Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

another source for robart parts.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

another source for robart parts.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 08:00 PM
EANDER6655
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another source for robart parts.

Is there another source for robart parts for their struts. I have a broken strut due to a hard landing. so i ordered the part from robart. They sent me one but it was the wrong side. so i called them and they said they would ship the right one. 1 week later still no part so i called again, said they would ship it right out. now one week later and still no part. just got off of the phone with them and the said they would call me back but I do not believe it. I am a little dissapointed with this manufacturer who is supposed to be the best of the best.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Tmoth4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand your frustration. I went through almost the same thing you are with them over some struts, sending me two different struts, sending one back, phone calls, etc. but I finally got what I needed. They hooked me up with a guy named Karl who seemed to understand what I was talking about. I still find theirs the best after experience with other brands. It's too bad you can't get a good product AND good service. Maybe they're overwhelmed because flying season is coming up.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:38 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default retracts and struts

For struts try Ray Lightfoot at (846) 886 0095 For retracts Spring Air http://www.retracts.com/
Also you can try Gene Barton, number available from Bob Holman (909) 8853959
JG

http://www.jg.rcplanet.com/
Old 03-19-2002, 02:32 AM
selpel

Hey Guys, We have a guy locally that raced AT-6 planes for several manufactors and he is still building RC parts. The gentlemans name is Gene Barton "AKA Black Bart". He builds THE FINEST scale struts available for several different planes.His phone number is 573-964-6718 if you like I can post photos of the struts he built for our 3 Zirioli 101" B-25`s. If you want the best forget the rest! Steve The Prez.

Check out his web site at www.genebarton.com

Also our B-25 site at www.skunkworks.rcplanet.com/
Old 03-19-2002, 01:06 PM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

Default struts

YES Gene Barton is an excellent way to go He has made several struts and retracts for us. He made some struts for a set of Robarts that we have in a tf p51 and they are great. After seeing the quality difference between the "manufactured" Retracts and the customs All mine from now on will have the custom's by Gene

You can also try Shindin I've seen some of his work. Very nice.
[email protected]
http://www.shindin.homestead.com/
Old 03-19-2002, 04:05 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got you guys beat. i ordered a set of gear from century jet for a ziroli p-38 after waiting two months for them to get built, they sent them a different address than mine to a place where no one lived. to top it off, they didn't even use the right plan sheet from ziroli to make the gear . they were so screwed up you couldn't beleive it . the mains wouldn't even put the wheel up in the boom and the nose gear axel hit the back former 'cause it was so long. they look like they were built with a file and bench grinder! robart may have there problems ,but i refuse to buy anything else. i'm glad we even have companys able to build gear. that's my two cents , ron
Old 03-19-2002, 05:33 PM
seafury_fb11

Ron,
I've heard similar things about Century Jet, but Gene Barton does build some excellent gear.

Russ.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:05 AM
Vince

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like nothing has changed at Century Jet. The comment about them looking like they were made with a file and bench grinder is fitting. That is exactly what mine looked like.

Vince