Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

I ordered my trike retro fit set on October 3, 2008 and paid thru Pay Pal. Latest response I got from Doug was on March 3, 2009, "I am just finishing those now, they will be shipping later this week. Thanks for your patients, I know you have waited a long time.

Thanks,
Doug"

Still don't have them and cannot get through either. Like you, I'm excited about the good things said by people who've gotten a (or several) sets but am disappointed I can't get mine. Especially as I'm considering a set of 60-2's. Folks seem to be getting those. Maybe I should order them and finish that build. May by then the first set will come through.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:56 PM
tblackstone
My Feedback: (1)

Wow, you waited since October!

Guess I'm jumping the gun. What did you do to get an answer from Doug, e-mail him on an hourly basis?
Old 04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
jbdismukes

Not quite. It just seems that every now and then, I catch him in a "responsive" mood and get a reply. I left a land-line messsage right after I posted the above, but don't know when, or if, I'll hear from that. All mention I have seen of the products have been VERY positive, but many also relate similar tales of long waits. I understand his problems trying to keep up with demand, but I wonder about his priorities.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
jlovitt
My Feedback: (41)

I know many of the folks on this thread are looking for the all in one retract units for the various arf warbirds. I have a set of the original 1/5 scale actuators and the controller that fit the Robart 622 series retract. They may fit others as well. I have used them and they work as advertised.

If you are interested in purchasing them, please email me.

[email protected]
Old 04-21-2009, 04:00 PM
jbdismukes

Afraid those won't work for me, but thanks for the offer.

Jack
Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 PM
RBean

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jbdismukes:

I ordered 60-2 retracts on Feb. 8, 2009. Have not heard a thing except he got my money. Gave up and got a set of Century Jet gear for that plane. I a couple of weeks I might be aquiring another plane that I will use the lados on if they ever arrive. By then it will be three months.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Unsure what the problem is with the folks manufacturing these.

I never received responses to inquiries so moved on. They seem to ship hit and miss with no concern for filling orders in sequence and responses to questions seem sporadic as well, if at all.

Not bashing here. Posted reports indicate the retracts are very good quality but the business responsibilities are not.

Some folks are great at making things but poor at making a business out of it.

Personally I am no longer interested in their products.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 AM
tblackstone

Well, I came home last night, and had a voice mail on my machine from Lado-Tech. No news. No status. Just a polite "please call us back" message.

At least we know now someone is there.

Leaving my 7th voicemail message to them this morning.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:40 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, I'm just going to throw my .04 cents in, here! I hope the case with with Lado-Tech, is that he's just swamped and a "one-man show." The problem with production and dealing with suppliers, if one piece of the supply chain breaks, then you're further behind. Seeing that Lado-Tech can't keep up with demand, then the hole keeps getting deeper.

Having talked to Doug, as I need a set of the 90 degree retracts, he said to call him back in a month! The problem with all of us calling him, is that is more time away from production. I would hope he would just up date the web-page on a regular basis. I'm not going to place and order, until I talk to him and he tells me they're in-stock ready to ship.

I think Lado-Tech has a unique product that serves a lot of the 60-120 size planes needing retracts/ARF's with a easy alternative to pneumatic retracts.

Okay, enough said!

Come on Lado-Tech! I'm sticking up for you!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
mike early

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some bona-fide horror stories, these.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
tblackstone

I received another voicemail message from Lenia, at Lado Technologies. My order is still several weeks away from completion. Lenia apologized for the delay in her response to my inquiries, and they are attempting to return calls now. She also stated they appreciated our patience in the matter.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:27 PM
jbdismukes

At least you heard from them. I'm still waiting.

Jack
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Dick T.

ORIGINAL: jbdismukes

At least you heard from them. I'm still waiting.

Jack
That is exactly my previous point...inconsistent.

Undoubtedly sincere people producing a good product, just not good at the business end.

People can wait it out if they choose, however I would extract my payment after 30-45 days. They might as well learn one unplesant part of business, i.e., refund demands.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 AM
lightning 759

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi
must admit i was a bit unsure about ordering some after reading this thread but mine arrived yesterday.
super looking pieces of kit . will be ordering again at some point in time.
great product & time from ordering to reciveing has been good

Andy
Old 04-23-2009, 01:57 AM
ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: lightning 759

hi
must admit i was a bit unsure about ordering some after reading this thread but mine arrived yesterday.

Andy
How much time went by exactly from time of ordering to reciveing , I'm a little gun shy myself about ordering a set maybe ...... you can help me decide
Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i'm a (very) small business owner and i am very good at what i do. what i do and running the business are 2 totally different things. it is difficult to combine the 2 jobs successfully. obviously, there is a problem along these lines here.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Dick T.

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: lightning 759

hi

Andy
How much time went by exactly from time of ordering to reciveing , I'm a little gun shy myself about ordering a set maybe ...... you can help me decide
Not sure knowing that will be much help. Throughout this thread some have received orders placed long after others who are still waiting.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
ampeater

I'm about a week shy of six months since I ordered. I expected to have to wait a couple months, so ordered ahead of time. Now I'm at a stand still with my build. They've gone in and out of stock at least twice since I ordered. Traded emails with Doug a month or so ago, but no response after I asked for a delivery timeframe. My order status still says "Order Received".

Been trying not to bug him with calls or emails and let him get caught up, but I'm getting a BIT anxious. Sounds like a bunch of orders have been made and filled since I paid for mine.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Larry3215

Those of you who are having trouble getting your orders are not alone. Check out this thread still going from more than a year ago with the same horror stories.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74..._1/key_/tm.htm

I too was willing to wait for my order. If I knew ahead that they would take 2 months that would be fine.

Two things that finally pissed me off tottaly were:

1)The repeated lies and broken promises. No less than 7 different times Doug told me on the phone and in e-mails "Your order is complete and they will ship "later this week", "by next Tuesday" or "no later than Monday" and at least twice I was told they "have been shipped". There were at least seven different excuses he used too. We've been sick. My supplier dropped the ball. Some parts took longer than expected. The anodizer screwed up. Had to buy a new lathe. Need new equipment....blah, blah.

2)He started filling orders that had been placed well AFTER I placed my order. The final straw that broke this camels back was when one of his excuses for missing another one of my ship dates was that "He was too busy filling NEW orders to get my old order out the door".

I finally did get mine and yes, the retracts really are great - but Doug cannot be trusted. His word is meaningless.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
ZERO-322

Ok so I am gratefull for rcu........ for this website gives us the insight in many aspects of our hobby , one of which is (expectations) , from products , vendors , services etc THE REAL SCOOP if you will , with that said I ordered two sets of retracts from Doug and despite what is listed on the website and aside from what I was told I don't and didn't expect them to be in anytime soon , due to this thread and another similar previous one I ordered the two sets for planes I won't be done with and probably won't even finish in the next 6 months or so , I knew this going in , because of all of you , however what I am a little puzzled with is allot of people on here have expressed furstration for having waited a very long time , why not ask for a refund ? some did but most didn't and haven't why ? is the product that good ? is it worth all of the furstration you have ? I understand being upset but to those that have not gotten there order ask for your money back and be done with it , otherwise sit and wait and take your lumps because you chose to wait and make yourself upset , it is you that is doing it to you , because you do have options
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've two sets now flying and I ordered a third, knowing it may take a while to get them. These are well worth the wait and the man always has come through for me. I've ordered and paid for a set of 90 deg, rotating retracts for a F6F project...It may take 6 months to get the gear...I pray sooner, but I'll be happy when ever they arrive. To me...these are a work of art and like Solo Props...happy that I managed to get the product at all.

They are simple to install, work flawlessly and work every time.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Larry3215

Im quite certain the reason many folks dont cancel orders is probably the same as mine.

First, I really wanted these. All reports say they are great and they are.

But more importantly, when you first place the order and actually get to talk to Doug, before he stops responding, he comes across as one of the most honest, trustworthy, decent guys you ever spoke to in your life. You talk to him for 1 minute on the phone and you feel like he is your long lost brother. You just know you can trust him absolutely.

Secondly, why would you cancel an order that is already complete and "going to ship tomorrow" - or that has "just been shipped".

That was my situation. I would get mad, call Doug and he would calm me down and reassure me all was well and my order was going out ASAP.

Then Id wait................... rinse and repeat.

Plus there are all the guys on here, like you, asking those of us who are getting screwed over to "give the guy a break". "He's just a small start-up business" "Have some patience".

Those of us who have been screwed over did all that and more. Some much more. No one here that has complained so far has been in any way even remotely unfair to Doug. If anything we have all gone far out of our way to cut him tons of slack - even after being repeatedly lied too.

Remember, this isnt about late shipping orders for most of us. That part is certainly annoying but its not why most of us are so angry.

Its about being lied to - over and over and over again.

But - if you dont mind that little problem - then go for it.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 AM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke to Doug, and I have learned from experience many times with smaller vendors, to call, ask if a item is in stock, when it will be shipped and then decide to pay. I too want these retracts as they seem to a great alternative to mechanical and the pneumatics, just plug and go. Don't give a vendor your money until they verbally tell you they are in stock. I know some of you have been told that the retracts were done and ready to be shipped, I hope that this was an error in communication and nothing else, but hopefully Lado-Tech will deliver in the end. People don't give out your credit card numbers for items that aren't in stock!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:31 AM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: Larry3215

Those of us who have been screwed over did all that and more. Some much more. No one here that has complained so far has been in any way even remotely unfair to Doug. If anything we have all gone far out of our way to cut him tons of slack - even after being repeatedly lied too.

Remember, this isnt about late shipping orders for most of us. That part is certainly annoying but its not why most of us are so angry.

Its about being lied to - over and over and over again.

But - if you dont mind that little problem - then go for it.
Amen brother! That's exactly the issue. Well said.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Larry3215

ORIGINAL: mimoore67

I spoke to Doug, and I have learned from experience many times with smaller vendors, to call, ask if a item is in stock, when it will be shipped and then decide to pay. I too want these retracts as they seem to a great alternative to mechanical and the pneumatics, just plug and go. Don't give a vendor your money until they verbally tell you they are in stock. I know some of you have been told that the retracts were done and ready to be shipped, I hope that this was an error in communication and nothing else, but hopefully Lado-Tech will deliver in the end. People don't give out your credit card numbers for items that aren't in stock!
You need to re-read my earlier posts and those of the other upset guys.

Most all of us DID speak to Doug before ordering. I placed my order by phone. PRIOR to giving him my credit card - I was assured they would ship "later this week".

We were ALL lied to - to our faces or by e-mail over and over and over and over again.

In my case - seven times in a row.

Other guys for over a year.

I told you above and others have said the same thing - when you talk to Doug on the phone you just know he is trust worthy. Thats the way he comes across.

Dont believe it.

This is not a simple mis communication.

Its a habit. Its his standard business practice. Its how he operates.

Doug lies to his customers.

Period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.