Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

FW190 tailwheel... any interest?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

FW190 tailwheel... any interest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 01:15 PM
shindin
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FW190 tailwheel... any interest?

just wondering if there's any interest in a tailwheel assembly for different sized FW190's, with or without cylinder... could be made to slip over existing fixed gear wire, or as above.....
60-sized, 80", 90", & 100"
if you're interested, lmk.... wouldn't be too expensive.....

email shindin
Old 03-21-2002, 10:37 PM
Alleymutt
My Feedback: (1)

Default 190 gear

I am in the process of doing the tail of my Vailly 190 and I do have an interest in this tailwheel. Do you have any plans? Do you make these yourself? I do have the Robart gear but I was thinking about going with a fixed unit for weight savings and simplicity. Does your tailwheel lock up or down? Thanx...Kirk out
Old 03-22-2002, 04:39 AM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Hi Lenny How are you comming with my main gear for the FW? I would be interested in the tail wheel asm also. Thanks
Old 03-22-2002, 10:35 AM
shindin

Default FW190 gear

Hi Rich!
your mains went out yesterday, priority mail, should reach you by Monday..... email me on the tail unit....

Alleymutt.. the tailwheel shown does not lock up or down, it is as Platt has it on his plans.... these cyl's are quite strong, and there is rarely that much force on the tailwheel....i would be very surprised if there was a problem, other than loss of air pressure.... but if that's a concern, it can be done with a reverse spring return cylinder... like a "springair" type system....
i don't have Vailly's 190 drawing (i have his Hurricane plans), so i would need just the gear area sent/faxed/etc to me.... if you are interested, drop me an email

shindin
Old 03-23-2002, 04:18 AM
florida817
My Feedback: (1)

Default FW-190 Tailwheel

Hi Shindin,

I'd sure take one for a Platt FW-190. It's a good looking tailwheel - nice work!

Tom
Old 03-25-2002, 05:11 AM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fw190 tail

Shinding:
It would be interesting to see tail wheel for the 80" wing span 190 or about 1/5scale. Vailly already makes a nice set for the larger kit.
Also I like the idea of using the full size system of retraction that mounts inside the rudder. Weight would be a factor so the cilinder has to be light.
I just finished a Holman 190 and is getting ready for test flight. I built a tail wheel structure that floats on a spring and wheel fork pivots on the front part but does not retract.
Also I'm interested in the mains retracts that the picture shows, are the strut links functional?
JG
http://jg.rcplanet.com
Old 03-25-2002, 11:28 AM
shindin

Default retracts

this system is for the 80" Fw190, i have both Holmans' kits, the "A" & "D" models..... the tailwheel is actually a match to Platt's plan, (79" span), as i know his stuff is pretty scale....
weight of the tailwheel assy' without wheel or cylinder is 2.4oz, with the bimba 2.3" travel cylinder shown, is 4.3oz
the strut links are functional in that they move, but they are not what actually pulls the leg up and down.... they are cosmetic only.... also, the "bend" in the leg is as shown on the Platt plan... the Holman unit, while very simalar, doesn't have the bend....
i have tried to attach a pic of "BaldEagle's" gear, which went out on thursday, they are for the Holman FW190... if it doesn't attach, i'll post the pic as soon as i can.....

on the tailwheel assembly... the 80" model as shown at the top..

i have some Williams Bro's 2.75" smooth wheels coming, i will be making the fork to fit that wheel, although i can make it to fit any size you need....
if there is enough interest, i may make a run of them, just the unit, no wheel or air cylinder, for $50 each plus about $5 for shipping... the air cylinders cost me about $25 each with shipping and sales tax, so that's what i'd have to add for them.... i can either tap the top 10x32 and you get your own cylinder, or i can drill it & put a couple set-screws in it to slip over wire gear... your choice.... so if that sounds good, lmk, like i said, if there's enough interest, i'll do a run at that price....
lennys/shindin

wouldn't let me attach the pic, i'll do something else.....
Old 03-25-2002, 11:46 AM
shindin

Default Baldeagle's FW190 mains... Holman style...

shot this pic thursday before shipping these off to Az... lmk when they show up Rich, should be today....
Old 03-25-2002, 10:58 PM
Baldeagle
My Feedback: (7)

Hi Lenny The retracts came in today and they realy look nice. And thanks
Old 03-27-2002, 05:19 PM
dugman

I may be interested in the tail wheeel asym and the main gear. I am looking into ordering a FW190 fro NWHobby thechnologies.
Could you please give me a price for the full set.
Thanks Doug