Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Spitfire 90 1/6th scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Kyosho Spitfire 90 1/6th scale

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Spitfire 90 1/6th scale

if you have the RAF color codes or names there called http://www.warbirdcolors.com/raf_home.asp this is a good source of paint product in authentic colors after using it I am sold it works well and is quite easy to use once you get the hang of it.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: kahloq

ORIGINAL: Kyosho

Airplane + Camera = fun...LOL Just play'n around with the camera....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e78M3KHo_RA
Try doing that with the FPV Pilto view from hobby-lobby and fly the plane from the "pilots" seat I could do it with my Spit since its on a 72mhz radio, but not on most of the rest of my planes as they are 2.4
I am not too keen on that system. But I am working on making my own (personal) system with a higher power camera transmitter on Ham Radio frequencies. The plan is to have the camera on two axis.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM
TimJ

At our Local Flying Site, we have a person by the name of Scott that is really enjoying himself shooting and editing videos. He just happened to be at the field at the same time I was there, and shot some video of my naked ep conversion Spitfire 90. Check out his other videos as well, Scott has a talent that keeps growing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ub5cHY4iM
Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
deadpedal

Woohoo! I just ordered one of these and I'm very excited. Thanks for all the useful information guys... especially the videos from mk1spitfire and Kyosho. I'll blame you guys if the wife gives me any trouble about buying the plane.

I've only been flying for a year and haven't flown anything larger than a 40 size. I'll bet on the maiden you won't be able to fit a pin up my *** with a jackhammer!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
KentuckyColonel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are really nice planes. If I could ever get my retracts dialed in, I might be able to do more than let people look at it on the stand. I did spend some time today doing some dialing. We'll see if they are in there now. They do lock out pretty much now....but then I thought that before. Bad thing is, I have to wait a couple weeks as our field gets a new, bigger runway. Good thing is, I'll be doing the maiden on a new, bigger runway! Maybe, if the retracts work.....
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
deadpedal

Sweet Kentucky... good luck on the retracts. The stock retracts always seem to be the weekest part of every warbird I've looked at. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get them dialed in as well. I'll be practicing landings with my other planes alot until I get my Spitfire air worthy. We have a very nice paved runway so I'm hoping if I can bring her down nicely enough I won't have issues with them.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:02 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: F-15J_JSDF

Well I am going with the Saito 125 .. for now

[but if I can get it in I will try this 200Ti AAC

As for FUEL ... hey if I have to keep refuelling the tank so be it ... I am in the HOBBY to ENJOY FLYING RC PLANES and RC JETS ...

The saito inline twin is nice, unfortianatly I won't be bying one due to the high price and the recent price hike that Horrizon placed on there engine....
500$ more for there radial??? I will but a moki gass radial and it will sound better, and not be a pain in the arse to run....

Would love to see some video if you get that engine.... It is very rare engine to see or hear on video!...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Mustang1971
My Feedback: (30)

We (my dad and I) fly this plane on an OLD O.S .91 Surpass-II and rarely exceed half throttle so the other recommendations are serious overkill, we fly with a 14 x 7 turnin just over 9k RPM.

This plane flies like a dream, one of the best ARF's we have ever flown.

Attached a re a few pics from a Warbird event we went to in December.

Enjoy!-
Sean
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36291.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	1125482   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41847.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	1125483  
Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 AM
edarter

Hi Sean,
Now thats the kind of post that gives me encouragement ! makes me more confident that my YS91 will be fine ! Friends have said that this model is light enough that it shold fly fine on a 90 and that the engine size recommendation is probably more to do with getting C/G right, but to hear of someone actually proving this is very reassuring ! Nice photo as well. Just need to get my SE5A finished then I can start on mine.

Ed
Old 06-18-2009, 03:24 PM
regislabbate

Hi Sean,

Nice photos of your Spitfire. Which pilot did you use in it ? Looks like a perfect fit.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Bob-143
My Feedback: (6)

Hi is anyone using a YS=110 in this plane
Old 12-15-2009, 11:57 PM
TimJ

This airplane was tested with a YS 120 Supercharged. Before you hang the engine on this airplane, make sure to go over the firewall with extra expoy.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Bob-143
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks Tim i opened the box today your right it needs extra epoxy and some more lumber up the front for my liking , some of the glue joints i see are really sad for the cost of this ARF but like all the ARF i build i glue everything i can and strengthen where needed.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:09 AM
SN1985A

Hello,i have a question~How many spitfires captured by german or japan during the war.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
hairlesshippy
My Feedback: (1)

I want a spitfire!!! very nice planes..

Could someone tell me what the difference is (or which one you prefer)..

The Kyosho Spitfire 90
<meta charset="utf-8" />http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=102665

AK-Models CMP Spitfire 90
<meta charset="utf-8" />http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mv...de=CMPWarBirds

Are there other manufacturers I should also consider?

Not sure which one to go with..

Thanks for the help!!

Pete
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hairless hippy,

The question you as is loaded as it depends on the performance and type of flying you do and even engine selection; (some may even choose electric).
There are also many different Mk types out there (production versions of the spit, from early to late model).
The fact that you ask means you're probably a bit new to the warbird scene.
That's cool, cause we've all been there.
The answer is probaby rather simple, that being: "you often yet what you pay for".
Warbirds require a bit more flying skill than other types of planes given their wing loading, airfoil shape, complexity of additional channels, handleing characteristics and so on and so on.
My bet is that you're looking for a warbird that flies like a sport plane ( lighter wing loading, capable of acrobatics, close to scale looks and none of the bad tendencies that accompany more scale birds).
That being said, the next question is the size of plane you wish to fly. .45 spits are cool, but are often faster, and heavier. 60 size are ideal due to transport, often better wing loadings, better performance and ease use regarding standard servos etc.
This post on the Kyosho .90-1.20 is a great size bird with wonderful flying habits, can be flown on a 91FS engine, has a real light wing load, is pre detailed and handles great...not to mention is pretty easy to see given it's size. The downside is the $$, but for the performance you wouldn't be let down.
Loads of companies make a spit, some good, some not-so good, some terrible. As far as arf's go, here's the breakdown I know of:

KMP
Cermark
Hangar 9
Kyosho
BHM
Ripmax
CMP
H&M
CMP-Knock offs (willhobby, richmodel, etc.)
World Models
Global
Great planes
Sureflite

I'm sure there are atleast 6 more Spitfire ARF manufacturers, but those are the 1st that come to mind, some are no-longer in production.
As a newbie to sptty's I'd look at the Hangar 9 and Kyosho. I'd probably stay in the .60 size model. These planes Will handle well, are rather forgiving and for the $$ give you a great flying craft that allows you to hone your skills.
If you're on a budget go with the CMP or knock off's, if you're not on a budget and want a sweet looking warbird, I'd get the KMP.
lastly, get someone at you're field to give you a hand fpr at least the 1st flight, if you already know how to fly, but are new to warbirds.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
hairlesshippy
My Feedback: (1)

Hey everyone.. I agree, i am still a fairly new RC pilot and think I got in a little over my head on this project, but received my Kyosho spitfire 90 the other day..

I know what your thinking and ....

Yes.. I also agree I should fly more the planes I have, and Yes, Ishouldn'tbuy any more planes, I mean there are 2 more gas planes of mine that are complete and need to go up first.. BUT.. This plane was sooo nice.. even if I dont fly it for a long long time, I wont mind ..

After going to the Toledo show a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4B9bOEhUo

I decided to buy the Kyosho Spitfire 90..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkNB1ES4qmI

Cant wait to start putting it together.. Thanks to all who have been documenting this awsome warbird..

maybe I will work on it this weekend..

Lots of good stuff here..

Thanks.
Pete

Old 04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The KMP line that they used to import is now imported by TBM in Florida. ESM makes these planes. They now have two sizes of their sits I believe. they have a 60-90 size with a 70 inch span, and they are coming out with an IMAA legal one with a span of about 89 inches I think. Both look good but they seem to build heavier - more like a real warbird. They look great - but probably not a good choice for a first warbird.

Ed
Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 AM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Sorry about pulling the old thread out of sleep, but I have a question to ask.

Do you guys think CJM 31825 Top Flite Spitfire retracts will fit on the Kyosho Spitfire90 ??
Top Flite is a smaller plane.
CJM retracts link
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXA802&P=7

Thanks,

IP
Old 01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
kurrikan

Hi,everybody,this is my spit,take a look!!!!it flies very well wiht an Os 120 surpass!!![8D][8D][8D]

retracts from Robart,modified stock wheels, fiberglass hand made wheels covers,,hand made cockpit,i add to invasion stripes..Exhaust, mirror,cannons and domes from: http://www.artfbuilds.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEvsTP_lcWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWqaC...eature=related
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24502.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1550902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64415.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1550903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo34863.jpeg