Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 2,926 to 2,933 of 2933

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wagen.
    Love the mods!!! Looks nice.
    glad she flies well.
    HANGAR.... YOU KEEP PLANES IN THE HANGAR!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by F82FAN View Post
    J301.
    With you all the way!!!!
    BTW...nice F6-F
    Thanks, F82Fan, and I hope its just a temporary lapse in judgement on their part, I've been collecting pieces for the 190 for a while!
    ARF\'\'s; because it\'\'s less depressing to take out a box of plane and bring back a box of sticks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hey J301,
    where do yall fly?
    im in TX but will be doing a PHX trip mid-june and would like to drop by....
    we are staying in Surprise
    HANGAR.... YOU KEEP PLANES IN THE HANGAR!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by F82FAN View Post
    Hey J301,
    where do yall fly?
    im in TX but will be doing a PHX trip mid-june and would like to drop by....
    we are staying in Surprise
    Surprise is a bit of a drive from where I fly, but if you are coming to Phx, here is the club I fly at: http://www.azmodelaviators.com/
    Its in Mesa,at the extreme east end, just this side of Apache Junction. Do you know the dates? You bringing anything to fly? PM me and I can give you my email, etc.
    ARF\'\'s; because it\'\'s less depressing to take out a box of plane and bring back a box of sticks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well finally flew this weapon! 9.7 kg with a saito fg 33 up front. 899 g of lead in the nose...cog set at 139mm. It flew like it was on rails!! Great landing at half flaps..only problem was runway was boggy this time of year and she dug in a bit and ripped up a few divots. All in all a great plane.
    If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by miketahin View Post
    Well finally flew this weapon! 9.7 kg with a saito fg 33 up front. 899 g of lead in the nose...cog set at 139mm. It flew like it was on rails!! Great landing at half flaps..only problem was runway was boggy this time of year and she dug in a bit and ripped up a few divots. All in all a great plane.
    Hi Miketahin

Congrats for the maiden!

are you sure about the weigt of the model? 9,7kg is about 20lbs..even if you have the composite wing version this seems to be a bit much?

Another thing: why on earth do you need lead on the nose with FG33? Did you mount servos in tail or something?

Anyways if it flies well: that's what counts!

-Artto

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I had one that I bashed with lots of scale details plus a full cockpit and pilot. It weighed in at 19.5 lbs. Once airborn it flew pretty well but landing was a bear. I had the CG forward at 135mm but when slow it was real pitchy and sensitive. Real white knuckler coming in on approach.
    Flying:
    P-40E 80"
    Bendix Special
    MilPoke - Self designed Frankenplane

Building: ESM FW-190 D9 Bash
    I wanna list: Fliteskin TA-152C, Holman D9

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yep aero Finn she needed every little bit of the 850 g in the nose! ...unfortunately, but, It flew well. But I mounted two lipos under the gun hood and the r33 does weight less than a dle 33. They are a heavy girl. I may be able to lower the nose weight as I get more familiar with the plane so I might b able to bring it back but...that's where it seems to b happy. Does any one else have a story on the weight? I reckon I'm in the mark...the cog seemed perfect at 135 dowmer, it's where most people on this forum had theirs set. I didn't add anything crazy to the plane, it just seemed to b where the weight ended up.
    Last edited by miketahin; 06-18-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.