Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Brian Taylor Plans Update

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Brian Taylor Plans Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:48 PM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brian Taylor Plans Update

Was informed just a few days ago, that Brian Taylor is in negotiations with Traplet. They are arguing out some deal now in order for them to take over and be exclusive agent for the plans now. No ahrd desicion as of today, but this looks to be doom to obtaining B.T. plans anywhere (legally) in the World except via Traplet. Some talks are still going on though concerning the N.A. continent.

The other parts Brian once made like cowls and canopies are all gone. The molds sold too.

Wm.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Brian Taylor Plans Update

I think thats good news for the modeling public. If Traplet sells his plans AND accessories then once again his planes (excellent!) can be built..
Old 05-13-2008, 09:09 PM
warks62
My Feedback: (140)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about that Bob Holman still shows BT Plans and cut kits.

http://bhplans.com/BTPlansPg1.html

I was told that BT would not sell the molds for anything! If the molds were sold seems like then his parts would be showing up for sale and as far as I have seen there is nothing available except the short kits and plans from Bob Holman. No canopies or cowls. I am not sure about all this only have heard of it. When I contacted Bob Holman on getting a BT cowl for a Hellcat said that BT was sick and not making parts anymore and no one else was either. This is all I know.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Ian R

Hi guys
you can buy his plans now from the magazine RCModel World (UK mag). see latest copy June 2008 edition

not sure if it is on the web site but it is www.traplet.com

Ian
Old 11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Adrian14mz

15/11/2010.
Just bought a set of Brian Taylor Plans from Traplet. The quilaty is very poor. They are printed out very badly. The page looks blue. It looks like a very bad photo copy. I am waiting on them to get back to me re this matter.

Will let you know.

Mack.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
chistech

Finished a BT Kingfisher that I started this past January. I bought the plans on the internet and the short kit from Bob Holman. The cowl and canopies I bought from Traplet and if you go to their website you will see they have the cowls and canopies for the BT planes unless something has changed in the last 6 months or so. The quality of the cowl and canopies were excellent. With shipping the cost was $70 but you have to figure there was a real nice glass cowl, a large front canopy, and a very large rear green house canopy. Below are some pictures of the bare plane with cowl and canopies and then the plane finished. Last picture is of the plastic model I used for reference. (not built by me, took the pictures off the web)
Old 11-16-2010, 07:48 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like BT PLANS , BUT i wish he sold the sepp ubierlacher tempest plans and parts . you have to go across the pond now and
deal with a stupid exchange rate
Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Adrian14mz

As I said I just bought a set from Traplet but they are really bad quality. Very hard to read. I am going to try and ring Brian Taylor tomorrow and have a word. Is he still alive do you know.