Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Need Cactus Bearcat Build info

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Need Cactus Bearcat Build info

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 AM
osxpro
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need Cactus Bearcat Build info

I'm the proud owner of a NIB 108" Cactus Bearcat. This will be my winter build kit and I'm hoping I'll have enough $$$ left over to heat my home after this LOL!
I've read through many of the threads using the cactus bearcat search and no one have ever posted a build thread or provided much info on the page so I'm hoping some previous/current owners can assist.
First off, let me state I'm a very experience flyer with a fair (not great) amount of build experience. The gentleman I purchased this from is a tremendous builder who's competed and placed in Top Gun.
I'm hoping to perform most of the building myself but I'm sure I'll rely on Curt for most of my help.

OK..... So here the basic of what I need to find out before the build:
1. Who's retracts should I use?
2. Power - 3W-150 or RCS Radial?????? 3W makes a 256 radial but when the price is not lested, I know not to ask : ) I've not seen anyone put the radial in theirs so I'm hesitant. I do know that the radial would be the frosting on the cake though.
3. Electronics - I currently have all my electronics (JR Equipment). I'm planning on using DS8611's all the way around with Dual Batts and a powerbox. Should this suffice?
4. Paint schemes. Looking for some good references on military Bearcat schemes. Have a good url for reference?

I know I'll most likely be eating cat food for the next 5 months but you only live once.
Everything I've read on this aircraft tells me it's a great flyer and definately a real showstopper. If anyone has any stick experience on this aircraft, please feel free to chime in.
Since No one has posted an actuall build thread on the Cactus Bearcat, I may just go ahead and put one up myself and post it on my clubs website.
www.riversiderc.com

Thanks fellas and remember I would appreciate your input if you have experience with this bird!

Chris
Winston Salem, NC