its needed because the firwall on this one is reinforced so I am figuring that the wing is also reinforced
Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the H9 Corsair and the wing is pretty strong. I would still run a little epoxy in the retract bay areas just to be safe.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:01 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike- Ihave been reading the threads on the H9 Corsair wing. I built this plane last year and I had about 20 flights on mine and I notice that the covering was flexing on one wing just outside the wheel well. I understand that is an area where some wings broke. Well, I recently purchased another wing and glassed as far into the wing as possible. This new wing flys great and I have bounced it hard several times on my CJ retracts with no problems. I even painted the wheel wells green and left off the plastic inserts. Looks more scale. I glassed about 3 ribs on either side of the wheel wells...one nights work. I also noticed that the wing was visibly well glued with hot glue. I also had 3 cracked or broken ribs in the new wing that I was able to glass. I am very confident that this solved my concerns about any wing weakness based on all the information I have read on this subject. It was really an easy fix!

Tim
Old 09-24-2007, 08:47 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Tim. Did you have to remove the covering to do the glassing?

Also, another question: Do you think the decals can be removed? I want to do my own markings.

Mike
Old 09-25-2007, 09:30 AM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike-
I did not have to remove any covering. I was able to reach far enough into the wing with the metal disposable epoxy brushes. One I kept straight, one I bent 45 degrees and one I bent about 100 degrees so I could work it behind the ribs down in the wing. I precut patches of fiberglass before I started and then put epoxy in the area I was working. Then I would set a patch on the brush and place it in the wing and brush it lightly into place. I did each wing in 3 sections. The wheel well, left of the wheel well and right of the wheel well.

The markings do peel right off. I have only removed them from my Alpha 60 but it is the same covering. Just use an exacto under an edge and it will peel right off. Good Luck!

Tim