Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SUNSHINE MODELL & HOBBY IN GERMANY-ME109

Anyone know if they (Sunshine Modell & Hobby GMBH) deliver to the US?

There ME109 are so close to scale it's scary!!
    The scale spinner and the entire front end, how it all blends it's awesome!!
    Position of the landing gear & etc....WOW!!!!!

www.shop.wega-sunshine.com

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SUNSHINE MODELL & HOBBY IN GERMANY-ME109

email them and find out.....but...look at price too. The larger one is well over 397 euros ($589 USD) ON SALE right now, but normally 467 euros. This is the 1/5th size. The plane is still under 80" as well at 78.14 inches so it still doesnt qualify for AMAA or other giant scale size events.
    The smaller one 1/6th scale is 65.5" wingspan. Great for matching up against normal .60 size warbirds like the H9 or Topflite .60 size birds. But the costs is still way up there at 261 euros($387 USD) on sale.
    IF they did ship to the US, the shipping costs will be pretty high too...about $200-300 or more. I had a FSK B-25 shipped over from Austria last year before they hit hobby-lobby here in the US and this was only a 48" wingspan plane. The shipping costs were $45 and that was for normal freight...meaning on a boat, nor airparcel and took 6 weeks to get here. The larger the package and weight, the exponentially larger they hose you for shipping.
    A ripmax BF-109 at 48" wingspan costs about $100 to ship from the UK simply due to box size.

Im not saying dont try...as it is a really, really nice ME-109. For the total price though, you might get someone to build you a kit from plans like Dave Platt or something other for a larger size. There's a guy on rcgroups that designed and made his own fiberglass fuse/wings,. etc ME-109G at 84" wingspan.

Now...theres a company here in the USA that makes a 98" wingspan ME-109G. It is a fiberglass fuse, with built up wings that are foam core and must be sheeted. Meaning you cut out the ailerons and such. Cost is $450. But..look at the size difference. 78 compared to 98. The 98 can fly well on a zenoah 62. This is a 1/4 size plane
    http://www.flyrcmodels.com/me109.htm

Homepage here:
    http://www.flyrcmodels.com/

I do agree though, that the Sunshine ME-109 is super scale...especially the landing gear as its attached to the fuse like the real plane and not the wings like 99% of all other ME-109 r/c planes out there.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Remember though, the stuff from American Eagle requires a lot of work to look like anything Sunshine offers. Don't get me wrong, the American Eagle stuff tends to be very good, but needs a modeler to get it to work/look as it should. The Sunshine stuff looks a lot easier and a lot better right out of the box.

Again, this isn't to bash American Eagle, just there is quite a bit of differences between the two companies products.

The guy on RCGroups with the Bf109 didn't really design that Bf109, he copied the Meister Scale Bf 109 smaller plans and just made a glass fuse for em as well as offering the dress up parts to make it a late G or K model.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your reply and I concur!
    I did email them and never got a response!!
    I'm assuming they won't ship to the Us.
    I do have an Uncle in Germany that might just ship it for me.
    As far as the price.....yes it's high but look at the quality and scale factor then compare that to the KMP version which in fact was just about as expensive.
    The scale wasn't as close either!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah i know the American Eagle is not as easy to get put together, but it is a good geal larger. I was simply offering him an alternative to paying $800 or more for the sunshine model when it isnt giant size legal since its 78" not 80. I'd love to have that sunshine model as its really scale, but that $800(the plane plus shipping) does not include the retracts, the spinner, etc, etc.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was looking at the smaller 1/6 scale which would run around 300 plus dollars. Not the 1/5 scale.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 1/5th size one is 261 euros. The retracts are 339 euros, tail wheel assembly is 83, spinner is 32, and two more items listed as needed for 13.5 and 11 euros each.
    Total is 739 euros or 1079 USD for a .60 size airplane.
    I think its worth the money considering the scaleness of it though, but dont think I could open my wallet that far for a 66.5" wingspan plane