Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

which country had the best fighter planes of WWII

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Japan
1.51%
Italy
0.71%
France
0.30%
Great Britain
10.29%
USA
50.86%
Russia
2.02%
Germany
33.60%
China
0.20%
Others
0.50%
Voters: 991. You may not vote on this poll

which country had the best fighter planes of WWII

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:48 PM
skull1971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which country had the best fighter planes of WWII

ORIGINAL: Okinchi

Walking away from this forum… actually, not funny, ridiculous.

RUN don't walk,
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Okinchi

ORIGINAL: skull1971

ORIGINAL: Okinchi

Walking away from this forum… actually, not funny, ridiculous.

RUN don't walk,
I KNOW...
Old 01-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Warbird Nut

Here's a suggestion. If you want to compare various planes of WWII, fly IL Sturmovick by Ubisoft. You can fly just about all the planes mentioned in this thread along with the major variants. The flight model is considered very good according to combat veterans and full scale pilots and you can shoot down other pilots from all over the world via the internet.

This simulation is the only way I will ever fly all my favorite planes or experience something close to combat and it is a lot of fun.

And as far as flying the Zero I've managed to shoot down many Corsairs and Hellcats with it and been shot down by them as well.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Warbird Nut

Here's a suggestion. If you want to compare various planes of WWII, fly IL Sturmovick by Ubisoft. You can fly just about all the planes mentioned in this thread along with the major variants. The flight model is considered very good according to combat veterans and full scale pilots and you can shoot down other pilots from all over the world via the internet.

This simulation is the only way I will ever fly all my favorite planes or experience something close to combat and it is a lot of fun.

And as far as flying the Zero I've managed to shoot down many Corsairs and Hellcats with it and been shot down by them as well.

No clue why any real pilot would think the flight models are good... they are not. They are VERY generic. Heck with full realism on, I can get a P-51D to almost 700 MPH in a dive without damage to the plane...
Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Warbird Nut

Would'nt that be a problem with the damage model not the flight model? The Ki-84 will lose it's wings in a high speed dive, others will sustain some sort damage as well in high speed dives. It's not perfect but it's as close as we're going to get unless you can invent a time machine end enlist into the Air Force of your choice.

There are many full scale pilots Military and civilian who enjoy flying the simulation and it's really just about having fun. In full realism mode shooting down the enemy can be very challenging. Just trying to track the enemy and keep him in your sights is difficult.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Evil_Merlin

OH I enjoy the heck out of the game, I have over 1000 different skins for the various airframes in the game.

Its just not a very realistic as a flight model.

PS: I'm a pilot and have quite a few hours in warbirds logged...
Old 01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
jeffk464

Yes, if you bring the me262 into the argument it wins hands down. It was definitely ahead of its time, but for prop driven airplanes I choose the ugly LA7. When I have flown it in warbirds so long as I pay attention to tactics I'm almost invulnerable. All that is required to dominate in warbirds with the LA7 is to keep a speed and altitude advantage, only turn fight with with FW's, mustangs, and corsairs, never turn in a situation where you are outnumbered, and never go after bombers. This plane is best used as a mustang killer, at that task it reigns supreme. P.S. in real life the top Russian ace of WW2 shot down two mustangs after they jumped him thinking he was a FW190.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM
jeffk464

Evil Merlin, do you play warbirds? I have gone back and forth with someone by that name in warbirds.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Evil_Merlin

Occasionally. The poor graphics kinda make my time in game short lived.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:44 AM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Ah CJ now you went and done it attacking the Zero !........ LOL .....Hey ya have to admit with the upgrades on the A6M5 thicker wing skin , to improve diving speed , upgraded firepower , and armor ( finally for the pilot ) don't rember if they improved the fuel tanks , it was much more a formitable fighter , then any previous zero ? granted to little to late , but its reputation as a fierce dog fighting aircraft was well deserved and earned , Japan did field and design far more fighters then just the Zero , so mabey just mabey we need to look at each country's fighters as previously stated as a whole , and not single out one or two ,
Old 01-11-2009, 01:52 AM
IL2windhawk

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin
No clue why any real pilot would think the flight models are good... they are not. They are VERY generic. Heck with full realism on, I can get a P-51D to almost 700 MPH in a dive without damage to the plane...

WHATTT????
I almost entirely fly Mustangs (in IL2) and I've NEVER exceeded 570 MPH without parts falling off.
Can you back up this enormous claim with a track to prove it?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:38 AM
skull1971

HEHEHE, games are fun BUT you sitting in you jammies "Flying" your PC, will NEVER compare to placing your can in the seat and going for a spin. Now I'm not knocking them, to each their own, but I find them boring. No element of danger, if I crash I wanna do it for real, get the ticker pumping, put in some pucker factor, that's when you know your alive.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: skull1971

HEHEHE, games are fun BUT you sitting in you jammies "Flying" your PC, will NEVER compare to placing your can in the seat and going for a spin. Now I'm not knocking them, to each their own, but I find them boring. No element of danger, if I crash I wanna do it for real, get the ticker pumping, put in some pucker factor, that's when you know your alive.

Yes in deed, some can handle "G's" better than others. Better bring a "Barf Bag." And once you're dead... YOU ARE REALLY DEAD! And if you get damaged in a Sim or had a very hard landing... your not held up in some hospital for weeks or months on end. Plus I've hit turbulance before that knocked my head on top of the Cockpit during bad weather, what Sim has that ?

I fly the full size aircraft, and I haven't found a Simulator that really duplicates the real thing. It only gives you a idea on how to fly.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:03 PM
jeffk464

Its exciting to me because its a competition, its not scary flying the simulator but I still don't want to loose.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

I have had fun reading everyone's opinion of who had the best fighters in WW2. It's like asking which is better, blond's, brunette's or redhead's?? Whatever turns you on. They are all great!!! Why don't you think about which was the most "successful" fighter? My choice would be the P-51D in the ETO and the Hellcat in the Pacific.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:25 AM
ZERO-322

I VOTE REDHEADS !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 AM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

Oh, Man, I used to date a Redhead for 3 years!!!! OMG!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Johnnie Red

ORIGINAL: warbird51

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

Oh, Man, I used to date a Redhead for 3 years!!!! OMG!!!

They 've got the devil inside!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
skull1971

I married one, and then WE had another,, and ya'll wonder why I'm a mess.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you mean to tell me that there is still a heart beat left in this thread......and it took a red head to revive it?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
ZERO-322

Hey jonnie I hear ya dated one for 5 yrs myself , still brings a smile to my face when I think back OMG is right one the money LOL !!!!!!!1
Old 01-15-2009, 05:29 AM
skull1971

ORIGINAL: Ram-bro

you mean to tell me that there is still a heart beat left in this thread......and it took a red head to revive it?
Ya know the right red-head can revive most anything I still look for Gilligan's Island reruns, just for Ginger[&:]
Old 03-20-2010, 07:01 PM
frankolin42

lets not forget the Battle of Britain was was won............by the British. The plane is only as good as it's pilot. the RAF was out gunned 20 to 1 but Goering eventually threw in the towel, it was far too costly to fly that channel, and German Bombers were getting butchered. I'm a colonist, but facts are still facts. there were great pilots on both sides, but England historically handed the Luftwaffe their hats in the Battle of Britain......Cheers to England.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

Look atthe P-40 pilots flying in all four corners of the globe. Shooting down anything and everything. from aces toaverage pilots. that was one tough warbird that had the firepower to back up its "I'm gonna kill you looks". dare I say it was the most underated, SUCCESSFUL fighter/bomber of WWII. Lots of 109s/ FW190s/ and Zeros found that out really fast. In a low to medium altitude high speed turing Dogfight against the P-40.. P-40 wins. Thinking of out diving a P-40? Your dead. Most axis pilots after an engagementwith aP-40 turned tail, climbed,andgot the hell outta there.if they survived round one.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow, it still lives.......obviously your not biased

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.