Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Looking for a 1/5th scale Bf 109F

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Looking for a 1/5th scale Bf 109F

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:26 PM
CLovell
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a 1/5th scale Bf 109F

Oh.... Well, I’ve never had any trouble with him in that area going back to his association with the old Meister Scale and since, but everyone’s mileage varies I guess.

Cool on the TA 152. Very interesting airplane… huge at that scale.

Tell me more about the Mig-3 and your Ziroli Stuka… Both are near and dear and eventually on the “list”. Which kit/design is the Mig? I’m seriously considering that airframe but am interested in what people think of what’s available. Pics available? On the Stuka, how did you deal with the spats… a flying buddy has a Stuka and his spats seem to take a lot of abuse. The first time was wheel clearance so it wasn’t a mystery buy they seem to keep getting ripped off. What’s your experience with them?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually have two MiG-3 kits. One is the 1/5th scale from ImpScale. I've put the build on hold for a bit (I did finish up the wing frame-up and the tail feathers), as I need to get a glass panel to build the fuse well.

The other is a full wood kit from the Romain Research plans. I have everything I need for this plane with the exception of the retracts, but the MiG-3 gear are simple though and shouldn't cause me many issues. I may need to order the fibreglass parts again, as the ones I have are a bit old and are starting to show it.

The Stuka is a big baby. Its honestly a trainer in my opinion. If you are ripping the spats off you are not allowing them to compress like the real things in my opinion. The ones I have flown on had the upper and lower pieces connected with a small thin piece of leather on the inside which allowed the strut and the attached spats to move with it as the oleo compressed. Worked great. Flying off of very light grass most of the time on a nice smooth field helped I think though.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 PM
CLovell
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, neither of the Migs are done or in the air yet. Well it’ll be interesting to hear thoughts on the builds and flying when you get back to them.

Affirmative on the Stuka as a big baby to fly… almost trainer like, but you can really cut loose with them too… very versatile airframe. I did a couple of the test flights, hence my adding it to the list. My bud did the gear stock per plan. First problem was the clearance around the tire wasn’t great enough for the typical tire distortion encountered during ground ops. The other issues seem to be related to how they’re mounted. You have pics of how you did yours?