Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flite T-34?????

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flite T-34?????

Old 04-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite T-34?????

Has this kit turned out to be a dud? A search shows no new substantive posts since the first batch of kits began arriving last year.

I'm considering this one, but would like to see some real-world feed-back (as opposed to an everything-is-wonderful review in a model magazine) before I decide.

What's the story on the Robart retracts for this model? I keep hearing rumbles of discontent regarding certain Robart retracts from the scale guys at my club. Of course, a couple of them aren't too happy with Century Jet, either...

So, I'm looking for information such as: how much did yours weigh finished out (and what materials used?)? Is the Robart purpose-designed (for this model) retract set-up the way to go? Is there enough room in the cowl for an inverted 91/120 four-stroke installation?

This would be my first scale attempt. I've built plenty of sport kits, ARFs, and helicopters. This project would be as much to give a couple of guys in my club a heart attack as it is for my enjoyment...<G>

I'm always razzing them about the problems they continually encounter with their scale models, while I just fuel'n'fly. They would never dream of me doing an actual serious scale project. This T-34 looks like a good kit to cut one's teeth on...

Steve
Old 04-30-2003, 10:54 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite T-34?????

steve
although I don't have a T-34 I do have a top flite bonanza that uses the same retracts as the T-34. I have not had any problems with the retracts. They work flawless, and I have a control valve that switches them up and down as well as control the speed in both directions. I'm very happy with them. Set them up according to the directions and the'll be fine. Good luck.