Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP Bf-110 Nothing like Twins

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Bf-110 Nothing like Twins

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: KMP Bf-110 Nothing like Twins

Still waiting...
Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 AM
fockewulf37
My Feedback: (102)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gamby,
The eflite 110's are a little large for this plane I believe. But you would have plenty of extra power. The problem you will be adding alot of weight because you will have to carry more batteries . I think tne m110 takes at least 8 cells for each motor... I have already gotten motor for the 110. There are plenty of options for electric for this plane. I am using the Skyshark Lightning 75 and thier ultra Speed control... I already have them in and have tested plus they have a good warrenty....

Here is a vid of the Skyshark motor pulling a 9.75 lbs plane. I fugure the 110 wil wieght in about 20lbs with electric.. if they are saying 17lbs in the add..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tESTxs3PZuU

Ty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21525.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1127232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84186.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1127233  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 AM
jetmex-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I said, it doesn't cost more to do markings the right way, or make the mould the right way the first time. Or mix the paint colors the right way the first time. You folks seem to keep glossing over those facts.
I have to ask: what exactly is the "right way" with the "right colors"? Full scale airplanes can vary widely, especially if the airplane was built by different contractors. Every manufacturer has their own methods and colors, sometimes they conformed to the specs, sometimes they didn't. And once you get a military airplane into the field, all bets are off. All you have to do is look at photographs and you can see all the variations, even within the same units. Markings get changed, paint comes from wherever you can get it. Same goes for rivet patterns, panel locations, etc. So, unless you have 8x10 glossies of a specific airplane from every conceivable angle and all the manufacturing documents, there's no way to know if it's completely "right". And even the "experts" can't be completely sure of many of these things.

My models are built to be flown, not looked at, so if the fin is 3 scale millimeters too wide and slightly the "wrong" color, who cares? Time to stop analyzing and start flying
Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Evil_Merlin

ARF makers are not reproducing a range of full scale airplanes, they are reproducing one.

Never the less, especially in WW2 with the way RLM had aircraft manufactured, you are not going to have wild deviations from the originals, sure panel lines may not be exact and there will be some slight variations in camo, but its not like it was in WW1.

You'd have a point if say KMP offered 12 different Bf 110s from the various series, however they don't they offer one.

That being said the image that KMP used for the paint is probably wrong, especially if it came from "Warplanes of the Luftwaffe. Combat aircraft of Hitler's Luftwaffe 1939-1945" by David Donald. Mostly because in summer of 1942 the Bf110C's 5./SKG210 had been flying were phased out and replaced with E models by the end of June 1942.

The primary markings on most Luftwaffe aircraft up to 1944 was STANDARDIZED. It did not change, especially for the balkenkreuz and hakenkreutz, the shape, location, colors and dimensions were fully documented by the RLM. These documents are readily available to anyone today...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Der Goetz
My Feedback: (9)

my 2 cents:

I think it is an extraordinary achievement of Kondor's to get his oversees manufacturers to come up with great products like these - period.
He does NOT live next to the factory, is not able to train the workers himself nor is able to do Quality Control on a daily basis. Cannot control what materials and resins are used, doesnā€™t hire nor does staff overseas. This is a high-risk endeavor, ANYTHING could go wrong for KMP and yet they release great planes and parts, improving each year while keeping costs in check in spite of rising costs of resins and shipping. And if he would decide to re-work and re-work and re-work the prototypes they send him our consumer prices would go up considerably only to improve on esthetics slightly.

He reacts each and every time to even the slightest complaints. I will not forget how Mr Kondors stood behind his Bearcat even when some of us (me included) could not help but wonder about the horizontal stabilizer incidence on that plane. BEFORE we flew them, mind us.
And he was right, and the Bearcat is a delightful plane and the incidence was correct. And not once did he lose his patience but rather on the contrary reassured his customers that he will look into these complaints.

So, keep the planes coming, KMP! You created a wonderful niche in the market.
And to those amongst us who are looking to have top-scale planes, donā€™t forget that you WILL have to pay top dollars for these products (which ARE available) and will have to invest hundreds of hours mastering the building skills and as well as spends hundreds of hours building and finishing your showstoppers.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Evil_Merlin

Mr. Kondor also claimed his Gen5 retracts were fantastic and well worth the $275.00... now we know thats not true.

I won't comment on pricing at KMP. I've owned both the KMP Bf 109E and the CMP Bf 109F/G, the build quality was very close to the same, and I know I paid a LOT less for the CMP than I would have if I paid retail for the KMP bird.

Does KMP fill a well needed niche in the market? Hells yes. Does he do a decent job doing so? Hells yes again. But there is still no reason not to get better...
Old 02-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Flyright
My Feedback: (92)

My 2cents? DON'T feed the TROLL!

It's evident that Mervin has nothing constructive to add to this thread. He's got a bone to pick and won't stop until he is reported to the Moderators or is ignored.

Back on topic:

I can't wait to see F82's new bird this weekend. I'll be looking for things like how the wings are attached and rigidity of the mid wing compared to that of the B-25. Andrew, if you or Tomas can comment on any improvements the factory made on this bird would be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Evil_Merlin

Some people just can't handle the truth.

Banning for telling the truth? That would be a new one to me... and it would just go to prove that RC Universe only cares about the money, and not the hobby as a whole.

Again, I'll ask:

1.) Why is it supposedly more expensive to do markings correctly?

2.) Why is it supposedly more expensive to do the fuse mould the right way the first time?

3.) Why is it supposedly more expensive to do paint shades the right way the first time? I mean its not like they are only painting a small handful of planes.

4.) Why are the ARF folks so willing to accept the problems in the first place, when the issues would have been easily resolvable. Are they just settling for 2nd best because its all they can get, or is it the fact that it only needs to look like a plane?

Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

I can see some of Evil's points as I do feel that if something is worth doing its worth doing right. I think ARF's have come a long way but they are still not close to some builds I have seen. There are some things wrong even with the SisT FW-190 and it sure looks like a lot of effort was put into that "kit". I am not much into ARF's but am looking forward to flying this ME-110 when it arrives. I will not put in any extra effort assembling it as that time goes to building planes. I do think it takes time to make sure things are right like shapes and colors. Time is money. As far as having someone else do the work. Well that is the compromise of cost vs controlled manufacture. I want my name only associated with things I am in complete control of. It doesn't always work that way but thats another part of life. I had one CMP 70" Zero and that's enought CMP for me. I have one CJ kit and that is enough for me. I have built a couple of Platt designs and would like to build the rest. I will build a few Bates designs because of the aircraft and I generally like Bates plans. I have looked at a couple of Don Smith plans and think they leave some items desired.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:08 PM
stuk_at_work
My Feedback: (111)

Let's keep the discussion to the initial topic please. As pointed out, this thread was not started nor should it become a general discussion on the state of ARF's in this hobby.

Thank-you.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
jmohn

I just got mine today. It looks fantastic and I can't wait to start the build. I will be going electric with two Eflite Power 60 motos (1200 watts each) on two 6S 5000 mah packs. I will get more than 120 watts per pound which should be fine for this plane. Two Power 110 motors would be way too much. A friend had two 60s on his Top Flight B25 and it had plenty of power. This plane should be about the same wieght and a much better wing loading than the B25.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
cpsdd56

I am far from a scale nut and am not trashing the quality of present arf's or turning this into a discussion on their quality.I'm actually quite happy with them,I also like this 110.My only point is that on a comparitive scale of the arfs from most of the popular makers I fail to see why KMP's prices are as high as they are.I like many of their offerings but am also a wise shopper. If there is something I dont like about an ARF I will change it or live with it.You seem to take way to much offense to anybody saying anything even slightly negitive about KMP. I'm happy with the planes I've gotten from CMP and see little differance in Quality from KMP. The BF109 I bought from CMP in my opinion looks much better than KMP's . MY OPINION AND THATS ALL.If KMP's planes were more reasonably priced I would be a customer.My 109 is powered by an RCV120SP it cost me 379.95 If I bought the same engine from KMP at 439.95 would it be a better engine,I'm sure some of the people on this site would say YES. Thats up to you.But as for me I'm done with this school yard mine is better than yours mentality. If you like what you paid for good for you and best of luck with it. No hard feelings on my part and hope none on yours.
Good flying Tim
Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Black Drape

Hey Guys

When I ordered my 110, I talked to a man named Guss. He told me about some new gas engines they sell. I believe they are called Aerovate. They have a 26 cc that will fit in the 110. There is also a pitts muffeler available for them. They sell for $229 apiece, thats about half the price of a four stroke. Has anyone tried one of these engines yet? I am seriously considering getting a couple after I get the plane paid for.

Ron
Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 AM
slyms

Yes Merlin, I'd like to see these designs of yours too. Perhaps we can learn a thing or two from your vast experience?

Sym.
Novice (only 32 years in the hobby).
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
jmohn

I have and had both CMP and KMP. Two of the CMP planes had to have all the plywood bracing inside re-glued as it was so brittle it just broke off from the fuze. I also had one that the glass was so thin it flexed while it flew and cracked all the paint off. The paint on the wings also flaked off after a flight. And let's not even start with the instruction manuals They are ok for the price, but not even close for the scale and painted on markings that come on the KMP planes. Also, how many planes does CMP offer? KMP has over two dozen different models to choose from in civilian and military. The KMP planes require no modification for retracts and offer great customer service. The only decent CMP plane I had was the Zero.

CMP:
2 x P40 - part didn't fit, paint and glue issues. Flight issues on one too because of a warped wing.
Hellcat - parts didn't fit, paint and glue issues. CG in manual was way off.
Zero - CG was way off, but after some adjustment is flew great. Paint chipped off easily.
AT6 - missing parts and problems with the glue and paint.

KMP:
Stuka - no problems
Bearcat - a rocket
P51B - flys great and looks fantastic
Me-110 - just got this one, but it looks awsome
Hurricane - can't wait

The CMP planes are fine for what they are, inexpensive weekend flyers that with some work can be made to look nice. KMP have excellent planes that are very scale right out of the box. Their customer service is excellent and they are always ready to help you with issues.

Jeff
Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Evil_Merlin

The ImpScale MiG-3 is still on the market, buy the plans, build the plane.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Evil_Merlin

Betwen the KMP 109 and the CMP 109, I'd take the CMP 109 every time. I had both, I sold the KMP 109.

The paint and decals are off on both, both are wrong, the CMP is worse, but the KMP is still rather bad. I won't even get into the horrible painting & decals on the KMP Fw 190.

How many planes does CMP offer? Dozens, from the ARF trainer to large multi-engined warbrids and everything in between.

KMP's retracts are total and utter crap (the ones for the 109 anyways), so the fact that the planes don't need modifications for those retracts doesn't amount to much at all.

The CMP 109 is my second CMP bird, my first is the Zero and I had no issues with that still after one flying season.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM
jmohn

From my experience with CMP the quality of the models are "hit and miss". I have had good ones from time-to-time, but more often not. If you are good with an airbrush and have the time they are fine. I don't want to do a lot of work on re-painting my planes and prefer to spend the time on the cockpits and other detailing. I also like to fly and all my KMP planes have been much better flyers so far.

CMP vs. KMP

or

H9 vs. Top Flight

The all have their merits and vices

Jeff
Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 AM
slyms

Come on Merlin, where's these designs of yours? You seem to be avoiding any replies about them!

I recall another member on here who had a vendetta against KMP/YT warbirds and how scale they are, when I looked at his website the pride of his fleet was a Kyosho Spitfire!

Sym.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Evil_Merlin

Apparently you are not reading too well Slyms...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM
bokis

I have flown roughly 10 different KMP aircrafts and for me they are perfect,love my DC3,the best twin I have flown..
So I have ordered one of these and I dont think i will be dissapointed..
Reading Evil Merlins postĀ“s are like reading same thing,over and over again how horribly wrong everything is,it really doesent matter the topic,the main thing is bashing KMP..ItĀ“s getting boring(understatement)..
For me these are "bang for the buck",I am a not a very good builder,this is my opurtunity to fly the aircrafts I like..
So iĀ“m going to try this one as well with a couple of 91 FS and itĀ“s going to be fun as well!
By the way,i would also be interested in pictures of Mr Merlins Hangar..
//Bokis
Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 AM
AKondor

Hi Guys; Lets face it... Clearly there are people here who want to add constructive elements to this forum and those who have other motives. Should anyone feel as though they need to discuss things with me personally then lets have that conversation on my dime by calling toll free to do so 888-968-7251. I would be happy to talk to anyone regarding our pricing (yes we actually support our dealers and stick to our pricing and give them the chance to discount if they wish to do so) and the quality and manufacturing process anytime.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
slyms

Merlin, you twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. Good on you Andrew for offering such a fine service.

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

Oh my stuff is already on the market.

I don't design ARF's. No pleasure in it.
Exactly how does everyone else translate this?

Sym.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Evil_Merlin

Actually you just are not reading my posts Slyms...
Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Evil_Merlin

Your right Andrew, I have other motives.

I just want someone to do some do-diligence with the planes they are selling.
I want to make the hobby better and that starts better than "it kinda looks like".
I want the ARF kit sellers/designers to take a little bit of time to do better at scale outlines. It takes no more time to do it right than it does to do it wrong.
I want the ARF kit sellers/designers to take a little bit of time to do better at the markings & paint. It takes no more time to do it right than it does to do it wrong.

Oh and sell retracts that are not garbage.

I'll make sure I bring them with me to WRAM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.