Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New GWS Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
cubnpede82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GWS Warbirds

Hey Guys,
I was thinking that we could have a thread to focus on discussion of the GWS warbirds kits, in particular the new 40" size birds like the P-40, FW-190, and T-6.

I have a T-6, the painted yellow kit with 2215/12 ourtunner. So far I love it. Lets see those GWS birds!!!
Post pics, mods, power setups, and anything else that's cool like build tips.

Hope to see this one fill up soon, these are good kits that fly well and are priced great, my T-6 w/BL motor was $60!!!

Laters All,
Isaiah
[email protected]
Old 03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New GWS Warbirds

There is a whole section on GWS planes in the vendors area of rcgroups:
http://www.rcgroups.com/gws-grand-wing-servo-167/
Electric planes on rcuniverse are generally more active if posted on wattflyer as rcuniverse is geared a lot more towards fuel powered planes.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: kahloq
........................................ as rcuniverse is geared a lot more towards fuel powered planes.
While that could be said for RC Groups (fuel powered and electric powered are segregated): there is no such segregation here at RC Universe.
I build and fly fuel powered AND electric powered: each has it advantages (but electric power ones are getting better all of the time).
At RC Universe, a warbird is a warbird, regardless of size OR power system.
There are several here such as myself who regularly post on electric warbirds,
so cubnpede82: feel free to keep posting in this forum.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:36 PM
cubnpede82

Thanks for the encouragement,

I love WW2 planes most out of all, and hope to eventually have all the GWS single prop warplanes. I just got a Zero donated after a crash, ready to CG it and maiden on the 2215/12T from my T-6, I think I will get the E-Flite outrunner sitck mount to get the thrust line where it's supposed to be, but with the 28mm GWS mount I managed to fit it in an acceptable manner.
I will soon be getting a KD A22-20L ( I've also seen it called KA22-20L) to re-power my T-6, and to power my next as well, probably the P-40, but I may end up with a FW-190, or BOTH!

Off topic, but I just saw E-flite's SeaFury 400, w/ included retracts. Looks nice, and if it is as nice as the P-47, add retracts.........
I really need to take advantage of the Spectrum Sale right now. Already have the Tx! If you're looking into a 2.4, check out the DX6i, perfect for a pickup load of parkies!

Hope you like the pics!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53585.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	902434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17472.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	902435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf48277.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	902436  
Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
kahloq

Was never telling him not too...was pointing out more traffic for electric planes is seen at wattflyer then here, but, please do feel free to post here.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:33 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I find that all my GWS planes can be COG tuned by hand tosses in deep field weeds..

SOO nice to remove the prop and move gear around till it is a perfect glide with the controls locked in neutral.
I never tried that with my fuel planes.

For the price, I think they are very good planes.

Rich
Old 03-14-2008, 01:01 AM
cubnpede82

Well guys, I'm hooked

Flew the little Zero today, 2 packs. Tried the APC 10x7 SF and 9x7.5 SF as well as a 9x7.5E, those E props are for some serious power, you could tell the motor struggled to turn it almost more than the 10x7 SF. The 9x7.5 SF was what I think I'll be running, good balance , more speed, still good full throttle climb, and ran the second pack, an 1800 3cell, for 16 1/2 min, came down and there was still a little left in her, and more than half that was full throttle climbs, then divebombing passes. I think I'm gonna get one more of the little, old GWS birds, or two, for the motors out of the P-40 and FW-190 kits.
All in all, great airframe for free, but aren't they all at $0.00 LOL It worked good for the gear that was just a little too small for the Texan. I think I'm gonna make this radio a WARBIRDS ONLY Tx. I have a lits of 9 already, just WWII single engine type. Next will be P-40 and SeaFury, with included retracts. Hope the ETA isn't like that on my DX6i.
I'm gonna have to get another Tx for Scale/Sport/Aero types .........................LOL...................... ......

I really am liking the Appx, 40" or so size, and the E-flite planes are pretty looking, any suggestions on 35-48" warbirds
in Balsa/Ply ? Kit or ARF? I'm looking more for scale detail in a small package, like retracts etc. not just a mall balsa like the GP combat sized P-40 and Spit. More like the new SeaFury 400 will be, but a kit if possible, I wanna try it out, and I might have some table space in the shed soon LOL

Thanks for all that make this RCUNIVERSE, e-powered, gas, glow, car, truck, heli, plane, boat, whatever you can imagine is here.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 PM
cubnpede82

Thought I'd make a new post, where's all the GWS pilots??
well , can't wait for my new KA22-20L and 30A ESC to get here.

laters
Old 04-01-2008, 12:36 AM
cubnpede82

Got the new motor and ESC today, This setup will be a KA22-20L and 30A from donsrc.com like $59 shipped for both.
I will be out as soon as wind allows to give this setup a shot, I might even try it in the Zero. I will be putting out about 245Watts on APC 10x7SF prop, that should make this 40" warbird a real screamer, like the old Reno Racers, may have to do one like that.
Well guys, I'll post again when I get pics and flight info. This will be flown with me updated Spektrum AR6100 and my DX6i, on 1800 3cell.
my Texan uses 13.50 parkzone digital MG servos, they're great so far.
Hopefully someone will post with some info on GWS P-40's and FW-190's, and tell what power setups they're using, I think this KA motor is going to be great bang for only a few bucks.

Laters
Isaiah
Old 04-04-2008, 08:02 AM
cubnpede82

Where's everyone at?

Well , the KA motor is a screamer, and for $25 I'm really impressed. can't wait till the LHS gets the P-40 or 190 in!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM
kahloq

See post #2. Although not specifically specified, rcuniverse tends to lean a LOT more towards fuel powered aircraft.
I have a slew of electric planes including GWS, but very few ppl talk about them here. Not being rude, but if you want interaction on your thread regarding GWS planes, you'd be much better off starting a thread over in the GWS section on rcgroups as thats where the majority of GWS flyers hang out at.

All this being said, no one is telling you not to post here, but as you've seen, not many will respond to a thread about GWS planes on this forum.