Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Focke Wulf 50 size ARF Build Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Kyosho Focke Wulf 50 size ARF Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:40 PM
jjkirby
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Focke Wulf 50 size ARF Build Thread

Im going to stay with a 2 blade prop. But thanks for the info what do you guys think of the motor i put a link to. I was going to use this along with a 60A high volt castle ESC i already have and a 18.5 volt system. I dont want to peel the wings off kind of performace but do want enough for basic warbird manuvers with a tad of extra power in case i get into trouble. The motor is a rimfire .46 or 42-60-800. Thanks
Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 AM
F4U Corsair
My Feedback: (22)

I loved my Kyosho FW-190. Notice, I said loved....past tense[>:]. I flew this bird about 12 times and liked it more each flight. Here are my thoughts:

Yeah:

1. Flys almost like a trainer, very gentle takeoffs using flaps.
2. Looks amazing in the sky the the retracts up and strafing the runway at about 10' off the ground, get's lots of ooohs from the hangar crowd.
3. Looks amazing on the ground as well!
4. I trimmed for full speed and held a little elevator for slow flight, so I didn't have any climbing issues on throttle up.
5. Three position split flaps work perfect, a bit of rise when you first put them down, but if you have a computer radio you can mix in down elevator to compensate. Floats in nice and easy on landings.

Nahs:
1. the plastic mechanical retract housing suck, I could not get the set screw to hold the landing gear rod. Ended up having to re-drill/tap to larger size screw.
2. Please whatever you do get rid or don't use the aluminum tube for the control rods. I locktited my set screw in but lost my elevator on my last flight, I did a stall turn mid field and came straight down without any elevator control to pull out. The rod, screw and alum tube were not together and the servo worked perfect. I'm guessing you have about 1/2 a thread holding the screw into the control rod.[>:]
3. Has a tendency to nose over on landing, get on the elevator as soon as the main wheels touch down, or do a 3 point landing.

I'd buy another one if I cound find one.

DG
Old 08-19-2010, 01:06 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a google search there available for 190.at several sites not that hard to find it took me about 28 sec
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
mike early

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...OD&ProdID=7954
Old 08-19-2010, 11:03 PM
chistech

A little tip on the aluminum control rods. After assembling put some shrink tubing over the ends and put some medium CA into the shrink tube then shrink it with your heat gun. The push rods will hold together for ever with no failure. On the retracts; there is two threaded sides to the brass bushings on the retract. Only one side comes with a grub screw. You can remove the gear leg and file an additional flat 180 degrees opposite the other flat then install an additional 3mm grub screw. A little blue loctite will hold forever too. I have all my original retracts in all my Kyosho's without replacing one unit. All my planes have hundreds of flights.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:13 AM
w1nd6urfa
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1
The retracts are fine for this series of birds. However, the weak part that causes the nose overs is actually the 4mm struts bending backwards on touch down or rolling on grass or rough surface. After changing them to [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5573&Product_Name=Shock_absorbing_landing_gear._4mm_(1p c)]shock absorbing landing gear[/link] the cure was found! no more nose overs (for the past 6 months)

Nick
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 AM
cmptrguy
My Feedback: (19)

I have been watching this thread for a while now-Question is for electric retracts witch degree retracts to use 85 or 90 degree or does someone make 74 degree ones? I have been looking at the E-Flight electric gear.

CMPTRGUY