Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Kmp me 109

Old 01-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Spitpilot
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kmp me 109

I have picked up a KMP ME(BF)109, 73" span model and have just finished some repair work to the wings and fuse. Can anyone out there tell me what the recommended right thrust would be for this model. I have many warbirds, spitfire, P51 etc which typically have 1.5 - 2 deg of down thrust and about 2 deg of right thrust - this BF109 has about the same down thrust but essentially no right thrust. I'm about to make a change to give it 2 degrees of right thrust but thought I would put the question out there for comment.
Thanks in advance.
John.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:30 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile I too just got a KMP Me-109

I just got a KMP Me-109 new in the box, so I got out the fuse to take a look. I measured twice from the back of the vertical fin to the firewall on both sides and both came out at 50 3/8" Looks to me that there is no right thrust built in. Just eyeballing it looks like there is no major down thrust either. The manual is mostly just pictures and doesn't say anything about right or down. However, one picture in the manual shows the engine mounted 2.5 mm high and 2.5 mm right from exact center (viewed from the front). I would think that would be to counter a slight right and down thrust.
But I sure can't see it.

See number 46.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Spitpilot
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ho2zoo
I just got a KMP Me-109 new in the box, so I got out the fuse to take a look. I measured twice from the back of the vertical fin to the firewall on both sides and both came out at 50 3/8" Looks to me that there is no right thrust built in. Just eyeballing it looks like there is no major down thrust either. The manual is mostly just pictures and doesn't say anything about right or down. However, one picture in the manual shows the engine mounted 2.5 mm high and 2.5 mm right from exact center (viewed from the front). I would think that would be to counter a slight right and down thrust.
But I sure can't see it.

See number 46.
Thanks, I do have the manual and agree with your assesment. I'm still at a loss as just having an offset really does not give you a right thrust, it just brings the spinner in line with the cowl if you have a right thrust at the firewall. I have about a 1.5 deg down and right thrust now so will let you know how that works out, probably not for a couple of months yet though.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:07 AM
ho2zoo

Hey here's another question about the KMP Me-109. What (or who) is everyone using for a pilot? I bought one of the cockpit kits from VQ Warbirds so now I need to find a German pilot to fit in there. The plane is about 1/6 scale. I found the German pilots from a company called Dragon and bid on one on Ebay. They're kind of expensive if you buy them outright- around $80 to $90.

It would need to be a full-body pilot. Any ideas?
Old 03-07-2020, 09:48 AM
darod07

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

If you or any of your friends have 3d printer you can try this project to print:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mo...any-wwii-style

You can print any scale you like. The only thing that you must paint yourself.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:43 PM
tevans55

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ho2zoo
Hey here's another question about the KMP Me-109. What (or who) is everyone using for a pilot? I bought one of the cockpit kits from VQ Warbirds so now I need to find a German pilot to fit in there. The plane is about 1/6 scale. I found the German pilots from a company called Dragon and bid on one on Ebay. They're kind of expensive if you buy them outright- around $80 to $90.

It would need to be a full-body pilot. Any ideas?
Aces of Iron Productions, Inc.
https://www.warbirdpilots.com/category_s/1850.htm
Tom I think these will work

Last edited by tevans55; 03-07-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:19 AM
ho2zoo

Tim,
I had forgotten about this company. I actually won the auction on Ebay for the Dragon pilot (got him for $44, not bad). I think he is about 12" tall. If he is a little too big then the Aces pilot should work.
Thanks for the info!