Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli P-47 Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli P-47 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 AM
pappy35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli P-47 Questions

This'll be my first scale warbird and I had a couple of questions before comitting to this kit vs. Top Flight or Yellow.

I've spent the last couple of weeks perusing the various forum posting about it and the question of scale accuracy comes up. How does it vary from true scale. Being my first scale project I'm not too picky about it but would like to know before I buy.

Next question, why use planking??? I can see how in some areas it's required due to compund curving but why plank the whole fuse? Doesn't that just add weight (glue), complexity (dozens of custom-cut planks), and sanding?

Thanks for your input!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 AM
AnthonyW

Default RE: Ziroli P-47 Questions

I agree, why use planking, why not buy the Fibreglass Fuse! I used teh fiberglass fuse for mine and it was great. Saves a ton of time as well.
FYI, it flies great.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: pappy35

This'll be my first scale warbird and I had a couple of questions before comitting to this kit vs. Top Flight or Yellow.

I've spent the last couple of weeks perusing the various forum posting about it and the question of scale accuracy comes up. How does it vary from true scale. Being my first scale project I'm not too picky about it but would like to know before I buy.
pappy,

To me the Ziroli P47's canopy doesn't look quite right. To big, or too high not sure, can't quite put my finger on it. But of the three, I'd say the Top Flite is the least scale in outline, the Ziroli in the middle, and I would expect the Yellow to be the most accurate. But I'm no expert on the P47.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The Ziroli landing gear does not have the scale retract sweep but that could be changed relatively easily. Beyond that I'm not sure just how accurate that it is or isn't but to my eye it looks better than the Yellow kit which is definitely off in the canopy and belly pan areas. Not sure which Ziroli you are looking at but if it is the 70" span bird then a glass fuse is not available. I built the 70 incher a few years ago and I don't recall planking any of the fuselage.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:05 PM
thisoldman
My Feedback: (29)

i have a ziroli p47 kit. have the fiberglass fuslage. Have built several big kits. but first time using fiberglass fuslage. Any ideals or info on getting the formers inside the fuslage. do you put them in and glass them inside. do you need the stingers. any info would be appreciated..