Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2104

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CMP BF109F BUILDING THREAD

dude , no over the top in Rc I have an FW190 CMP , airpowered sliding canopy , full interior , redid the tail , split the flaps , tail wheel retracts , scale doors , wheel wells ,
    this winter its gets its panel lines and rivits , so dont be shy post some pics we would love to see the build , sounds great .
    we are not a judgemental groups , just one that enjoys the work and planes that we all build and have fun with .
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its time for the maiden flight. I received and installed a set of "Spring Air" 85 degree retracts and now the airframe is complete. I powered the machine with an OS 1.6 glow, swinging a "Menz" 17X8 prop. I moved the retracts inboard from there stock loaction and racked them forward using wedges to get the tires 1/4 way forward of the wing leading edge. Once the wing is mounted the wedges are not noticeable. The wheel base is almost prototypical and propellor clearence is about two inches when fuselage is parallel to the ground. The stance on a level surface looks just about right. To sum up the BF109G-2 not BF109F is an excellent appearing stand off scale WWII fighter.

From all of you who have flown this model, what are the does and don'ts when taking off and landing. This is not a light airframe and because of this I need all the advise from those who have conquered this machine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi

I was one of the first to fly this model. I have two, one I put together just to get in the air "as sold" and the other to make corrections to.

I posted the flight on youtube called "CMP 109".

The model had the entire air retract system installed but I did not use it because I raked the gear forward just by bending the LG wires to minimize nose over.

Mine came it at 12lbs with an old OS 1.08 2 stroke. Its a pretty forgiving airframe. It does have the tendency to pull to the left on take off if you throttle it up to quickly. As any airframe with narrow gear. Make sure you CG is right and do not lift off early with low airspeed and high angle of attack if your much over 12lbs. I am going to put a Evolution 120 2stroke in mine in the next few days. Hopefully will get to it.

Good luck

Steve

I also used the factory plastic spinner on an alum back plate I made. It works but I still don't trust any spinners.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are we talking about the same plane? They advertise the weight dry between 13.5 -16.6 lbs. Yours weight 12 lbs with an OS 1.08 installed. Installing this powerplant would require adding considerable noseweight, roughly about 1 lb. My airframe weights 16.4 lbs dry. This is at the high end. Thanks' for replying but your information was to vague.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok.....ive built 3 of these. The first onbe weighed 16.5 pounds with a turnigy 6364-230kv motor on 10s. It had an 18x12 prop and the sierra giant gear designed for the wing.
    Plane flew well, landed rather easy with half flaps, but it did want to torque left...juts likem most tail draggers. My CG was 108mm. I did not add wedges to the gear, but did use a couple washers to rake the gear just a tad. Nose overs wherent that common, but I did try and use the stock spinner and that was the downfall of that plane. It shattered in the air(after a quick prop strike on a rare nose over take off). Plane took off, but about 10 feet up is when the spinner came apart.

2nd one I used a Dave platt aluminum backplate, fiberglass/resin spinner. Much better. plane weighed a little less at 16.3 pounds. Flew just as nice, but used an e-flite power 160 on 10s spinning a 15.75x13 3 blade. This one eventually went in becauseone of the serialed battery flight packs went south just after take off. Plane stalled and that was that.

The 3rd one still has the e-flite power 160. Weight is 16.3 pounds again, but prop is now an 18x12 Turnigy beech wood prop. Take offs are much easier as these props develop a ton of thrust.

Do make sure u gain decent speed on the ground. Don t yank her off. Keep the speed up some on landing of course till u see how it reacts at slower speed tests(up high).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I emailed CM PRO about all the reports of the spinner on the 109 behaving like a fragmentation grenade.

You'l never guess what the response was, guys?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They said it was your fault somehow.. I bet.
    tysplanes.com
    food for thought:\'\'\'\'If the enemy is in range, so are you..\'\'\'\'\'\'Tracers work both ways.\'\'\'\'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'll bet they said:

If it doesn't fly it wount cetch my eye.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No , no i bet they said............... ζˆ‘δΈη»™δΈ€ε±Ž (WΗ’ bΓΉ gΔ›i yΔ« shǐ)
    hahah figure that one out for the candy prize
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry to keep you guessing guys 
                  BUT
    no naffing reply at all!!!!! !

How is that for customer care!!!!!

As we spoke, please put me on the list for one of your aly. spinners please TY.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you email Jackie ?
    LDM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll check my weight. See my vid on you tube and compare your CMP model to the one I have. If it looks like mine, its the same one.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just put mine on the scale. Came in at 13lbs not 12lbs. I have noticed very little consistency in the Chinese arf product, mine could be layed up lighter with a more fragile balsa wood wing maybe. The wing is always cracking when I handle it. OS 108, custom hidden muffler system, flaps, spring air retracts. no cockpit, no pilot.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did indeed

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I plan to line my fuselage with bags of hydrogen. LOL Tero T
    But how will I learn to fly, Herr Colonel?
    The way we do everything in the German army: from the book of instructions.

I don't give a "s&*t".

what I find interesting is how you typed those letters! I can't find em on my keyboard.
    Oops !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ding ding ding winner , my friend , great find or guess .
    The computer is a wonderful thing , all you have to is google 'how to translate "this into that "then cut and paiste lol
    LDM

you got that right. I claim no knowledge of Chinese!
    Oops !!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did this thread die out?
    I have read a lot of this thread and had bought one of the CMP Me109, just got it yesterday 9/10/10. I had noticed that the canopy was not as described. cloudy / brittle. but i didnt want to find out when it would brake either. Going to get Ty's stuff for this model. Back in the thread someone a(piesian) described how to make the oilcooler /brakes work with one servo, and in the instructions it shows you this (was this not in the instructions). I wounder if this is a new instruction manual. I live in El Paso Texas and have noticed that I have to go with the highest recommended engine size if not larger, I bought a OS 160 with an inverted wrap around muffler, hope it will work here at ~3500 ft above sea level and with a temp of ~100 deg F
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq46215.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1498819  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jim the oil cooler flap setup using one servo IS described in the manual....BUT....you get a huge amount of throw on the top side flap which is NOT what would be desirable IMO.
    You can tame it down a little depeding on where you place the connections on the servo arm. But for me....I opted to use separate servos for the top flap piece so avoid that mess.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well mine is just about ready for re - covering the wing after a drastic make over.
    I have built quite a few 109's but never the F or G version.
    If I had not bought this one at a good price with the intention of ripping it apart to make it more scale I would frankly have been disapointed.

I had a new wing joiner fabricated out of aluminium tube to get the correct dihederal. (the wing tip should be on anΒ* approximate line thro. the centre of the spinner, same with a lot of ww2 birds)
    The wing was modifide to take a set of custome made retracts we were going to put in our still borne kit of a 109e a few years ago.
    I added lightness at the back end by changing that awfull push rod & making the rudder & now lightweight custom scale tail wheel.

The cockpit area has been changed to get rid of that ridiculous instrument panel!
    I,m waiting on one of Ty,s panel & gun site so I can put i in the pilot & finish that bit.

Same with the spinner. the reports of those failing scared the crap out of me and, as I'M fitting a 180 F/S I am going to use one of TY's

the cowl didnt fit so that got modified.

What with repositioning the exhaust stubs, fitting flame dampers over them, & a few other twiddly bits it is nearly ready.

Oh yes, did i mention the ultimate snaffu?

Some little girl @@@@ managed to glue the motor mounting plate in upside down so giving left thrust in stead of right !!!!!!Β*Β* Oh brother!!!

That got ripped out & rectified as well.

A phone call to the model shop got the response " well you got it cheap didn,t you"

Customer care? whats that!

Enough of this moaning 'cos I,m pleased with the results so far, its ballancing well nose heavy with engine & radio & so far its well well below our clubs 7kg weight limit ( we are close to london gatwick &Β*
    Β*& its a CAA (FAA to you )Β*Β* requirement.

good luck with yours & I'LL keep you guys posted on how it goes with maybe some construtional pics if any ones intersted

its mike from england signing off for now

cya

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes Mike, would like to see some pics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello All,
    I haven't posted in this forum for a while and thought I would include a short video from last weekend. My wife took this video from her camera so the quality isn't great, but it is interesting. My main problem with this plane has been vibration of the Saito 180. I finally fixed the muffler issue, but during this flight, I heard a low frequency tone and brought the plane around for a landing. I found I couldn't idle down and had to land the plane fast. All went OK, but when I pulled the cowl, I found one mounting bolt gone, one blind nut stripped and one broken. I was flying with a very loose engine indeed! Anyway, I reworked the mount by tapping a couple aluminum bars, bringing the bolts up through engine with two blind nuts on each bolt. These will not vibrate out. This is the plane that I modified with the landing gear in scale location, linked the flaps to one servo, and I have very happy with it. I have never had one nose over and landing are straight forward. I did move the CG to the foward mark and reduced elevator to 30% throw and 30% expo and this works well for me. The plane is very good flier. Takeoffs require a slow throttle advancement with right rudder, but other than that, it is pretty straight forward. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjL-Phr2i6E

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the video. Those big four strokes sound nice, but they shure do vibrate. The 109 is not a very large airframe so you don't have much to absorb all that vibration. Even with a 1.60 two stroke in mine, I have to check the bolts often.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60409.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	1504656  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dornhoffer

Hello All,
    I haven't posted in this forum for a while and thought I would include a short video from last weekend. My wife took this video from her camera so the quality isn't great, but it is interesting. My main problem with this plane has been vibration of the Saito 180. I finally fixed the muffler issue, but during this flight, I heard a low frequency tone and brought the plane around for a landing. I found I couldn't idle down and had to land the plane fast. All went OK, but when I pulled the cowl, I found one mounting bolt gone, one blind nut stripped and one broken. I was flying with a very loose engine indeed! Anyway, I reworked the mount by tapping a couple aluminum bars, bringing the bolts up through engine with two blind nuts on each bolt. These will not vibrate out. This is the plane that I modified with the landing gear in scale location, linked the flaps to one servo, and I have very happy with it. I have never had one nose over and landing are straight forward. I did move the CG to the foward mark and reduced elevator to 30% throw and 30% expo and this works well for me. The plane is very good flier. Takeoffs require a slow throttle advancement with right rudder, but other than that, it is pretty straight forward. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjL-Phr2i6E
    Nice vid. I painted mine with the black tulip front end also....but didnt come out as good as yours.
    I have a saito 180 in my ESM ME-109E and it flies well, but for this CMP...due to the vibration issues some reported with how the motor ends up getting mounted, I opted to make it electric.
    Not quite the same sound, but with the big fat bladed turnigy cherry wood 18x12 prop, it kinda sounds like theres an IC engine in it.

Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast