Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP Corsair -Any info ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Corsair -Any info ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:54 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KMP Corsair -Any info ?

Being the warbird nut I am, I couldn't resist picking up an ol' (out of production) NIB , KMP Corasair (72") and there really isn't much info out here on any of the RC chat-sites that give much info besides, they had bad paint (looks just like the GSP version) and sometimes there was delammming problems on the center wing section.[8D]
I'd like to put a Roto 25CC gas engine in her and some air retracts, but 'm looking for any info, tips and or whatever else i can find on these planes including flight characteristics and pics.
Thanks for the input in advance!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:56 AM
NoFlaps

Default RE: KMP Corsair -Any info ?

Don't post all your comments at once now...
Old 05-09-2008, 01:19 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GENTS ,

by no means do I want to come across as snooty... just for the record it is a CMP/GSP (China Model Products, Giant Scale Planes) Corsair that was sold briefly , very briefly by many hobby distributors... so in essence it was never out of molds by KMP/YT INTERNATIONAL... but just added to what was sold in North AMERICA through various outlets... no blood /DNA from actual KMP/YT INTERNATIONAL FACTORY!

NOW... THE GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

In approx 2-4 Months We will have a NEW KMP (ACTUAL KMP/YT INTERNATIONAL) FACTORY Spec'd and manufactured in house CORSAIR !!!

It will be in the same 1.20 size class as the SKYRAIDER, ME-109,FW-190, SPITFIRE KMP/YT Currently distributes!

if you would like to get more info as it becomes available and if you would like to be added to the customer reservation list just email me directly at:

[email protected]
or check out the website for all the great models available:

www.vqwarbirds.com

BTW, We have the KMP SKYRAIDER instock, as well as we have the all new larger 95" wingspan KMP B-25, and returning KMP ME-109, SPITFIRE, BUBBLETOP P-47 "hairless joe camo color" all on their way and will be instock in 1 week!!! Check out the website to get yours now!!!

CHEERS!

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS .com
VQ, ASM, KMP, AIRTRONICS, RCV/MAGNUM ENGINE DEALER
Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

NoFlaps,

BTW...

I do have 1st hand experience assembling, painting and flying this "GSP/CMP" CORSAIR that KMP sold for a brief time...

Here is the info:

Tomas Sandoval IV & Mike Lunan pose with their GSP Corsairs. Tomas (right) and Mike (left) say these beauties "Fly Awesome!". Both planes feature 75.5" wingspan, 13lbs, OS 1.08, BCM mufflers, Chevron Perfect Paint, Vinyl. Graphics from Mike Bost at Graphics Construction..CJM Rotating retracts...Tru-Turn Hubs ...

Here are the photos:

http://www.rcwarbirds.com/Aircraft/F...arsairpage.htm

CHEERS!

-TOMAS
www.vqwarbirds.com

www.bomberfieldusa.com

www.texasarmor.com
Old 05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
alanc

considering i have only. earlier this year seen the drawings for the new corsair, dya think we could keep new releases a little QUIETER!!! other companys watch this forum, SHHHH! especially with some of the future projects i DEFO want to keep quiet

i hope you understand this
Old 05-09-2008, 07:04 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unfortunilty no -flaps the original post on RCU about the KMP corsair were not favorable , things were reported like "outer wings dont match the inner wings in color "
The hindge points have no real structure to graps ect .
I remember Andrew being the gentleman that he is was answering concerns about the plane . Now knowing that it was a CMP-GSP some of the early corsair release left a lot to be desired .
I know CMP released a generation 2 that many RCU members have flown and enjoyed
Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 AM
NoFlaps

Thansk for all the info...
Well, Once I start to build the plane, I'll post some basic notes and info about it...Even though it's now an extinct species...It could prove to be interesting to see differences between it and any/ all other Corsairs out there.