Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP P-51B "BALD EAGLE"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP P-51B "BALD EAGLE"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP P-51B

Hrm, the only ARF's I have is:

a Willhobby E-2 Hawkeye with the incredible non-scale tail.
a pair of CMP SeaFuries with the non-scale wing (no flat center section).
CMP Bf 109 (which I'm going to build for myself)
CMP 50 sized Zero
Old 11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
kahloq

Not a Hawkeye fan sry. In all honesty, the ESM P-51B looks better then a Seafury or Zero. Im not a Japanese fan at all(regarding planes) and the Seafury really isnt my taste either.

My wife bought the plane with the idea that she wanted me to paint it like it was captured by the Luftwaffe. Since she bought it, probably not a good idea to trade it off if I know whats good for me...lol.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Evil_Merlin

Yeah I really don't have many ARFs for obvious reasons.

Oh well.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi, I am looking for a Zero to complement my Spitfire, Corsair, P51 and Machhi C205. Do you wish to sell or trade your CMP Zero? Just thinking about it. Regards, SPACEWORM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Evil_Merlin

Spaceworm, Its mostly built...
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re: ESM - P-51B "Bald Eagle" from TroybuiltModels

Hi Guys,

Since this thread is rather old & so whoever may read this, I hope to get some responses:

Servo’s:
· I have the P-51B "Bald Eagle".I am looking for some info. & advice. When it comes to Radio recommendations,mainly servos, the manual lacks this info. I need some advice and help. Ihave not seen any recommendations as to servo size, torque, speed, and overallservo weight and Engine combinations that seem to work well inthis set up. Can anyone make any recommendations as to what Servos for whichtail surfaces have worked well?

· I was planning on Hitec HS-645HB orHS-635HB's for the Ailerons & Elevator.
· The Hitec HS-5625MG for the Rudder (Unlessthat's overkill) I think the 645HB, or HS-635HB's would also work outjust as well.
· For the Throttle a Futaba S-3004 (justbecause I have a few left sitting around here).
· For the Flaps I am not too sure whichservos, maybe the HS-645HB, or HS-635HB’s???

Engine:
· I have a 2-Stroke OS Max 1.20AX with the Powerbox muffler which has only a few runs on it which runs well.
· I also have an OS. Max 4-Stroke .91

I could use one of these engines listed above, although Ifeel the 4 Stroke .91 would not be enough especially at some of the weight’sthat I have seen referred to for this plane ( close to 16lbs. or at 16lbs).
I was thinking I could go with the OS Max 1.20AX but that May be marginal as well.
I could go with something bigger in the 2Stroke or the 4-Stroke area, but I was also thinking a .26cc to a .30cc Gas engine.If I was to go with the Gas engine, I think I would then go with the .30cc sizeproviding the weight but more importantly the size fits. I would prefer to fitit up and under the cowling with the muffler without having to chop it up, sothat’s a big consideration because I want to keep it as close to scale aspossible.

Thanks in advance for all who read and share what they know.

Electriceddie

Last edited by Electriceddie; 12-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 PM
kahloq

A 120 2 stroke will be more then adequate. For servos.....standard size hs645mg or equivalent
Old 02-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I have to curious questions and I am sure there will be moreto come. I just hope someone will be able to respond.

Re: ESM – P-51B “Bald Eagle”
1. The Ailerons &Flaps: Does anyone know for sure if they are built up or solid? They appear tobe built up. But I am wondering because I am contemplating exactly how to setup the control horns.

2. Also on theAilerons & Flaps I have noticed that there are 2 small holes drilled intothe center of the leading edge somewhat evenly spaced from the center out. Iwas wondering does anyone know why these holes are there or what the intent wasfor them?

Thanks
Ed