Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Balsa Products Cheapy-ebayP40-bash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Balsa Products Cheapy-ebayP40-bash

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:28 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Balsa Products Cheapy-ebayP40-bash

Balsa Products cheapy ebay P40 -
Bash included top flight cowl addition to the top to round out boxey looking front end , added cowl flaps on the bottom , Top Flight gear pods , 615 robart retracts , Counter balances to tail and rudder , split the flaps , added rear windows vs black stickers and a fake interior with pilot .
Painted the entire plane with Top Flight paints , green was close -tan now covers hideous yellow (not see in e-bay ad -appears more tan )
66" span , very light plane , power is a magnum 91 with Macs muffler extension incowl .
Pros -are nice cowl , nice predrilled firewall and easy engine install , thick tail area , good foundation for retracts , I chucked the mechanicals that came with the kit .Excellant decals , very top quality
Good covering , light weight build suitable for e-flight and hardware that is actually useable .
Cons---wing hold down nut - 1 was off , retracts in my opinion are not worth the trouble , no cowl flaps , does have flaps but they need to be split , original combo is "yellow and green "not tan .
Instructions -ok at best -wheel wells have a pimple that house bellcrank for mechanical retracts , I removed when I added my robarts .
Wheels are -but I added robart ,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14110.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	831024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48201.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	831025   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26911.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	831026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37062.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	831027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sd43610.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	831028  
Old 12-21-2007, 08:31 PM
LDM

Default RE: Balsa Products Cheapy-ebayP40-bash

oh yah , fogot still adding panel lines and I added the teeth to the very front end of the cowl .
Will also add guns to the wings , overall less typical engine , radio ect retracts , the plane with paint and plastic will run you about $149 for parts and shipping from "Toyneer"
try to get a deal and tell him you saw the plane on RCU , you never know , he seems to respond
Old 12-21-2007, 10:17 PM
tigertooth
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic job LDM! Got any shots showing the retracts and bottom of wing? Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 PM
LDM

yes , my camera is acting up but I will post them asap . Simple install , the rails with the kit were very useable , I just reinforced a little and move the gear as far forward as possible .Painted the wells Green zink ox,
thanks for the comment , will post asap
Old 12-22-2007, 04:51 PM
lbrande
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good LDM,

I just got my Skyshark P-40N, and Sierra Retracts. Now for engine choice, and a Keleo exhaust. How's the hockey going.

LewB
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
LDM

Hey Lew , thanks for the compliment , this one is a simple toy , just tinkering , I have the CMP 73" P40 , saito 180 and sierra gear all ready for a bash .
Hockey is in full swing , three teams all over 500 , so we are running like crazy .Good luck with the Skyshark , that is a nice plane with good habbits , hope to see your build on line
Happy holiday to you and your family