RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Corsair

Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Craig-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: KMP Corsair

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Spectre1

Quote:
ORIGINAL: vasek

I find interesting that nobody has a "flying" specimen from the first batch posted yet.(?)
Seriously now, someone has to have one airborne by now, wonder why everyone is so quiet. Im think if getting it and strapping a small gasser on the nose.
I checked up on this thread that was originally posted in post # 132 of this thread and a guy on the second page says he's flown his KMP Corsair http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/...dseen.html#new

Kinverflyer says that he has gotten his flaps to work with the hinges placed only on the straight part of the bended flaps and the stock wire links between the flaps. He's using Robart hinge pins instead of the stock hinges, but that shouldn't make a difference as far as proving that placing hinges on the straight part of the flaps will work with and not cause inevitable binding when hard wire links between the flaps are used. Earlier in the thread I suggested that Tisoy909's problem with the stock wire links was due to his hinges not being at the end of the flaps. Considering what kinverflyer has done, and rethinking, I'll have to retract my earlier suggestion to Tisoy909. However, I will say that putting the hinges at the edges of the flaps does give a bit more scale flap actuation (you'll see that in reply #24 of the UK thread the innermost flap's leading edge does pull away from the wing more than the middle flap), but other than being a bit more scale, it's not a 100% necessary modification.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Garthwood

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looking good Andrew...............I mean the Corsair. Can you give some information regarding the flaps, perhaps more pictures of the flaps in operation ?.

Charles.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
AKondor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HI guys:

After 5 weeks, I'm back from Florida, China and Chicago... I can now pay closer attention to my customers here... please remember that giving me a quick call (toll free) can help get answers more quickly than waiting here for a post. I try to have look here at least once a week

Regarding flaps, using dry graphite grease (actually its like a powder) works wonders in keeping the wire moving smoothly between the flaps. Also work in the wire ahead of time to ensure they move moothly as the flaps extend and retract before gluing them in place. You can also sub the wire in the kit with "down-rigger" wire as well if you have it. Some of that wire I think can be purchased with a slippery coating on it.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Garthwood

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello Andrew..........thanks for the info. Looking forward to see your new KMP Corsair at this yr's show in Toronto, that is if you guys are going to have a booth.

I'm normally with Peter Ayache (Jets) helping out at the show, just to jog your memory.

Charles.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:18 PM
AKondor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

We would definately be there if there was going to be a show. This year it will not happen however as new owners are taking over and taking one year to "re-vamp" the whole thing. []
Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Garthwood

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, I Found out about that last night. It was getting quite boring.

Wish I could see this KMP Corsair in person. Don't know of anybody who has it in my area.
I'm keeping an eye on it. Just reading this thread might convince me to get one. I like to read more about it as more guys build and test fly. Just glad that it comes with operational flaps. It looks great as is.

If and when I'm ready about this Corsair, do I order directly from you ?.

Charles.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
AKondor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HI: I have plenty of experience flying the prototype if you want to talk about it... call me anytime its way easier. There are only about 10 in Canada. There are only 60 in North America to date. The next batch will be here in February but will likely be sold out once again before they arrive. There are only 20 coming in the next batch. [8D]
Old 10-27-2008, 10:56 AM
captainron

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ANDREW,
CAPTAIN RON HERE! It was great to meet you at the Chicago show and talk about the new Corsair. If only 20 or so are coming in February, that means one is mine, seeings I left you a deposit. LOL! I'm already prepping for the new arrival with servos, rx etc. I'm going wth a Zenoah G-38 and flying with the JR 9303 2.4. CAN'T WAIT! The new G-38 will go to Ralph at RC Ignition in Phoenix for the Electronic ign. to drop some weight and gain some reliability for idling. Need to get her (THE PALNE) ASAP so we can be ready for the first Warbirds event in Denver in June.

TO ALL THE REST OF THE GUYS ON THIS POST:
Keep the good info flowing, I will need it when we start the build on this bad boy..........

DANG! I LOVE THIS HOBBY............................................. CAPTAIN RON.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
AKondor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yup, your on the list!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 PM
masteromodels

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Afetr 2 months I finally received my Corsair, and I'am very impressed it is a beautiful kit. I have one problem the canopy came heavily damaged. I called the hobby shop and they said they would try to get a new one. I hope I do not have to waite two months again, anyone have an extra one for sale let me know. I'am mounting a G-38 in it, I would rather have to much power then not enough. I will let everyone know how it goes.

thanks bob
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 PM
AKondor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've ordered a bunch already. I hope we can have them expressed air mailed soon.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Finished up the wing, and fuselage is underway, got da Brison up on its pedestals. had the Bisson muffler custom cut welded to fit within the cowling wanna fly this bird asap already.
Almost there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37198.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1062672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31029.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1062673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29715.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1062674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn78128.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1062675  
Old 10-31-2008, 12:13 AM
f4u19

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

does anyone have flying videos on this plane?
Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good question, guess im gonna have to be first then. 2.4 Chainsaw power baby
Old 10-31-2008, 02:44 AM
vasek

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looking good Tisoy!

what size spinner is that?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:50 AM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Vasek,
Thanks, I used the 1-1/4" Tru Turn i think its tth1250-b or something like that, was wanting to go with the straight 1" diameter hub but was concerned it wouldnt accomodate the prop nut so stayed safe with the one and a quarter. but looks pretty close enough to scale and still workable. I have a little extra time today for an all nighter so im setting up the throttle linkage, getting closer to maiden flight day whooo hooo
Louie
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Spectre1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sweet Brison Tisoy, looks like a real nice fit and she looks purdy too . when you get to fit the cowl snap a photo, and a good few good shots of the flaps and mains.
Thanks and keep on pluggin she looks really nice. Heres a flying shot of my ZDZ 50 powered H9 JUGG
Im a huge fan of gassers!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Xv64167.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1062797   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw28051.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1062798  
Old 10-31-2008, 10:44 AM
AYATES

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

does anybody know the the cowl diameter on the KMP F-4U corsair? I want to put a Saito 5 cylinder radial in it.
Thanks, Ayates
Old 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ayates, teh Corsairs' cowling diameter is from 7.6 to 8 inches, but the diameter of the 5 cyl saito radial is around 8.5 . unless you can fashion the motor in such a way so that valve covers can stick out the cowling and still look good, it will pose a problem.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:42 PM
LDM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tisoy , nice job , do you know the weight of the engine , I want to compare to my OS 200 4 stroke that I had planned for this plane
Old 10-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LDM,
Thanks, unfortunately i don't have the weights of the motors off hand, but I do know from another post in this forum, someone stated the weight of the Brison 2.4 to be slightly lighter, 5 ounces if i recall correctly than that of the standard Zenoah 26cc. I have a Saito 220 motor and this is in the same class with your O.S. 200 and can easily tell that your O.S. will come out lighter than the Brison for sure. But considering that KMP would say that a Zenoah 26cc is alrite for this model, then I am comfortable with the Brison as it is in the same weight range as the Zenoah but with more power on tap to move the 17lb. model.
Louie
Old 10-31-2008, 09:14 PM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Spectre1,
Hey thanks, I have the 150 size H9 jug too. and you know after all the bickering about motor size in the RCU thread for that plane. I went with the evo 35gt but realize now that 50cc would have really been the best way to go for that plane, so im sure youre loving it. there were so many people against the larger size gassers in that forum it was silly. Also, those pics of your P-47 are really nice btw. its realizing that i went under size in displacement with the jug that i was just trying to make sure to get a good size motor for warbird models i would do in the future, so im hopeful this corsair will come out nice. that ZDZ 50 must sure move it along nice and powerful, wish i would be able to see it fly.
Louie
Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Spectre1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tisoy, you would have thought i was commiting RC murder by putting the ZDZ in the Jugg. It was just ridiculous at all the talk about the power for that bird. Honestly though a 35-40CC is plenty for the jug. The 50cc is nice and light and full speed passes as well as uplines are very nice. I added Lenny Shindin struts as they were a drop in replacement for the H-9 legs.
Im thinking of a small gasser when i pull the trigger on the Corsair. The plane is a great alternative from a full blown kit plane if ya know what i mean.

Anyhow keep n pluggin brother your getting close, wish i was there to video tape the maiden for you. Im sure KMP did there homework on this one and has delivered us a great flying Warbird.

Spectre
Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 AM
Tisoy909

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share a little. She's getting closer yet, had to re-engineer the powerplant setup a little and deviate from that comprehensive 13 page instruction manual. Instead of installing the cowling former into the cowling I instead opted to mount it directly onto the firewall because it would conflict with the motor of choice. so had to go with cowl mount screws on the outside. Also, built up a little bulkhead to accomodate the ecu. This thing has been going slow for me so i figure theres prolly some out there already flying, and hoping someone with flight videos would be able to share on this forum thanks.
Louie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Yw67252.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1066504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50224.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1066505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr40301.jpg
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1066506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28659.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1066507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mc50142.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1066508  

Name:	Vx45748.jpg
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1066509  
Old 11-14-2008, 01:42 AM
kochj

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This plane looks really nice!
At <500$ not bad.....
I really want a gas radial, so I will have to save for the moki and the comp arf....110"
But by that time I could have bought 10 of these (including engines, electronics)....

.....Looking good guys...

Search this Thread