Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

CO2 for retracts

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
ROOKIE PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CO2 for retracts

Is anyone using CO2 for their pneumatic retracts. When I used to drag race we always used CO2 in our air shifters to eliminate moisture from the compressed air which can lead to corrosion and a possible malfunction.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CO2 for retracts

I have never, ever heard of someone having corrosion problems with their RC plane retracts. Using normal air works, its cheap and there is plenty of it. No need to change IMO.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:47 AM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most moist comes from use of an air compressor. For the air tanks in an RC airplane you use a hand pump or a very small compressor. The content is on moist is not noticeable or visible.
The use of CO2 let you push more volume into a cylinder...

Like the former poster stated, no need for CO2 in RC aircrafts

Happy landing
G-Pete
Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
CorsairJock
My Feedback: (90)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a complete set of Rhom-Airs a few years ago ( sold 'em ), and the manual that came with them said to use CO2, and nothing else. I'm thinking that there really isn't that much of a corrosion problem with retracts (unless you use them thousands of times ), so like the guy siad: 'air is cheap' and readily available. I suppose if you have a supply of CO2, it wouldn't hurt to use it.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:41 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Rhom retracts say to use freon. If it wasn't so high priced, I would.

Dan
Old 09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Xelax

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, a CO2 system will be available very soon (about 4 weeks time). It uses tiny very high pressure CO2 cylinders which cost less than $1 and can give up to 200 uses per cylinder (depending on retracts). It is also possible to adjust the rate at which the u/c retracts for much greater realism. The system does not require a servo as it includes a valve salenoid that operates directly from the r/c receiver. It also includes a pressure gauge etc and can be retrofitted to almost all existing retract systems. The system is very small and light weight, but I don't have the exact figures for that yet.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll pass on more info when it becomes available!

All the best,

Alex
[email protected]
Old 09-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Redback

Don't get too attached to CO2 systems people. It surely won't be long before the carbon police get it banned!

Surprised no one has complained about CO2 in fizzy drinks yet, must only be a matter of time!

Terry
Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: Xelax

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know, a CO2 system will be available very soon (about 4 weeks time). It uses tiny very high pressure CO2 cylinders which cost less than $1 and can give up to 200 uses per cylinder (depending on retracts). It is also possible to adjust the rate at which the u/c retracts for much greater realism. The system does not require a servo as it includes a valve salenoid that operates directly from the r/c receiver. It also includes a pressure gauge etc and can be retrofitted to almost all existing retract systems. The system is very small and light weight, but I don't have the exact figures for that yet.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I'll pass on more info when it becomes available!

All the best,

Alex
[email protected]
Thats a great first post[X(]