Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CMP F4U Corsair 50 Build Log

ORIGINAL: SHEPSTER

on the pushrod does thes black tubes need to be cut.they seem kinda long to fit.the wire rods to elevator are side by side and tight do u bend theses.seem they would rip horns off. when the rod goes into fuse how do you get each metal rods to seperate to go out slots that you cut out for elevator.ican seeon rudder but confused on elevator
    Follow post #14 on page 1
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection when there is nothing left to take away (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
    Club Saito member #814, Spitfire bro #230

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

... in the pic of elevators i ran a copper tube beside the alum. tube to hold stab. well it say to use another tube for rudder well the rear weel i guess you would say but i theres only one long copper tuber and these a short one but i dont think the short one would work.i have 2 black solid rods in pic that i dont know where they go/ didnt i use the wrong tube on stab any help on this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gd93654.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	1544809  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont seem to no. 1007 parts to where the alum. joiners fit into fuse in pic #1 and as far as copper tubes its say one those thru the rear wing and one thru fuse for rear wheel.# 2 is what i have a long and one short.and two solid rods i dont know where they go.need help so i can get this step done. above post showa the long one thru back wing but the remining tube is to short for fuse

Name:	Ca80242.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	1544948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj28358.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	1544949  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

print area in blue

Name:	Us53921.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	1544957  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How did you guys set the thrust angle in the plane. Also how do you measure it??? Not with a angle finder I hope it seems it would be hard to read such a small angle. One more thing, how do align the motor so it lines up axactly with the center of the cowl. I know these sound like and are newby questions, but for the 2 years I have been in the hobby I have never had to do these procedures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

... in the pic of elevators i ran a copper tube beside the alum. tube to hold stab. well it say to use another tube for rudder well the rear weel i guess you would say but i theres only one long copper tuber and these a short one but i dont think the short one would work.i have 2 black solid rods in pic that i dont know where they go/ didnt i use the wrong tube on stab any help on this
    Follow post #10 - short tube for stabs
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection when there is nothing left to take away (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont seem to no. 1007 parts to where the alum. joiners fit into fuse in pic #1 and as far as copper tubes its say one those thru the rear wing and one thru fuse for rear wheel.# 2 is what i have a long and one short.and two solid rods i dont know where they go.need help so i can get this step done. above post showa the long one thru back wing but the remining tube is to short for fuse
    There should be 2 ply rings that fit into the recesses in the fuse - see post #7

Long tube for tailwheel - see post #14

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TopZueg

How did you guys set the thrust angle in the plane. Also how do you measure it??? Not with a angle finder I hope it seems it would be hard to read such a small angle. One more thing, how do align the motor so it lines up axactly with the center of the cowl. I know these sound like and are newby questions, but for the 2 years I have been in the hobby I have never had to do these procedures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    There is a preset thrust angle on the firewall, and some guide lines for aligning the engine mounts - these worked OK for me with both 55 AX and 91 FS 4-stroke

To measure the thrust line is quite hard - I did it once using a old 45 rpm vinyl record instead of prop (that's the prop plane), and a string along the fuse centre line. I have seen also posts where ppl measure it using lasers!

Nick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Nick for the reply. My firewall has about a 1" hole in the center and 4 lines, striaght up and down and side to side. It appears that the vertical lines look offset a little. Is this correct for linning it up? Thanks for your advise. Monte

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My experience with CMP says yes the refrence lines you mention are accurate and yes suppose to be offset, once you set the engine to these marks it will make more sense to you because you'll be able to see it, rather then visualize it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Monte,
    Which engine do you plan to use? if its a 50-60 2-stroke or a 70 4-stroke then place it as far forward as you can on the mounts.

To dry fit the engine before drilling: First highlight the lines on the firewall using a white or silver felt pen. Attach the engine on the mounts using strong clamps and then hold the fuse nose-up and place the mount on the firewall. Align it on the guide lines, then you can eyeball the prop shaft relative to the fuse centreline to make sure all is correct.

You might have to change the mount position relative to the firewall guidelines if you plan to install the engine at a different angle than intended in the plans (e.g. inverted instead of 90 deg.)

Measure twice, cut once!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOULD THIS WORK Magnum XL52 RFS Blue 4-Stroke R/C Engine .PULL THE CORSAIR AND FIT IN IT

Name:	Ec89410.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	1546043  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a new os 61 2 stroke with a pitts muffler for it. I think it should pull it along well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does a pitts muffler required to fit better

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I guess a Magnum 52 4-stroke will pull it but not very excitingly, if you see what I mean

A fiberglass fuse is much heavier than balsa, AUW would be around 3kg

4-strokes in a radial-type cowl are usually mounted inverted (exhaust will be at 4 o'clock) or engine mounted at 8 o'clock and exhaust will be at the bottom of the cowl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went with the Lander 90 Degree Electric Retact With SL For 40 - 50 Class Plane.looking at a golden knight 80 engine.hope both will workout ok.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Please be sure to tell us how the Lander electric landing gear performs for you. A friend of mine had robart air retracts on his and they were terrible. They kept bending the mechanism that made them rotate. The landers look better to me!!!! Cheaper, easy to install, and shock absorbing. What could be better!!!!!!! Good luck with them!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I sure will it will be awhile before i can field test.we got a foot of snow.I purchased a golden knight f80 also and have yet to wait till all gets here and install.Ill let you know how the install goes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I purchased a golden knight f80
    Good choice!

Welcome to Club Saito

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was wondering about the plates that go on the struts the one with numbers display.can they go on thesr retracts.Lander 90 Degree Electric Retact With SL For 40 - 50 Class Plane. cause i think these rotate and wouldnt stay on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Use a hinge to attach the plates on the wing in front of the retract bay and wrap a wire around the strut at the other end of the plate, this way the strut will be able to rotate as it pulls the plate open

Probably too much trouble for what's it worth, you can maiden the plane and do this add-on later

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im running a FA-80 golden knight and would like to run a 3 or 4 blade prop. any suggustions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've used MAS 12x8x3 on a Kyosho FW-190 that's similar size and weight. I got 9,000 RPM with plenty of thrust and 10 min flight time using 1/2 tank only

Did I mention the realistic sound

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.Still waiting on retracts should be here in a couple days. had a question on the FA-80 Saito , I screwed the muffler arm tight and was wanting it to exit on bottom right but it stopped to where it is exiting crossway on the bottom .My question is can this be adjusted. and another problem is my throttle linkage is up against the motor mont bolt where it bolts into firewall.The linkage moves but where i need to run the wire the mount bolt is right in behind it.Stuck on these 2 things.Any help would be appreatched.

Name:	Lj22202.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	1557088  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1: move the engine forward on the mount (this will help with CG - trust me)

2: use an EZ link on the throttle lever, this should move the pushrod away from the engine mount

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast