Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

AT-6 - Radial Powerplant

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

AT-6 - Radial Powerplant

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AT-6 - Radial Powerplant

I have been lurking over here for some time, maybe more time soon. Been on pattern, and classic pattern for a few year's. Thinking of going to scale, or semi-scale. There are a few AT-6's being sold now, ARF's. Not necessarily wanting to build up a kit, but overhauling one of the AT-6 ARF's, getting it close, or 10' away close. I have not looked at the Ziroli site for a while, if he has one, or Yellow Aircraft ? I will check out TBM or other's.

Plan on the 3 cylinder radial ? I guess Saito ? I would like to compete with this bird, stand-off scale still around? Any comment's appreciated, probably 4 month's away to start a project like this.

Crankpin/RCU
Vince
Hobe Sound, FL
Old 11-10-2010, 10:39 PM
JPate147

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AT-6 - Radial Powerplant

The Yellow Aircraft AT-6 kit is a very good one for the money. If you don't want to 'build' a kit - then you want to look at this one. It has a fiberglass fuselage, cowl, gear doors, wing tips, antenna(s), wing center section, wheel well liners, and cockpit frame. The foam wing and stab come presheeted. I really enjoy mine - it is an honest airplane (goes where you point it). I have a Fuji 86 in it and the performance is great.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:09 AM
crankpin

Thanks JPate. Will check it out. I went over to the TBM site last night, they have a decent list of Warbird's. Seven year's ago, I purchased the Ziroli plan's for the Japanese Zero, then the pattern bug bit again, going to give it up, lot of time and $$ invested, dedication isn't there anymore. I like the radial engine's, except gas may be the way to go on some of these. Glass and foam, right in my ballpark for building, did some build thread's on RCU.

Vince
Hobe Sound, FL
Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
pacoflyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Crankpin,
There was a guy from Australia who was able to squeeze a Saito 450 into the cowl of a Yellow T-6. I think he had to move the firewall back a bit. I'll try to track down the link. I have been thinking for some time that a T-6 would look and sound awesome with some type of radial under the hood.

Good flying,
pauil
Old 11-12-2010, 09:52 AM
crankpin

Paul - Thanks, interesting, if you find the link, appreciate it.

Crank