Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

RCSCALEBUILDER down the tubes?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

RCSCALEBUILDER down the tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCSCALEBUILDER down the tubes?

naw efexor actually [:-]

more likely the aussie culture, we tend to react to people getting in our face for BS reasons.

sigh and this is hobby that is fun isn't it?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Whistling Death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

naw efexor actually [:-]

more likely the aussie culture, we tend to react to people getting in our face for BS reasons.

sigh and this is hobby that is fun isn't it?
I think it is a just the internet culture as a whole.
For the most part there is no accountability so people can badger you at no cost to them.
Another thing is, unless you hear the other persons voice it is sometimes hard to tell what the context of their statement really is.
The last thing, the scale model builders seem to be a touchy bunch anyway so I try to stay clear of them. Except in this case I guess.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:50 AM
jeff naul
My Feedback: (16)

i will say that i made my donation in good faith to help this site grow. i also made a post about the difficulty navigating this site, then i was made to be a dumbass by the admin. for not seeing how to do it their way. now i see that i'm not alone. the slow network makes me want to go watch grass grow!
i will give it a chance in hopes of improvement, and if they promise faster srevice i will consider more donations on a regular basis to help. jeff
Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

yeah, I'm into scale, well related to warbirds anyway but I'm not going to criticise somebody if they are a poothteenth of a bees dick out on the measurement of one rivet, seriously who gives a toss?

My grips is this is forum, a forum is to convrse on. That is what modelleros are good at, yakking with their friends.

mods need to realise this place is not their personal dictatorship to do as they please, if the act like overzealous policemen then the punters, aka users, that is us will go elswhere. Theat means the advertisers who prop this place up are not getting value for money as the exposure is decreasing. Hence they are going to take their advertising $$ and spend them elsewhere.

Let have fun and keep then mood and atmosphere fun. I mean we have enough stress in our day to day lives just trying to make a living. We want to come here to escape that, the last thing we want is some control freak playing big brother.

Anyway I hope this place does not go the wqay of RCSB, that place is like living under the jackboots.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:20 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: jeff naul

i will say that i made my donation in good faith to help this site grow. i also made a post about the difficulty navigating this site, then i was made to be a dumbass by the admin. for not seeing how to do it their way. now i see that i'm not alone. the slow network makes me want to go watch grass grow!
i will give it a chance in hopes of improvement, and if they promise faster srevice i will consider more donations on a regular basis to help. jeff

jeff when they started giving me a hard time over there I told them where to place their site and told them I wanted my $20 back, I did not donate to be run down and treated like a zombie. They gave it back.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 AM
TrueScale
My Feedback: (47)

Ok Peter we get it you were not happy there

Funny I've only heard of this happening only a couple of times. So I don't think the mods are
doing a bad job at all. Maybe you pushed someone to hard and they pushed back? Don't know
don't care. Seems like you just want to make trouble and you got your money back. What
else do you want from them? [&o]

Fyi it is a privately owned site with straight forward rules for posting (did you read the site rules?)
There are sections for bs but not on the builders threads as that's their thread about what THEY
are building to help others, or looking for help from other builders on that subject.

Both of these sites are great, this one is more open for chit chat, Nothing wrong with that. But if
you think its slow there (yea I wish it was faster to, and its slowly getting faster) getting a
bunch of guys on there bsing would only slow it down more....

Chuck
Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what Peter, DON'T GO THERE.

The hobby IS fun, and its called RC SCALE BUILDER. Note the SCALE part. If you ask for opinons on RCSB and you have something that isn't scale, guess what, someone is going to more than likely say something about it. Hence the SCALE in RCSB.

If you wanna play with your ARF's and not worry about SCALE, then stay the heck off of RCSB, its not for you.

Its not for chatting up a friend, thats what the phone is for, its for helping blokes build SCALE RC planes. End of story. That was the mods decision on RCSB and that is very much their right, just like it is for RCU to allow people to more or less continue to sell stuff they shouldn't be selling.

I'd rather that place than a bunch of people who have little clue what they are doing (most of the time, there are quire a few knowledgable people here) than people that automatically run up behind a vendor here and defend them when they release trash that could have easily been prevented.

When is the last time you read a BAD reivew here? Nope is usually gushing in hope that said manufacture continues to advertise here and keep the money flowing.

When is the last time you could openly and honestly complain about one of the vendors here without the thread being deleted, or the post disappearing? I can think of several making legitimate complaints about VQ, NitroPlanes and KMP getting shut down and deleted off this site right here.

You complain about draconian but don't give two thoughts to some of the stuff that occurs right here on this very site.

I think thats more than a little short sighted.

As Chuck said, had you taken the time to read the rules of RSCB you would have seen:

1.) RCSB offers a chat room for chatting.
2.) Rules

Rules and Etiquette

1. Why are your rules so strict?
As you well know the World Wide Web is a lot like the Wild West. There are many individuals with many different motivations surfing the web, but we only want individuals who are TRULY interested in R/C Scale on this site. We try and offer a safe, non-confrontational environment to share techniques and thoughts for both modelers and vendors. While it is no means a utopian site, we try to keep it on-track as much as possible. While the rules may seem strict they are there for yours and everyone else’s benefit.

2. Why do you not allow negative posts about vendors?
As stated in the last question, I am trying to provide a “community†atmosphere to share ideas and methods, not a place to promote or bash vendors. If you want to do that there are other sites that allow you to do that. While I agree that other modelers need to know about a vendor who gives bad service the number of illegitimate post would FAR out weigh the legitimate ones. Unfortunately there is no way to police this so to cut out the “bashing†we have to not allow legitimate completes also. You can thank your fellow modelers who do this for this rule.

3. What is “trolling†and why don’t you allow it?
There are some folks on the internet (just like in real life) that like to stir up trouble and controversy. These are called “trollers†(as in trolling or fishing) and they create post that will generate arguments, bad mouthing, strong opinions, etc. As stated in the site rules. This is NOT allowed on this site

You should have read those rules before signing up.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:17 PM
ReaperGrim

2. Why do you not allow negative posts about vendors?
As stated in the last question, I am trying to provide a “community†atmosphere to share ideas and methods, not a place to promote or bash vendors. If you want to do that there are other sites that allow you to do that. While I agree that other modelers need to know about a vendor who gives bad service the number of illegitimate post would FAR out weigh the legitimate ones. Unfortunately there is no way to police this so to cut out the “bashing†we have to not allow legitimate complaints also. You can thank your fellow modelers who do this for this rule.
This makes the site useless for me anyway. Maybe that rule has another purpose? Saying that it would be impossible to moderate such a small forum is a joke. How about constructive criticism of a product backed up with facts? How do you talk about scale issues on a site that says you can't bring it up? And that site prides itself on being scale? Some were bashing RCU before they got mad because their "legitimate complaints" were deleted apparently. It's just the complete hypocrisy of it all. As far as vendors are concerned, and I've made a small amount of products available, if you are going to offer a product then be prepared to listen to your customers, don't like it then don't offer anything anymore. I don't see how we can continue to improve anything without constructive criticism and I don't care what site it is.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Evil_Merlin

Then stop vistiting this site too. They do the SAME THING. They are especially quick to delete something if its a product from a major advertiser.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
fliir

Wow, I saw the title of this thread and it scared the bejeezus out of me!

You can take my RCSB when you pry it from my cold, dead hands[sm=devious.gif]

Thanks Mike, Todd and all the others for the great work you do to give "me" such a great site.
David
Old 02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
dmheil
My Feedback: (5)

I have been a RCSB member since September of 2003. I have seen a lot of changes in that time and I have gained more good from the site than can possibly be outweighed by the bad. I too use a broadband wireless card on one of my connections like Leo does and yes there are significant performance hits when using the wireless card. On my other primary connection that is a cable modem, the site is normally fairly fast to load. I prefer the forum that is provided for me there as I read the threads that interest me every day. I have also received significant amounts of help from accomplished scale builders....as recently as this morning. I have an account here as well that I check from time to time and this site is my site of choice for certain things (for sale/wanted to buy). I prefer the focused approach that is enforced there because I don't really have the desire or time to weed through three or four pages of garbage to get the golden nugget of information I was looking for. I am working on my first serious scale project and the advice and help I have received has been outstanding!

On a separate note, I have made some great friends, many of whom I talk to in chat sessions almost daily ond on the phone several times a week. There is a chat room available and it runs 24/7 and it is rare when no one is there during the daytime hours.

So I contribute to the site with my time and money and I understand when it does not download pages at the speed of CNN.com. I pick and choose what I follow and only check in on things that interest me. As for the issue of the civility there, I appreciate it, support it and oh by the way, as a modeator enforce it. As it has been said, "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen". I don't care to eat at Wendy's so I don't go there. The same thing applies here. I don't bad mouth Wendy's, I just choose to go elsewhere.

On the web there is room for everyone, just not necessarily all at the same place. If you don't like it on RCSB by all means choose another location to visit. If you find one that has more detailed scale information, drop me a note of where it is so I can check it out as well. I frankly quit looking for another place when I went to RCSB, its sort of like going home.

David
Old 02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Evil_Merlin

David,

You said it so much better than I and without the frustration of mine. Thanks.

And so there is no confusion, I post under Bill F. on RCSB.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
crashdummy6

I used to love the site. Until I complained about how slow it was. I do not see how anyone on here can brag about such a site. There is no doubt the contributors are awesome. I just think their knowledge and expertise can be better disseminated via a different method. The mod/owner was rude and very childish in his remarks to me ( right before I was banned of course). I do not see it lasting much longer without working out some bandwidth/hardware/personality issues.
And before someone inevitably writes "Then don't visit the sight", I will tell you I don't. And you know what? I really don't miss it that much.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Evil_Merlin

Show me one other way to get the amount of information is coming from RCSB... I don't know of many other.

The ONLY time i have ever seen the RCSB folks (mods) do anything even remotely rude is if someone has been rude to them a number of times, thus that tells me that you must have been not only rude, but also quite childish.

In fact both here and there I don't see you posting much other than complaining.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:40 PM
sfsjkid

I frequent RCU, RCSB and RCG (RC Groups) regularly and have to comment that RCG is the slowest of the 3, almost painfully slow. No complaints about the others. I wonder if it is a Windows setting or something?

Oh yes, I'm a site supporter at RCSB, it is worth it.

Happy building!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Evil_Merlin

Oh and for the people complaining about getting banned and stuff from RCSB...

In three years, there have been a total of 7 people banned for rules and etiquette infractions. The rest are for spamming, trying to get around the 5 post rule by creating other accounts, or signing up with vulgar names.

I think that says it all.

SEVEN people in three years.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: TrueScale

Ok Peter we get it you were not happy there

Funny I've only heard of this happening only a couple of times. So I don't think the mods are
doing a bad job at all. Maybe you pushed someone to hard and they pushed back? Don't know
don't care. Seems like you just want to make trouble and you got your money back. What
else do you want from them? [&o]

Fyi it is a privately owned site with straight forward rules for posting (did you read the site rules?)
There are sections for bs but not on the builders threads as that's their thread about what THEY
are building to help others, or looking for help from other builders on that subject.

Both of these sites are great, this one is more open for chit chat, Nothing wrong with that. But if
you think its slow there (yea I wish it was faster to, and its slowly getting faster) getting a
bunch of guys on there bsing would only slow it down more....

Chuck
mate you have no idea what happened so it is inappropriate to poke your nose in ok?

They pushed and pushed and pushed. then I pushed back and told them to shove it. Enough was enough.

I'm not interested in being involved in a site that wants to control everysingle word that is put on screen, it was tried about 70 years ago in europe and did not go down to well. People who like being totally controlled can enjoy themselves there.

I could care less. I speak my mind, if people can't handle a person who speaks up then I'm not going to lose sleep over it, if they are so thin skinned that can not handle some well deserved criticising then guess what, I 'm not going to lose sleep over that either.

Complaining evil merlin? you bet. When I get posts deleted for no other reason then thay are general banter then yes that annoys the heck out of me.

ARFs? Mate I have never built an ARF in my life, if you ever looked in my workshop you would note that fact, again you demonstrate your ignorance. In fact if you knew anything about me at all you would note my total disdain for everything ARF.

Amazes me that people who have NO idea of the facts of the matter are monday morning experts.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
crashdummy6

Do you hear me complaining about the speed of this site? No, and you won't. Unless it gets slow. Then I will mention it to those who need to know. They depend on advertisement, whereas other said site begs for cash.

The other method I mentioned would be something like this site. Or one that actually listens to users concerns and acts on them.

7 people? Really? Am I one of those Seven? And exactly what rule did I break? Not that I really care, I have no intention of going back there. My time is too valuable to sit and wait minutes for a page to load.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Evil_Merlin

I tell you what Oz, it IS my business. Why? Because I frequent RC Scale Builder.

A lot.

I know the folks there, have talked with them, traded emails with them, bought and sold stuff with them. A number of times.

As I said in THREE years, they have banned seven people, one of which is you.

The only reason I can think of is you being a total and utter fool.

You are perfectly free to speak your mind, but you AGREED to follow the rules of RCSB when you signed up. Break the rules and they have every single right to delete your posts, and your account if needed.

It amazes me you can shoot your mouth off about RCSB and have broken the rules more than once, and if I remember correctly you were actually quite rude about it.

Why don't you ask the RC Universe folks about how many posts they have deleted on their own, and without notifiying the original poster. I know its happened to me, and just because I made a negative post about one of RC Universe's current advertisers.

If you didn't want to have people "poke their nose into it" you should have kept your mouth shut.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
TrueScale

I could care less. I speak my mind, if people can't handle a person who speaks up then I'm not going to lose sleep over it,

Amazes me that people who have NO idea of the facts of the matter are Monday morning experts.
Would be ok if you just post it and move on but your on and on bashing is old for the above quote by you.

You just don't like anyone else's opinions....I see why they gave your money back. Your way or the highway
attitude. Take a pill dude its the owners site no matter what you say. You didn't follow the rules and your out. Goodbye

Chuck
Old 02-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Evil_Merlin

ORIGINAL: crashdummy6

Do you hear me complaining about the speed of this site? No, and you won't. Unless it gets slow. Then I will mention it to those who need to know. They depend on advertisement, whereas other said site begs for cash.

The other method I mentioned would be something like this site. Or one that actually listens to users concerns and acts on them.

7 people? Really? Am I one of those Seven? And exactly what rule did I break? Not that I really care, I have no intention of going back there. My time is too valuable to sit and wait minutes for a page to load.

The web site does have its fast and slow periods. But unlike RC Universe its not funded by positive reviews of crappy products, a huge Buy & Sell site, and a very wealthy backing from its owners. Bandwidth isn't always cheap. And you know what, I would rather wait a few seconds for a web page to load, go on and do something else than listen to a bunch of whiners complain when someone points out that overpriced ARF isn't near as scale as they think it is. I'd rather have some of the TRUE masters of the hobby help me out by posting a simple question. Sure it sometimes happens here if you can filter thru the "Building a Hangar 9 P-51" or other threads of the same ilk. But on RCSB it happens every day.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

I tell you what Oz, it IS my business. Why? Because I frequent RC Scale Builder.

A lot.

I know the folks there, have talked with them, traded emails with them, bought and sold stuff with them. A number of times.

As I said in THREE years, they have banned seven people, one of which is you.

The only reason I can think of is you being a total and utter fool.

You are perfectly free to speak your mind, but you AGREED to follow the rules of RCSB when you signed up. Break the rules and they have every single right to delete your posts, and your account if needed.

It amazes me you can shoot your mouth off about RCSB and have broken the rules more than once, and if I remember correctly you were actually quite rude about it.

Why don't you ask the RC Universe folks about how many posts they have deleted on their own, and without notifiying the original poster. I know its happened to me, and just because I made a negative post about one of RC Universe's current advertisers.

If you didn't want to have people "poke their nose into it" you should have kept your mouth shut.

mate you are an ignoramous, every time you put your thoughts down you confirm that fact.

unfortunately for you I have no intention of keeping my "mouth shut" as you so elequently put it. If that upsets you then that is very unfortunate for you. I could care less.

no further correspondence is required.
QED

Old 02-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

I could care less. I speak my mind, if people can't handle a person who speaks up then I'm not going to lose sleep over it,

Amazes me that people who have NO idea of the facts of the matter are Monday morning experts.
Would be ok if you just post it and move on but your on and on bashing is old for the above quote by you.

You just don't like anyone else's opinions....I see why they gave your money back. Your way or the highway
attitude. Take a pill dude its the owners site no matter what you say. You didn't follow the rules and your out. Goodbye

Chuck

mate unlike some I'm not sitting here with the blinkers on, living my life like an automaton who must obey every anal rule that is created. Fill your boots if you want to be a robot, that is cool but not for this black dick.

Don't try and tell me to act like you becuase your mentatility does not sit well with me or people who can actually think for themselves with out running off to see if it fits in with the rule book.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
TrueScale

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

Chuck

mate unlike some I'm not sitting here with the blinkers on, living my life like an automaton who must obey every anal rule that is created. Fill your boots if you want to be a robot, that is cool but not for this black dick.

Don't try and tell me to act like you becuase your mentatility does not sit well with me or people who can actually think for themselves with out running off to see if it fits in with the rule book.

1.That's why your out.

2. Yep you are the superior intellect...[:'(] Woops I thought for myself.[X(]
Old 02-28-2008, 07:50 PM
David010567
My Feedback: (2)

Geez... Wish Dino was here! I just don't have the fight in me to carry on but I sure LOVE RCSB!!!! as well as my buddies at teamflyingcirkus.com

You can count on my support for the coming years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.