Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:20 AM
flemsus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

I have one set of Lado's and they work perfectly, I did ruin one of them (my fault) and Doug replaced the bad part for free.
Then I ordered a new set 10-08-2009(order1224), and on the www they were in stock. I mailed him on the 12. and on the 13. he answered that they were ready to ship. Nothing for some weeks, so I got a cousin in SC to call him(I am from Denmark). So now I even have a USPS tracking number:
Shipping details
Mailing date: Oct 30, 2009
Shipper: U.S. Postal Service
[:@] But as far as I can see nothing has been shipped yet. I think he has ordered a shipping, but has shipped nothing.

I love his product, but he has gotten him self in to a web of lies.

I paid with paypal, and I wonder how many has paid but are still missing their goods.

Almost forgot, I have a pair of costum struts from Century-jet waiting on the Lado's, they were made in 3 day's. So I can not just use any retract's[]
So Doug please don't sell goods you don't have, that would make live a lot easier for all parts
Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 AM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Guys I have been following this thread for quite some time now, to be honest this thread is what introduced me to this products existence, after following for a long time I decided on a leap of faith and placed my order about three weeks later I got them in I was so impressed with them I placed two more orders over a period of 6 months and got them every time in a timely manner, the quickest was this last time in Oct ordered and delivered to my doorstep in 10 days, 7 out of 10 times that I have called I have spoken to Doug or have been able to get him on the phone,
Guys all I'm saying is all the horror stories I have read in this thread HAVE NOT BEEN EXPERIENCED HERE not even close nor did I have a problem getting my 50 dollars back as per the shipping guarantee
I'm not sticking up for someone I have never met out of emotion but rather sharing my personal experience which so happens to be a positive one at that
Old 11-06-2009, 09:36 AM
aces11

I just signed up here to post on this thread. I bought a set of Lado retracts. I ordered them online on oct. 1 of this year. On oct.2 my credit card was billed. I got a tracking # from usps. So far so good. After a week on oct.8 I call Lado to ask about my order. They say maybe usps lost them. They said they would check and mail out another set if that is the case. I remind them that they have a policy to return 50 dollars if it does not ship within one week. Doug gets on the phone and gets snippy, saying it is a working week not a calender week. I say ok whatever your policy is what it is and that is fine I just wanted to know. Thinking that the post office did lose it I called my local office. They said they had never recieved anything. I called the local post office in oroville. A nice lady named Janice said that they had sent the electronic info, but that they had never recieved any package from Lado. It took me 21/2 weeks to get my retracts. I finally got them but hey refuse tohonor the 50 dollar refund. These are just the facts as they are. I even kept all emails to and from them, but its not worth my time. I just will never do business with them again. I hear e-flite is coming out with electric retracts, and I hear they are going to get into the large scale market as well. Competition is a real good thing.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
makalani1

The long delay in shipping from Lado is because he is using the money from new orders to make and ship retracts to the customers that paid for them months ago. Most of the Lado retract is made in China with the exception of the motor mounts and CNC cases. The answer might be to have the entire retract outsourced to China so that he could concentrate on designing and shipping. His product showed promise but was plagued with quality control problems. He should have thought about taking on a partner or hiring more help. The better service would lead to more sales. WIth all the advances in the RC hobby, such as planes, radios and engines, retracts have not improved over the last 30 years. There is definitely a market for a reliable electric retract system as more and more kits and ARFs are requiring retracts.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:13 PM
bluetomcat

Big Tim
Why you having a go at us guys from over the pond? We are not trying to con you guys over there just putting money into your countrymen.

Look we see a really promising ad on this forum and look into the web site. Products are in stock and we go ahead and order. 2 months later and various emails/lies from Doug and still nothing. Do you really expect us to wait so long without voicing opinions? Do you really think this is good business?
You even said yourself that you sent several emails... we ain't got an issue with that... its just the lies he says we can't stand...
If he says he hasn't got the stock or gives us a reasonable timescale then we can cope but to send $200 plus accross the world makes you a little paranoid don't you think? It certainly does me anyway!!

Look if Doug really is ill then best wishes on him getting fit again but please don't take my earlier comments too seriously. I just want my gear, which I am entitled to that I have paid for.

regards
Christian

Ps Think this is a fantastic forum that we are lucky to be part of and should be grateful that we can all voice our opinions on here be it good or bad.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 PM
prop wash

[:-]What ever happened to "Capt Winters"??? Tom
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

Hm... maybe he went to Vegas with you-know-who....

Well.... after about 30 or more Paypal requests I sent... I still have not seen a refund....

All it takes is a simple press of a button Doug, et. al...

All I want is off this ride! [:@]
Old 11-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Capt. Winters
My Feedback: (8)

Hi Guys I'm still around, just busy with work, 4 children a wife and God only knows what ever else comes my way. I will try next week to make the drive and see what I can find out. Be interested to see how this all turns out. Capt. Winters
Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: aces11

I hear e-flite is coming out with electric retracts, and I hear they are going to get into the large scale market as well. Competition is a real good thing.
I don't have a dog in this fight.

But yep, E-Flite has electric retracts now in the .15 size and have hinted in their online interviews that "bigger things are coming" so that probably means .60 class electric retracts.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLG110
Old 11-07-2009, 12:17 AM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bluetomcat

Big Tim
Why you having a go at us guys from over the pond? We are not trying to con you guys over there just putting money into your countrymen.

Look we see a really promising ad on this forum and look into the web site. Products are in stock and we go ahead and order. 2 months later and various emails/lies from Doug and still nothing. Do you really expect us to wait so long without voicing opinions? Do you really think this is good business?
You even said yourself that you sent several emails... we ain't got an issue with that... its just the lies he says we can't stand...
If he says he hasn't got the stock or gives us a reasonable timescale then we can cope but to send $200 plus accross the world makes you a little paranoid don't you think? It certainly does me anyway!!

Look if Doug really is ill then best wishes on him getting fit again but please don't take my earlier comments too seriously. I just want my gear, which I am entitled to that I have paid for.

regards
Christian

Ps Think this is a fantastic forum that we are lucky to be part of and should be grateful that we can all voice our opinions on here be it good or bad.

blue,

I don't think bigtim is trying to bag on our friends across the pond. Just pointing out that bad business is bad business no matter where its done. I'm sure that if he had personal knowledge, of say an issue with a seller from (insert wherever you like here) he would have used it too.
Have a cold one and understand that we all(that means you, me, and bigtim too) are to be taken advantage by those who are out to do so. Now I'm NOT saying that this is the situation with LADO, but then again time will tell. I can tell you this much...I live close to Oroville, I personally do not know Doug, but the local hobby shop owner(of 26 years)speaks kindly of him....now this does not say anything of him as a businessman, but for what its worth, thats what I know of the man. I hold the owner of my local hobbyshop in quite high esteem....(she) is quite kind, fair, and honest. I personally believe that Doug just was'nt quite ready for the flood of orders that he took on. The hobby has been waiting for along time for something new in the retract department, and lots of people jumped in head first. I would have been one too, but at the time I was moving and did'nt have the time to even think of building.
Good people find themselves in bad situations all of the time, and not always due to bad intentions.

now dont get me wrong, I'm not defending Doug or his business, I would love a pair or two or three.....make that four myself. But until he can get his business under control...I'll wait and use what is out there for now.

Casey
Old 11-07-2009, 01:09 AM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

Even a post on Lado's home page just saying " We are swamped with orders and expect delivery delays. We apologize for the delays and will ship ASAP. Please contact us if your reqire a refund. " That would calm some people down. I don't mind the wait. It's the lack of communication that bugs me.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:22 AM
flemsus

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

Even a post on Lado's home page just saying '' We are swamped with orders and expect delivery delays. We apologize for the delays and will ship ASAP. Please contact us if your reqire a refund. '' That would calm some people down. I don't mind the wait. It's the lack of communication that bugs me.
Thats what I am missing too.
And I would have waited with my ordering if they were not in stock on the www. but no refund to me, I would rather wait on the retract's. But the uncertainty is getting bigger all the time. []
Old 11-07-2009, 09:36 PM
glazier808

I do agree that the lack of communication is where things go wrong. That is bad business, no matter where you're from.

Casey
Old 11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

I'm getting close to the 45 day paypal claim date! If i dont get my product by that date I will request a refund. if they ship after that date but before I recieve a refund I will cancel the claim. I don't know what else I should do. I'm out $220 but have nothing to show for it. When I placed my order it said IN STOCK and with the 7 day shipping guarantee I expected my retracts by now. My order was placed 4 weeks ago. 2-3 weeks before Doug got sick. So I wish Lado would be honest and up front. Is that too much to ask as customers?

Lado, Why do you leave customers out in the dark?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM
TOMAPOWA

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

I'm getting close to the 45 day paypal claim date! If i dont get my product by that date I will request a refund. if they ship after that date but before I recieve a refund I will cancel the claim. I don't know what else I should do. I'm out $220 but have nothing to show for it. When I placed my order it said IN STOCK and with the 7 day shipping guarantee I expected my retracts by now. My order was placed 4 weeks ago. 2-3 weeks before Doug got sick. So I wish Lado would be honest and up front. Is that too much to ask as customers?

Lado, Why do you leave customers out in the dark?
yukonpete,
Don't do what I did.... FILE A CLAIM NOW! and be sure to escalate it to a claim! Back in May 09 when I did not hear back from Doug for weeks after payment, I filed a Paypal dispute, and got scolded by Doug for doing so (tough crackers!... you should learn some customer relationship skills). I was promised that my retracts (actuators actually) would go out in the mail the next week so like AN IDIOT... I let the dispute time out and am now not able to do anything with Paypal! DON'T FALL INTO THIS TRAP LIKE I DID! I did this back in May... seems like my only other method of refund is to obtain it via legal means.

FILE A PAYPAL DISPUTE, ESCALATE TO A CLAIM! If he still has money in his paypal account (which I quess he probably does not, since he has not yet returned my $187), they will reverse the charge eventually.

EVERYONE WHO RECENTLY SENT THIS SCAMMER MONEY SHOULD BE FILING A CLAIM OF SOME SORT..... DON'T WAIT!
I'd hate to be the one to tell you all "Told you so!"
Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
makalani1

While holding on the phone with a police dispatcher from Oroville, she ran the Oro Dam Blvd address that I had for Lado. She said it was a UPS mail store "Mail drop."
Old 11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Larry3215

Thats not an unusual business practice and is no reason in itself to worry. Many industrial/manufacturing and even retail businesses do the same thing. The last two places I worked we had a physical address and a seperate mailing address which was actually a box at the post office or one of these mail drop locations.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
lado-tech

Hello Guys,

I am sorry I have been un-available like this. I got really ill and was in the hospital, I am just recovering. Being we are a small three person company that I run when I was out ill all hell broke loss. I am sorry for that but there was nothing I could do about it.

I will be in most of tomorrow, my first real day back. I will be spending the entire day getting back to guys about their orders and questions. Please email me at [email protected] with your concerns.

We will get all orders filled and resolved. I have stopped taking orders completely until we get all these pending orders resolved.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO Tech
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
TOMAPOWA

WELL.... LOW & BEHOLD... DOUG FINALLY CAME THROUGH WITH MY REFUND!

Yippee!

The event was like burying your money, forgetting where you buried it but eventually (through true dilligence and... um... griping!), you eventually locate it and dig it back up!

Good luck everyone!

Oh... and if it means anything... Lado's latest address is (as shown on Paypal payment):

Lado Technologies
68 Hercules Ave
Oroville, CA 95966
United States
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
lado-tech

TOMAPOWA

Glad you got the refund okay. Thanks for trying to help guys out with the address, but that address is like 5 years old. THe new address is on our about page on our web site.

1900-12 Oro Dam Blvd, #324
Oroville, CA 95966

This is a mail drop location, that accept our mail and all shippments. UPS, Fedex everthing.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO
Old 11-09-2009, 09:37 PM
rcyogi

Dough,

Goood to hear you are doing well now. Hope I can get my retracts, receiver, battery, switch, and Y harnes back soon.
My plane, and I are waiting!

Cheers,

Pisandro Moncion
Old 11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
JezP51

Hi Doug,

Welcome back. Sorry to hear that you have been ill and I wish you a swift recovery.

Some questions:

On three occasions - after huge difficulting in obtaining a response from you - you claimed that you were about to post my retracts. You never did, so WHYDIDYOULIE?

I asked you on six separate occasions about the $50.00 refund for late shipping. You ignored this question completely. WHY?

If there are three people in your company then WHY WERE THE OTHER TWO NOT ASKED TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMER ISSUES WHEN YOU WERE ILL?

WHYARETHERE28 PAGESOFCOMPLAINTSABOUTYOU?

Anybody with half a brain appreciates that your business inefficiency is not related to your recent bout of illness but is more seriously rooted than that. I would, however,be fascinated to receive answers that I - and the many other folk that you have messed around and upset - can all read.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 AM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lighten up Jez
Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
glazier808

lets give the man a chance to do his business guys...thats all you can really do eh?

it's a start.

Casey
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Larry3215

Seems to me Jez has good reason to be upset and no reason to lighten up.

He has been lied to every time he has contacted Doug so why should he "lighten up"?

People will tolerate delays, they will tolerate screw ups, they will tolerate acts of God, they will even tolerate incompetence and stupidity - to one degree or another.

They will not tolerate being lied to. Especially if it repeated over and over again.

Are you listening Doug?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.