Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

New Comp Arf Corsair !

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New Comp Arf Corsair !

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
aUPSguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Comp Arf Corsair !

With all the effort they went to detailing the panels and the landing gear and wing swing mechanism I am surprised they couldn't find a way to hide the flap hinges.

I have been out of the hobby for way too many years but this model gets my blood flowing.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aUPSguy

With all the effort they went to detailing the panels and the landing gear and wing swing mechanism I am surprised they couldn't find a way to hide the flap hinges.

I have been out of the hobby for way too many years but this model gets my blood flowing.
Why would they want to hide the flap hinges? They are exposed on the full-scale. Take a look at the attached pic, this is a scan of Page 44 of Detail & Scale vol. 55 showing flap hinge and related details.

While the C-ARF flap hinges aren't shaped 100% accurate to correct size and shape, they do appear to be in the correct location, and with a little filler and shaping, can be made to look pretty close.

Barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85355.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	1081608  
Old 11-30-2008, 06:30 PM
aUPSguy

Thanks for that picture, I stand corrected. Still say this is a great looking model. Is Comp-Arf the same company that used to be Fiber Classics?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:10 PM
dbarrym

ORIGINAL: aUPSguy

Thanks for that picture, I stand corrected. Still say this is a great looking model. Is Comp-Arf the same company that used to be Fiber Classics?
Not exactly the same company, but C-ARF was formed by one of the original FC partners (Andreas). Lots of politics around the split, as I recall, but C-ARF is basically a different company (though some models, like the Mustang, seem to come from interchangeable molds.... )

Curiously enough the kit was shipped from "G-Force Composite Co." in Thailand, which is where C-ARF was located...C-ARF now seems to have a Hong Kong address, probably for financial reasons...

Barry
Old 02-23-2010, 09:51 PM
DJ
My Feedback: (5)

hey guys is this thread done. I have some question on the wing fold system. Any one ut there working on one,

DJ
Old 02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
dbarrym

Not sure if it's done but no updates apparently

FYI - I recently started a new business and may be selling my ARF kit, complete with pre-installed wing fold hardware and pre-built option, Moki 215 radial, gear and tires, and cockpit kit...pretty much everything except radio gear and prop (never did get my order shipped by Solo before they went tango uniform). It could be finished (less paint) in a few days. Still in the original shipping boxes and wing bags.

PM me if interested.

Barry
Old 02-24-2010, 05:21 AM
docgboy

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80...tm.htm#8096976
Dj try this forum. Very god build and up to date.

Scott
Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 PM
DJ
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks Scott, this site will be a big help. I followed the same guy on my P-47 build, Really helpful

DJ