Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: COMP ARF 110

What size spinner are you guys using. Mike
    \"No hanger Queens\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Samparfitt, were do you get those nite little servo connectors, the little plastic colored ones

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got my spinner from soloprop.

Sullivan aluminum connectors:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYCH4&P=7
    G. Samuel Parfitt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

luckyb001

Vogelsang has a one piece aluminum hub for the Moki and Tru-turn makes a two piece. The problem with these in conjunction with a wood prop is that it is very difficult to tighten them evenly so as not to wobble. Seems the wood always compresses easier on one side than the other. They work better on a composite.

Paul
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Samparfitt, what I was looking at was the plastic connectors that you used to connect the servo leads, servo to an extension lead

ive attached some pic.s of my Corsair transport cradle.. I bolt the cradle to the trailer floor, with the corsair ready to go, roll in onto the cradle with the tail held high. when I lower the tail the corsair will set on the cradle with the wheels off the floor, strap it down and away you go..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ol31682.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	1524808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	So43025.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	1524809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di10554.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	1524810  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

post some pictures of how you secure the fuse.

=============
    safety clips:

towers:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXWK7&P=7

the ones I have, they are from e-power that I picked up at one of the flyins that I went to:
    http://www.rcmicroflite.com/Universa...10-_p_113.html
    G. Samuel Parfitt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What I do is put a towel over the plane and strap it down just behind the cowl down to the legs on the cradel. on the aft behind the canopy strap it down to the cradle legs again.. works very well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any one have on of these they want to trade a jet for !?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

pm me what jets do you have to trade ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To all:

I flew my Comp-ARF Corsair for the third time yesterday (and still have not exceeded 1/2 throttle) and again, experienced flutter on the ailerons. I initially used Hitec 5645's on the ailerons, but after the second flight I replaced them with JR 8711's. I had hoped this would solve the problem but it did not.

Power is a Moki 250 on a 3 bladed 28 X 18.

Is anyone else having this problem? The first two flights the ailerons were fluttering, but the third flight (with the new servos) I saw the entire right wing flutter. I immediately reduced power and landed without problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

My kit was the ARF model (no folding wing) so the controls and hinges were factory installed. The plane flies beautifully, no problems whatsoever, and only took 2 clicks of down trim.

If anyone has any experience with this problem, I would love to hear how you fixed it. The only thing left that I know to do is to cut hatches in the wing bottom, move the servos and add control horns to the bottom of the ailerons. I would rather not do this (for cosmetic reasons), but I am at the bottom of the idea barrel.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From what I understand Brian O'Meara had the wing flutter and lost the aircraft .[] Is your a folding wing version ? I am constructing one ,and am on the middle of either replacing the "All thread or installing hollow CF tubes or brass & epoxy over the All thread.

Semper Fi
    Joe
    Look towards the Horizon......your death awaits you there So Enjoy today ,,,,,,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

post a pic of your servo linkage setup.
    Greg Norman said, \"Happiness is a long walk with a putter.\" Obviously he never flew a P-51 Mustang.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good idea...sounds like a geometry problem
    Tom Perry
    In Dog beers, I only had one!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That could be a problem on a expensive airplane, I had been on Vogelsang site looking at the Corsair and maybe a 250 radial to go with it, I am going to keep a eye the this thread about the flutter before I make my mind up on this one.
    Help! Call the doctor I can't stop building these things.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcwarbirdbuilder

That could be a problem on a expensive airplane, I had been on Vogelsang site looking at the Corsair and maybe a 250 radial to go with it, I am going to keep a eye the this thread about the flutter before I make my mind up on this one.
    Smart move.
    joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uncle Joe,

I used the hard, fully threaded pushrods that come with the kit, but I used a hollow CF tube over the threaded rod, and the ball links are tight against the rod.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On your aileron servo arm, is the pushrod connected to the hole far away from the center or close to the center? I am building this bird right now. As the "control horn" on the ailerons are very short, you should connect your push rod to the hole close to the center of the servo arm.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

from the pic of the plane landing; I don't see any external control horns on the ailerons. Does that mean it has a "short" control horn? A short horn on the ailerons is bad. The servo arm should always be shorter than the surface control horn. Don't really know how you've set the servo up, but just guessing I would say that could be your problem. That's what it sounds like.

Hope this helps
    Greg Norman said, \"Happiness is a long walk with a putter.\" Obviously he never flew a P-51 Mustang.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the ideas guys, I really appreciate it.

I have the JR metal arm on the servos, and the pushrods are connected the second hole 'out' from the servo. I can move it in one more hole and hope that does it. I am leery of flying it again without some confidence in the fix.

The aileron horn is buried in the leading edge of the aileron, and the geometry is not good. It came from the factory that way so I trusted their judgement.

Thanks again for the help,

Jerry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I experienced the same thing and could not resolve it until I added balances to the aileron. There are some pics on here showing what I did. I can fly full throttle with no hint of flutter.

Scott

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jerry:
    I have the exact set-up as yours. Non-folding wing. JR8611 Horizon metal arm with ball link in the 2nd hole out. I also covered the 2mm allthread with a c/f rod and used the factory location on the airleron. I have not had a hint of flutter and have a couple dozen flights so I do not know what to say.

If I were to build another one of these birds, I would install arms on the airlerons for sure.

I assume your airleron servo is installed into the rib like mine? I am trying to elimate the possibility of the wing skin flexing if your servo is mounted to the skin.

May I ask how much lead it took in the nose to balance your bird (with the gear up)?

Paul
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Paul,

It took 19 oz's directly behind the firewall. I built a two tiered shelf that holds 4 batteries (2ea on RX, 1ea for motor/pump, and one for nav lights) 64oz fuel tank, and all electronics that goes right behind the firewall. Everything is in front of the CG.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jerry:

Sorry to repeat myself, but is your airleron servo installed in the plywood rib?

I noticed when Sam was setting up his aileron servo, his folding wing version did not have a plywood rib where our tube version does so he was forced to mount it on the wing skin. In so doing, you almost have to build a box around the servo to tighten up the wing skins so they do not flex in flight and create flutter etc. This is common to most Comp-Arf planes.

Just checking to see if this might be your problem.

Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have decided to move the aileron servo and control arm to the outside to eliminate any chance of flutter on my Corsair. I also moved the rudder servo to the vertical fin and put a control arm on the rudder. It may not look as good as the hidden lincage but it should eliminate any flutter. Also True Turn has a 2" spinner and the hardware to mount it to the Moki available. My plane is painted and I plan to clear it tomorrow so I will put some photos up when it's done. This thread has been helpful while building and I would like to thank you guys for all the effort it took to post all those photos. mike
    \"No hanger Queens\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I also would like to thank all who have posted it been a great help in construction of the U Bird.Here are a few photo's of my U bird.
    Semper fi
    Joe

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast