Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Recommended Hobby Shop in Denver area

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Recommended Hobby Shop in Denver area

Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Recommended Hobby Shop in Denver area

HI, I'll be visting the Denver area in March, any warbirders have a favorite shop in the Denver area!
Thanks -n - advance - ken
Old 02-23-2008, 10:07 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Recommended Hobby Shop in Denver area

Where in or around Denver will you be at?

Things with Wings in Greeley is probably one of the most frequented shops in northern Colorado. They carry only stuff for planes/helis. Its not a massively huge size shop. but since they dont carry cars or other non r/c hobby stuff, they fit ALOT of planes, parts, etc in their store.

For Denver Metro area.

Colpar hobbies is one of the better shops from what I understand that is actually in the Denver metro area.
804 S. Havana
Aurora, CO 80012
Sales Phone: (800)876-0414
http://yellowpages.thedenverchannel....0701.home.html <--map

or

Colpar Hobbies-West
3355 S Wadsworth Blvd Unit G119
Lakewood, CO 80227
http://yellowpages.thedenverchannel....1613.home.html <---map

http://franchise.rc-hobbies.com/retail_stores.htm Check ;ist on this page for addresses of the ones listed for Colorado. Omit Colorado Springs as its not part of Denver(about 1 hour away)
There is Hobbytown in Westminster(suburb of Denver)
One in Longmont(north of Denver about 20 mins)
One in Fort Collins where I live...about 50 mins north of Denver

There are more shops in the Denver area then listed above, I just am not familiar with them.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:16 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HI, thanks for the tips, I bought a 4x4 pickup truck in Denver at Stevinson Chev in Lakewood, I'm flying in in mid march, pick up the truck, visting my daughter in Breckenridge for a few days, back to Aurora then driving home to Winnipeg, via Fort Collins, then Rapid City SD ( never been thru the Black Hills) across the frozen tundra of North Dakota and into Winnipeg.
thanks - ken
Old 02-23-2008, 10:23 AM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you could make a stop at the Lakewood Colpar, then to the Greeley Things with Wings, and then on through Ft Collins if you still wanted to stop at this Hobbytown...of course, if you have time in your schedule to detour slightly to Greeley. Greeley is not not off of I-25, but rather about 15 mins east. Their prices are usually lower though then most chain type hobby stores. For instance, when KMP was selling the ME-109, list price was 499 on website. Things with Wings got me in one and I paid 459. Big ticket items, you'll save a lot here especially on motors. For stuff like servos, it'll be about average pricing.

If you want to stop at Things with Wings, let me know and I'll give you exact directions. Its not the easiest place to find.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't miss Thompson's Hobbies on Wadsworth just north of Colfax in Lakewood. They've been in business forever. Nice people too.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:58 PM
stealth13579

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The store had a few items, but nothing unique and everything was overpriced. Store was also extremely small, cramped, dirty and difficult to find.

Most importantly though, customer service was absolutely awful. The owner was incredibly rude and sarcastic. I had asked the owner why two of the same exact airplane kits had two different prices ($99 and $139) and without even answering my question he responded: "I can't sell below retail price." Well obviously....

I also asked about what was included with one of the airplanes boxed on the top shelf to which he rudely responded "I don't know, I don't have X-ray vision." I then asked if he could get it down for me so I could take a look. He stated that he would only bring it down if I was serious about buying it. I asked the owner if he treated all his customers this way. In response, he simply told me to get out of his store as he cowered away to his office. I would think that someone would know more about what they were selling, I guess I was wrong. Then he complains about how business is so slow.

This isn't my first bad experience here, but after that I'm not going back. I've been told by many in the RC community that this guy is a "complete *****." Lesson learned. I suggest you bring your hard earned money elsewhere.

CAUTION: owner has been known to post his own reviews.

I would suggest Thompson's Hobbies or Hobby Town