Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Anyone Have a Robart P-47 yet?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Anyone Have a Robart P-47 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:15 PM
AirplaneMan04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have a Robart P-47 yet?

Anyone have this bird? It was suppose to be released this month.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:11 PM
AirplaneMan04

Default RE: Anyone Have a Robart P-47 yet?

Anyone?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
easton24
My Feedback: (1)

I dont think they are out yet.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:21 PM
maddog-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyword yet on the availability of this plane? Did anyone out there speak to Robart at Toledo?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Rebel Flyer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I talked to Robart a Toledo and they said shipping out in May... It is a real beauty too. Paint is perfect and weathering is not overdone at all. Rivets look scale, and it will come unpainted. Probably will cost around $3500 + to get it flying...

Rebel
Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Have you tried to make contact with anyone at Robart? I have not had much luck with talking with anyone and they won't return my calls after making about ten attempts. Paying $2,650.00 for a product before shipping and no-one interested enough to call you back is not someone I care to do business with. I'm sure it's probably just me!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
rustypep
My Feedback: (6)

Not it is not you. I was at Toledo and walked up when no one was around. They had maybe six stacked in boxes plus the display. The guy standing there said all but two words when I asked about it and walked away. I was a little surprised. Great sales training.

ORIGINAL: n8622t

Have you tried to make contact with anyone at Robart? I have not had much luck with talking with anyone and they won't return my calls after making about ten attempts. Paying $2,650.00 for a product before shipping and no-one interested enough to call you back is not someone I care to do business with. I'm sure it's probably just me!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:43 PM
swift375
My Feedback: (4)

I ordered one a week and a half ago. I called twice and they told me that there were no one there to inspect the product in their warehouse (it was probably because they were at TOPGUN). I was told that they have to inspect the product before they ship it out. I left messages with Robart but never really got any reponses from them. One represenative told me that they are all out of the "No Guts No Glory", they have two remaining "Eileen" and half a dozen "Maj. Eagleston". Again this is almost two weeks ago. So if this is the case, there are a couple of the P-47s out there and I wish I can see some post regarding this plane. I'll put up with the delays for another week. But that would be it because for this price tag (over $2700 for the combo package) I expect better customer service. If the plane is not shipped by the end of the week I'm canceling my order. This is not a bash on Robart at all. I've use many of their products for over 15 years and will continue to do business with them. Maybe this is just a little hick-up on their part and me being a little impatient.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:59 PM
rc2007

As far as the P*ss poor customer service all I can think of is that there biz is so good they don't care. Maybe if people quit buying from robart they might take notice.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robart doesn't care. They ain't making their money off of the hobby industry... Look how cheap they have gotten with their retracts.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 AM
firestone1121

$1800 for what? for that price I could get 2 Hangar 9 81' P47 ARfs all but in the air. Is this Arf the creme de la creme of p47's?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:36 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

I just got one, Eagleston Scheme, here in the shop that they shipped me by mistake.
If anyone has paid for this scheme in advance, it may be easier for me to ship it to you than to wait
for Robart to do it.
Let me know.
But please communicate with me at my business email, [email protected] instead of thru RCU.

Frank
Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM
n8622t

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Swift375, believe me, it's not that you are impatient at all...everytime that I got a person on the phone they not only were unfriendly but had little to no information to shed on my simple questions, maybe we all need to give them a dose of customers ability to control the market!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
swift375

Just spoke with Robart, I got the same answer "we should be shipping it out next week". Funny, that the same answer the gave me last week. Today I was told that they are waiting on the retracts (I ordered the "Combo"). I wish they would have told me that last week or two weeks ago when I placed the order. I guess I'll wait a little longer since I'm still working on other aircrafts. I hope the wait is worth it. Here is something strange, I looked at my invoice and I'm only being charged $9.00 for shipping. I don't know much about shipping cost but a plane this size probably has several big boxes and $9 seems a little odd doesn't it? Oh well, back to the waiting game. Is there anyone out there who has this plane? please post some pictures of what I can expect. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Evil_Merlin

I really don't understand how it could be shipping "next week". They had at least 5 of them at Top Gun (I don't think they sold any as they had all 5 boxes when they packed up, so unless someone told em to ship em...)...
Old 05-11-2008, 07:02 PM
wvaborn

What w.s. is this p-47? I haven't heard about this one. It must be something special to carry that kind of price tag, huh?
Norm
Old 05-11-2008, 08:38 PM
swift375

Norm,
Here are some specs:

Wing Span: 92 inches
Length: 79 inches
Weight: 35 - 38 lbs
Engine: 3.7 C.I. or larger

It's suppose to be base on the Ziroli 1/5 P-47. It's about 5 - 8 lbs heavier than the Ziroli. I guess because this ARF is all composite construction versus the traditional contrustion of the Ziroli's P-47. Its been three weeks and I'm still getting "we should be shipping it out next week" from Robart. Funny how there are no status update on my orders from Robart. If I do get them on the phone, it seems to me that a $2700 order is no big deal to them kind of attitude. I expected better customer service from a company like Robart.

Robert
Old 05-12-2008, 10:28 AM
wvaborn

Robert
Thanks for the specs. on the
robart P-47. I won't be getting one anytime soon, but I agree with you, seems like they would be a little more consumer "friendly" , especially if someone is willing to spend that kind of money for one of their products. Wondering what the big secret is, anyway? An update would help, huh?
Sounds as if they are getting a little complacent.
Have a good one, and Luck with your order.
Norm
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
wvaborn

Robert
Another thing, I haven't seen this plane advertised anywhere. Can't find it on their websight, are they advertizing it, and is it on their sight someplace? Maybe I'm just missing it on their sight, I dunno.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM
swift375

Norm,
There is a link to the ad for this plane in the Robart web page at [link]http://www.robart.com[/link]. It shows the three paint schemes and the specs. It's also in a couple of RC's magazines. I believe is advertised in the July issue of Model Airplane News.

Robert
Old 05-12-2008, 05:32 PM
wvaborn

Thanks, Robert, found it. Nice looking airplane.
Norm
Old 05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
John Redman

I have mine and just received the gear today. Overall a very nice ARF!! Plan on throwing a DA85 up front. Mine is Col. Eaglstrom's bird. Keep in mind the uys at Robart were out at Top Gun as before that Toledo. Of course they should be able to pull all of htose shows off and be back at work within the hour of returning home. Go easy on them, they are trying to ensure you get a very nice quality bird for hte money you are paying. The effort is genuine, as are the guys at Robart.

Why is it when it involves model airplanes we want it now, but when our wife wants a new car we put it off for 6 months and then hope it still takes time? I kow, I have been one of those guys before. Check out the web site, I think you will be happy with what you see and what you get!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 AM
maddog-RCU
My Feedback: (23)

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to hear someone finally got one these that they ordered. Anyone else out there get theirs?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:02 PM
strtnlevel
My Feedback: (84)

Just came upon this thread. I bought one at Top Gun. They got backed up on the gear and delivered mine two weeks aqo. Just starting to put it together, so far, so good. No instructions, so you're on your own with this one. Quality and detail is exceptional. I had a chance to get some stick time on Bob Walker's bird and it flys great. Will try to post more info as I progress with the project.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
AirplaneMan04

Thanks strtnlevel , please post pics if you can. I would love to see them!
Which color scheme did you go with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.