Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:00 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Good post Dennis , I dont see i as negitive , your standing up for facts that you know about your business , good for you !!!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:42 AM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow,such hate in this thread.Tom
No, no hate there, but if you are going to attack someone or make claims, especially us, make sure you have your facts ready. If he is has this inside knowledge and is going to make allegations, then lets hear what he knows, backed up with facts. After 722 posts here this guy decides to to compare others with what is going on with LADO - and that isn't going to work with us. There isn't any of those "companies" mentioned that are in this hobby on par with what we do.

The perception of hate or anger comes from the fact that people like to make statements and claims when they are anonymous using a "user name" - statements they wouldn't make in person or using their own name. When they get called on it, they don't enjoy that as much, because they thought they would slip one under and the victim of their statements won't find out about them.

Dennis
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well said Dennis!

Casey
Old 11-12-2009, 10:51 AM
LDM

To the guys that are attacking all the members who have not received shippment but have paid ect . I was just wondering if the tables were turned what would happen ?
Let me explane
1) I received the retracts became ill , could not finish the payment transaction , no communication for weeks -what would happen ?
2) my company went thru a reorganization , I received the retracts but need about 2 months to get the funds before I pay ???
My point is none of you would have been given credit or did any of you receive retracts on your good word lol , I dont think so , if so please write a book on how to get something for nothing
These guys on RCU paid and paid in full , I just wonder if the same time , credit and trust would have been shown in the opposite direction to I will ship you , just pay me when you can , I know it may be 1 months or possibly 6 , its ok !!!!
See like I said , stop making it personal , its a business , its that simple , good business at times is never personal , loyality comes in play from good servace but it has to work both ways
Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 AM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

once again...well said!

Casey
Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just received my Lado Rotators. The look cool and bench test fine. One question, does any one know if there are any issues with using a 5 cell flight pack?

Regards,

Dave
Old 11-12-2009, 06:55 PM
WECoyote
My Feedback: (32)

Hi Dave. What was your order number and/or when did you place the order?

Thanks

Mike

NM...I came across your earlier post where you mentioned ordering them back on 10/7/09.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: LDM

To the guys that are attacking all the members who have not received shippment but have paid ect . I was just wondering if the tables were turned what would happen ?
Let me explane
1) I received the retracts became ill , could not finish the payment transaction , no communication for weeks -what would happen ?
2) my company went thru a reorganization , I received the retracts but need about 2 months to get the funds before I pay ???
My point is none of you would have been given credit or did any of you receive retracts on your good word lol , I dont think so , if so please write a book on how to get something for nothing
These guys on RCU paid and paid in full , I just wonder if the same time , credit and trust would have been shown in the opposite direction to I will ship you , just pay me when you can , I know it may be 1 months or possibly 6 , its ok !!!!
See like I said , stop making it personal , its a business , its that simple , good business at times is never personal , loyality comes in play from good servace but it has to work both ways
Your logic is falling on deaf ears and blind eyes. Some of Lado's customers here have already been burned, they just don't know it yet.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Hell of a way to do business, that's for sure. I am impressed that some of you actually got Doug to call you back...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: c550

Just received my Lado Rotators. The look cool and bench test fine. One question, does any one know if there are any issues with using a 5 cell flight pack?

Regards,

Dave
Nope, no problems using a 5-cell pack. That's what I use and they work just fine.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
makalani1

Doug has not returned my phone calls or emails. Its business as usual for him. I sent my rotating retract in 3 months ago with a loose wire. He did get it as I had confirmation.
He had enough time to at least send me an email, still nothing. Some of you are happy that you got your retracts after 3 or more months. What happens when they break? Don't worry, they will break. What kind of service will you get? I'm hoping mastercard will be able to refund my money. Per the investigator, there is no time limit if fraud is involved.

Does anyone else know what retract set would work best in a H-9 P-40? Anything but Lado.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:20 PM
flemsus

I got mail from Doug earlier to day, I used the address from post 589 when I wrote him.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:27 PM
LDM

"anyone else know what retract set would work best in a H-9 P-40? Anything but Lado"
You have a few choices , the best of the best are Sierra I have them and there great
I also have the Century Jet gear , there not as nice as the sierra but they work well for me . YOU can reach Charlies or Bruce at CJ at any time and they are very very good at repairs on there gear .
Robart makes the 615 , but I dont like them, , they do work but the scissors seem to bend ect after some normal use .

I am trying to post Video from my cell phone of my CJ gear in my VQ P40 , the problem is the file is to big to send from my phone . The Robart actualator when set correctly gives incredible scale retraction and I have to say "mine are set just right . I have been very fortunite to have great luck with air powered retracts
Old 11-14-2009, 10:53 PM
rcyogi

Did anybody else got retracts? email? call back?

Pisandro
Old 11-15-2009, 12:15 AM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

Nope. Lado is a complete JOKE! Doug is a JOKE! They don't have any idea what customer service is! Thats why they have a 30 page thred on how bad service is! Good luck when you need to get your retracts repaired!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I received my 90 retracts from Doug, and they work perfectly for me so far. They are going into a F6F Heritage kit I have, powered with a K&B .61 Twister. I knew from the beginning it was going to take time to get them, and it was worth the wait. All of Dougs retracts work great for me and I own three sets of them. I'm ordering a new set for my T.F. P-47 and I will stay with Lado retracts. I've never had a failure with Lado retracts and I've always received a good response from Doug.

In my opinion...If I was going to buy a set of Pneumatic retracts, I would go with Sierra. Hands down one of the best out there and I highly recommend them. I have had issues with Century Jets T.F. P-51 retracts and ended up pulling them out of a flying model. Its the only set I've had of C.J. retracts, that I have played with, and I was not impressed at all...about the same as look and feel as the Pnueumatic retracts KMP sells. Sierra retracts are well worth the extra expense and the folks at Sierra are sweet hearts. Robarts have worked well for me, accept their rotating .60 size retracts and these were more trouble then they are worth. Robart struts work very nicely too and I've used them for years and still use them.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 11-15-2009, 12:47 AM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

I just filed a complaint with the better business bureau http://necal.bbb.org/

Lado don't reply to my emails or calls! It's sad and discracfull on their part!
Old 11-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Larry3215
My Feedback: (2)

Hey guys - I know this isnt the right place, but Im going to take advantage of having your attention while I can and hope you will forgive me in advance.

This wonderful economy of ours forced the business I worked for to close its doors a while back. Im to the point of needing to sell off some RC gear in order to keep a few of my favorites flyable.

I have a LADO 3 gear set of 60-1 narrow, 85 deg retracts. One of them has been modded for nose steering. If anyone is interested, PM me for details.

I ship next day, guaranteed in stock

I wont put them up on all the other boards until tomorrow.

Thanks.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=573780
Old 11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
BobH

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The better business bureau is just one avenue to use. I would contact the State Attorney Generals office. That's a State Government office that operates with the full weight of State Law. It's much more effective than the BBB.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Dick T.

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

I just filed a complaint with the better business bureau http://necal.bbb.org/

Lado don't reply to my emails or calls! It's sad and discracfull on their part!
Don't count too much on the BBB to do anything. In some areas of California they are a joke to by dragging out the process for months. They won't post your complaint until the process is complete. The merchant can keep extending the process by promising to take care of it. It can go on endlessly. If the business does finally resolve your dispute, which is good for you, the original complaint is never posted in BBB records so their history remains clear to screw the next person. If you give up, BBB closes the complaint and no one ever knows about it. They are definately more business friendy than consumer friendly.

You will get far better and quicker results filing with your credit card company, PayPal or Postal Money Order.

The folks at Lado need wake up calls from institutions that can affect their operation. Otherwise they will continue thumbing their nose at some and catering to others all on your money.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 PM
makalani1

I did get an email from Doug saying he was sorry for the delay. He said things were messed up from their move and his hospital stay.(I'm glad his dog did'nt eat his homework)
He ended by saying he will get to repairs when he can as he is busy. Well this email tells me nothing. His "Willy Nilly" business plan needs to change and change fast if he wants to stay in busness. If you buy his product, then can't get repairs for months at a time, sales will suffer along with the customers.
Doug.......In Hawaii we say "Pono". That means do what is right!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
GhostRider32

I've watched this thread with interest. I really want to build a couple of Top Flite .60 size warbirds and use Lado's but am holding off until I see what happens here. I have no desire to use air retracts and really hope that Lado gets their stuff in order so I can use them but won't even think about sending them money until they get straight with their business.

Whether Doug was in the hospital or not, he knows that people were activitely buying his product. If he can't personally answer emails then someone else has too. It is to my understanding that they were a 3 man operation. Was all 3 in the hospital? Hiring a college student for 4 hours a day 2 or 3 days a week to answer emails would have been at the very least a good gesture to let people know he was serious about being a good businessman. It is simple unacceptable to take people's money and then fall of the face of the earth..........

Fortunately, Lado is not the only kid on the block. There are other now making these style retracts and IMHO, people will have a choice very soon on where to buy. If Lado goes belly up, it won't be because people didn't want him to succeed. A business simply cannot operate in this fashion and maintain a good name or stay viable for long.

I hope Doug is ok and Lado gets their business right and hope everyone who has ordered either gets their order or money back soon.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Prop_Wash

Ghostrider32, who else is going to make this type of retract?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Dick T.

ORIGINAL: Prop_Wash

Ghostrider32, who else is going to make this type of retract?
Here is a start. According to Horizon more sizes will follow.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLG100

There are other electric retracts being made in China (where else?) that pop up on ebay occasionally. Only a matter of time that bigger vendors like Horizon and Hobbico begin importing them.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Larry3215

Look back a page or two for a link to another thread on here. A new outfit from Germany - GZ - is making some very nice looking units almost identical to LADO's.

http://www.gz-retracts.com/index.php

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.