Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

1/6 CAD Corsair Build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

1/6 CAD Corsair Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Royal Corsair Blacksheep Squadron Build

Oh no.... Not Munda!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 PM
warks62
My Feedback: (140)

Old 04-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Randy, well said. I hope we'll all accomplish our goals. I am sorry if I might have done anything wrong. I was eager to get my saw a' running cutting parts, per Lukes vision. I will not condemn Chad for his good work either. I think it was good as a builder to encourage cutting our own Royal kit, also. I think others were wanting or needing parts cut, that is their perogative. I hope everyone will concentrate on the project as it moves forward, and at least be appreciative that Luke thought to try this as a group build. I will consider that I owe him a debt of gratitude! I hope everyone serious about this will continue, one way or another -Eric
Old 04-02-2008, 12:35 PM
rwright142

ORIGINAL: warks62

Hello all I too am not happy how this all turned out but I understand completly why. You should all take a step back and try to look at the other side of things. Luke never asked for a laser kit to be made in fact he tried to make it as easy for all of us to not need it. He had traced every part for us to easily cut and make are parts. Luke was the one that came up with this idea, he was the one that took all the time to do this for us. He was not pratically charging anything for his work. This thread was not started how can we make the Royal Corsair better but to build a 1/6th Royal Corsair and never asked any of us how to make it better. This was his deal and all of us should of followed his lead. From the beginnig it seemed that everyone was trying to make changes. As far as the laser parts it has taken Chad over a month just to come up with a stab. No parts as of yet are cut so how long do you want to wait for the rest to be done? I am not bagging on Chad at all he has a talent also but we were all supposed to be building not waiting for parts. He had laid out his intentions in the beginning I saw them and you should of too. I had no problem following it either. I saw this coming two weeks a go and tried to make a comment about getting back on track and following what Luke intended but it was just ignored. Luke had a vision of several 1/6th ROYAL Corsairs being finished and flying and that is his goal still. I hope the best to all and please do keep building the plane it really willbe a great plane when finished. I only have said all of this so maybe just maybe you could look past the anger and see the other side of it.

Good luck, Randy
I agree there are 2 sides. Luke is an artist and a great guy and does not want to offend anyone by trying to keep us all in line, but taking charge of people (command) is not his strong suit. From where I sit, he had a direction and what he wanted to see was several of us following his guidance to build the best Corsair we could. When people started to join in and offer to help I think the focus was taken away from Luke's goal. It's just not his personality to 'chew some butt' and bring everyone back on track. I appreciate your attempt and looking back I should have jumped in too but I was not clear on the guidelines.

I don't think anyone wanted to intentionally steer the ship in another direction. I, for one, want to build as accurate a Corsair as I can and Royal is by far the best design. It's not perfect though - that's why I want to build up my own elevators.

As for the laser cut kit, it attracted me because I prefer not to cut the intricate pieces like the wing, formers, etc. As I have mentioned, I am not very good with tools, and right now mine are buried in a storage unit anyway. It's guys like Luke and you that have been tremendously helpful with other offers, tips, advice, etc but I think the others just wanted to be involved to some degree.

I suppose this will probably be my last post here. I will continue my Royal Corsair build because I want the best Corsair I can build.

Good luck to you all.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Tripower455

Eric and Randy,

While I respect Luke's position, we are not mind readers. In the beginning, my understanding that this was going to be a collaborative effort, and as anal as he is about scale outline etc., I (and others) figured he would've welcomed the effort to make a great drawing even better.

He didn't, so he packed up his toys and left with NO warning whatsoever. It's not the first time he's pulled a hissy fit and left the forum for some perceived slight. This is not our fault, but his, so please spare us the lecture.

A simple "hey guys, this is not what I wanted to do, let's get it back on track or I am out of here" type post would've worked. He even encouraged Chad and Karee, who were working on the CAD stuff.

I am perfectly able and would even be willing to cut my own parts. I've done it before and will do it again. That said, I prefer the accuracy of CAD drawn, laser cut parts, and I am more than willing to wait for them......... This is 2008, not 1968.

FWIW, I have also drawn my OWN plans from blown up mx 3 view drawings of an airplane that was not available (DHC-7) in any form as plans or a kit. I appreciate the inspiration and effort it involves, but it is not brain surgery.

Luke, you're efforts are greatly appreciated, and your talent has few equals, but I am not gonna beg you to come back. Sorry you feel this way again, and I hope you work out whatever it is that repeatedly causes this behavior.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: warks62
As far as the laser parts it has taken Chad over a month just to come up with a stab. No parts as of yet are cut so how long do you want to wait for the rest to be done?
Just to be perfectly clear, my first post to this thread was on 3-21-08 and that was the first time I ever spoke to Luke concerning this project. Today is 4-2-08 and I have no idea how Randy does his math but that is less than two weeks. As of today I have the horizontal stab and elevators ready to cut, the vertical fin is ready to cut, and rudder is about 95% designed. I also have about 80% or more of the fuselage parts drawn. To date I would estimate conservatively that I've got 30 hours invested in the drawings. Compared to my normal progress rate I'd say I'm moving along at a fantastic pace!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
warks62
My Feedback: (140)

Old 04-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Tripower455

Actually Randy, we aren't "taken care of"......

Some of us dropped other projects and re arranged our build schedule to have access to Luke's considerable talent and his parts, which are, IMHO, after only owning the CMP hellcat parts (all I've been able to get), among the best on the market (when they are on the market).

We are back at square one in that regard.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM
SMUGator

In my humble opinion, it would be a great gesture of good will if Luke would offer to sell his canopy, cockpit kit and cowling at a fair market price of course to those who originally committed to this project. That would save us a good deal of effort "recreating the wheel." As Tripower 455 says, Luke has an incredible gift in that area, and I would welcome the chance to use his parts for the third time.

With that said and done, I'd actually feel pretty good about parting ways and letting bygones be bygones.

Tom
Old 04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Tripower455

Tom,

Ditto.......

Oh, and does anyone know where Luke has moved his build thread, or is it classified?
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone know where I can find the templates for the tailwheel retract ????