Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

corsair

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
redr00ster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corsair

looking to build corsair large enough for rcs 215 radial engine. does byron still have kits available. any thoughts. thanks vic
Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Whistling Death

Default RE: corsair

Im guessing you didn't do a search
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 PM
redr00ster

no i didnt
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: BBOwen

Im guessing you didn't do a search

Come on give him a break he's from north alabama

I don't think the Byron Corsair is large enough for the 215.

Pete
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whats the cowl diameter? maybe a Royal Corsair or thereis a fella selling an all composite corsair.here is the email I got from him.
We FINALLY flew the F2G last week and It flew great. I had to make a few changes in the radio but nothing to talk about. Later when I flew the plane I had a engine out which I normally have no problem with. But this time I had so little time flying the plane that I kept it straight into the wind and it flew right by me and I had to finally put it in the tall weeds. No problem except there was a three ft high burm [with a road that you could not see] and the plane hit it head on and cartwheeled. Of course when I saw this I and everyone else thought I would be building a new plane. But when we got out there the wing pulled the rear saddle out and split the seam on the left wing tip about six inches. The cowl was destroyed [of course] and it took about 2/3 of the firewall and motor mount and shoved it in but did not break the whole thing off. So all I had to do is bring the mount out and CA it in place and then glass the inside. Put the rear wing saddle back in with CA and glass and re- glue the wing tip. It did not even bend a wing tube. It was a hell of a way to stress test the airplane but the plane is exceptionally strong. One person described the plane as a big floater because it went so far dead stick and still could have kept flying a long way. If I had more time on the plane I know now that I would have done a 360 and landed.
If you are still interested the kit is 2,500.00 plus shipping.
Thanks,
John Rivrud
[email protected]

he apparently had this displayed at Top Gun I believe. says he is ready to take orders. Pics looked good