Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Larry, i just jumped into this forum. can you tell me if lado is still in business. Doug told me back in october that he would ship me a replacement gear one of mine went bad. anyhow no gear yet and no one answers the phone or my e-mail. him and Leanna both had the flu recently. are they back thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Larry3215

Of, course, if you loose signal Im not sure how much good it will do to have the gear down. If the gear stay up at least they might be more likely to survive the coming crash
    True Larry... I was more or less thinking of what would happen is only the channel you had the retracts plugged into crapped out or an extension leading to the elec retracts became partially disconnected inflight.

Another thing to be concerned about is if when after landing, you accidently turn off your Tx before your Rx.... what would happen? If I was to turn off my Tx before my Rx on a few of my planes/systems, that would trigger the retracts momentarily... dropping the model to the ground abruptly.... Setting up fail-safe positions (retracts down) on these using my Spektrum system (or other comparable systems) could solve this issue I guess. These ideas though could certainly be incorporated into the retract driving circuitry given enough thought.

And yet... another good feature would be to incorporate a over-current condition such as if something got stuck (or broken) in the retract mechanism... sensing this condition (motor stalled) should automatically reverse it's operation.... not just stop the motor.

See... are not these type of discussions better than picking on someone?
    TOMAPOWA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First in my opinion Giezendanner's are way behind Lado's, and yes I have both. I think the Giezendanner was designed in the 80's

I got mail from Doug 6 day's ago, he said he needed about 2 weeks to get my order in the mail (60-6 Electric Retract 85'(Wide) PAIR) So maybe in one week I can tell if anything happens. I used the address in post 589 to get in contact with him, the normal address and phone did not work so well. I ordered on 8th of october.
    Flemming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

ORIGINAL: Dan M
    . so far i have yet to see ONE SINGLE example of a person who was unable to get a refund or retracts within one month of posting here .

my 2 cents

Dan
    Well I'm going on 6 weeks with no refund or retracts. And no communication at all from Lado. I've called twice in the last few days and sent about 5 emails! So pull your head out of your *****

sorry your having trouble getting your retracts from Lado .

don't really know why you felt like you had to tell me to pull my head out of my ass though , pretty rude eh ?

but then if i was in freezing , crappy , French infested Canada , waiting for retracts to put on a plane i cant fly till it thaws out in march anyway , i would probably be an insufferable little plick too

regards

Dan

Be it an ARF , an RTF , or a Kit that took 2000 hours to complete , if you don\'\'t FLY it , what Good is it ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Larry3215

Ive been trying to stay out of this - I sold my LADOS, thanks!

BUT - you guys defending Doug so hard are not thinking your comments through very well and you are doing him no favors. In fact I think your largely the cause of many of the strong negative comments and a lot of the up-set.

First of all, since when does some one have to OWN a product to have an opinion about it or about how a business is run? Since when do you have to OWN a product to talk about it? I believe this is an OPEN forum. Free for all to comment on any post by anyone.

Really now thats a silly thing to say. This board and ALL the boards I belong to are full of comments and opinions posted by people who dont own the product being discussed. Look at ANY build thread or ANY complaint thread or pretty much ANY thread period.

Dick has every right to express his opinions and you have no right to try to shut him up.

Then there is Dan M's comment:

so far i have yet to see ONE SINGLE example of a person who was unable to get a refund or retracts within one month of posting here
    How the heck do you figure thats doing Doug any favors? How does that make Doug look good in any way? So the only way to get service or a refund from Doug is to post negative comments in an online forum??????

You have got to be kidding me! How in the world do you see that as making Doug look good?

What about all the guys who DONT post on RCU? It's ok for Doug to screw them over?

The only thing you both are accomplishing is to show that you're both desperate to shut up the people with complaints and negative comments.

I understand your desire to defend Doug, but your not making good choices.

All you're doing is making angry people even more angry which is going to do nothing but cause even more bad press for Doug and even more angry responces.

I dont own any LADOs any more and have given up all hope of ever ordering any from him at any time in the future.

But you guys defending him are still able to make my blood boil and cause me to respond with posts like this one.

If you want to help Doug, Id suggest you STOP attacking the people he has screwed over and the people who just happen to have an opinion and want to express it - as is their right.
    who says anyone is trying to "help" Doug or Lado ?

i am just tired of Douchebags piling on this thread when they shouldn't .. hell it's gotten to the point that one asshat ordered retracts on a Friday afternoon and by Monday morning was here posting that he had been ripped off and that he couldn't get a hold of anyone , blah blah blah ..... it's a lynch mob mentality , and i am sick of it !

enough said

Dan

Be it an ARF , an RTF , or a Kit that took 2000 hours to complete , if you don\'\'t FLY it , what Good is it ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

enough said

Dan

Thank you.
    Flemming

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flemsus

enough said

Dan

Thank you.
    Seconded.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

enough said

Dan

Thank you Danny !!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all

Just wondering where we are at with regards to timescales on orders?
    I ordered mine 12th September with no communications since. I can nolonger claim a dispute with Paypal. has anyone had their orders come through yet?
    If yes what timescales did you get? I am not talking last year or so just wondering for recent orders?
    My order number is 1160 and am still waiting. I send Doug 1 email every day to all 3 of his email adds and still no response. I know he has been unwell but still he has been sitting on my cash for too long!!
    I fear waiting 5 months or so like others in this post have with no guarantees.

christian

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, the way this is going is going to be a while! He has my 2 sets of retracts, and other items for repairs for almost 2 months now,
    no answer to my emails, phone calls[]. At this point I just going to keep waiting, ans so is the planes I have with no gear.............
    Is a really shame, I really want this guy to come through with his business. I hope he is really busy making, and fixing retracts.....

Pisandro
    I will fly until they pry the transmitter from my cold dead hands!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TOMAPOWA

I happen to believe that statements made about a business or product with which someone has had no direct experience are less credible than the OPINIONS expressed by those of us who've at least paid their dues.
    ''Paid their dues'' ???
    Are you really saying that you have to order from someone, get burned & angry... in order to be credible? OMG[&:]
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not that hard to understand. I'm sure you've heard the well worn advertising slogan "Ask the man who owns one." It's not an alien concept... unless you live under a rock.

That's like saying that you won't break a leg jumping off your roof.... so to be ''credible'', you jump off only to learn that you broke your leg (or more). Does this really makes sense?.... I didn't think so.

Some things are glaringly obvious.... no need to ''experience'' something when it is really unneccesary.
    There is no arguing with logic like that No need to confuse people with something like FACTS when OPINIONS are so much more fun.

And on top of that, here you are bad-mouthing another Co. (Dick's) when in fact you never ''experienced'' a sale from him..... touche
    I didn't say a single bad thing about Dick's company. I simply said that I personally would not do business with him. You and everyone else are free to make your own choices, same as I.

You know, I own a very small R/C gadget company too... I manufacture my own PCBs, solder every project and test/package/mail every package... all on my own. There are some weeks I have no time to build anything. The way I operate is if you see something ''In-Stock'' on my store.... it is in fact IN-STOCK..... ready to ship. If I don't have a product ready to sell, I do not list it as in-stock on my store.... pretty simple eh?
    Nope, didn't know that. Good for you, but I fail to see how it's germaine to the topic on this thread.
    ...and then the unthinkable happened!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bluetomcat

Hi all

Just wondering where we are at with regards to timescales on orders?
    I ordered mine 12th September with no communications since. I can nolonger claim a dispute with Paypal. has anyone had their orders come through yet?
    If yes what timescales did you get? I am not talking last year or so just wondering for recent orders?
    My order number is 1160 and am still waiting. I send Doug 1 email every day to all 3 of his email adds and still no response. I know he has been unwell but still he has been sitting on my cash for too long!!
    I fear waiting 5 months or so like others in this post have with no guarantees.

christian
    I waited exactly 5 months and 5 days for my first set. Just under four weeks for my second set.
    ...and then the unthinkable happened!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ordered one set of 60-1 retracts on 10/18/2009. Order ID 1248

At the time of placing my order these were shown to be in stock! Checked Lado's website again on 10/21 and they were still showing to be in stock.

Sent an e-mail on 11/3 asking for a status update on my order. It went (and still is) unanswered.

Found out about this thread regarding Lado..........oh $h!t! Check Lado website and now the 60-1 retracts are shown out of stock...as well as everything else.

Called Lado a number of times (during their (Pacific Time) normal business hours) since 11/3 but only get an answering machine.

Was hoping that Doug and crew would pull thru after being sick and at the VERY LEAST give some update info on my order. Nothing.....

E-mailed Lado using all 3 addresses given earlier in this thread on the morning of 11/17/2009 requesting my order to be cancelled and money refunded.

Decided that I shouldn't wait any longer hoping for a reply or confirmation from Lado.......what's the point given their history.......
    Filed PayPal dispute just a few minutes ago........ will escalate to a claim within 48 hours of not getting refund....or product(yeah.........right!)

I'm really disappointed in Lado Technologies as it seems those who have their items are for the most part happy with them.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a set of century jet retracts and had some problems with them .I was able to reach the owner of the company by phone with no problems ,sent them in for repair and they arrived back when he said they would. After reading this thread I would never order a set of lados. The guy has con artist written all over him. I've known other people like him and they are like that for life.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I guess Dan MacMurray (Dan M) couldn't wait to get back on this forum to harass people and degrade people once again. Dan please keep your ignorance off this board. I thought after the last issue you were gone. And by the way thanks for calling me an AssHat. I'll never forget.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hate to say Dan it but Doug needs all the help he can get right now! ... and whether you know it or not, you and gageebee are certainly not helping him (then again, maybe that is your intention).

"Douchebags" and "asshats"... ? Class act Dan.
    To make your intentions clearer next time, why not just list who (i.e. RCU members) you think are douchbags or asshats... I'd really like to know myself!

Yukon/Mike,
    Here's my recipe for how I eventually got my $ returned...

Note: If you had not filed a paypal dispute in time (30 days?) you are S%$# out of luck with Paypal helping...

1) Send Doug (to all his email addresses) a Paypal request for the total $ you originally sent him, and then send him a daily request/reminder to pay it. I sent it 2-3 times every day!

2) File an official complaint with the Califiornia BBB (I posted a link many posts ago...) Give them all the info you can re: Doug (all his phone #s, all his supposed addresses, etc...) I even sent them a link to this thread on RCuniverse

3) Send Doug emails (again to all his address) every day (2-3) requesting a refund...

4) Leave a phone msg on Doug's answering machine (heck... no one answers) every day as a reminder...

5) Post a msg here in this thread such as "DOUG... PLEASE RETURN MY $$"... like I did...

6) sit back and pray...

P.S. I did eventually get a paypal payment from Doug.... but since he paid my request, it cost me a modest Paypal fee. If he was a stand-up guy, he simply would had gone to the original Paypal payment I made to him (May 09) and returned it... not causing either of us any monetary loss.... So in reality, this botched transaction with Doug cost me $$... just the facts

who says anyone is trying to ''help'' Doug or Lado ?

i am just tired of Douchebags piling on this thread when they shouldn't .. hell it's gotten to the point that one asshat ordered retracts on a Friday afternoon and by Monday morning was here posting that he had been ripped off and that he couldn't get a hold of anyone , blah blah blah ..... it's a lynch mob mentality , and i am sick of it !

enough said

Dan

ORIGINAL: yukonpete

. so far i have yet to see ONE SINGLE example of a person who was unable to get a refund or retracts within one month of posting here .

my 2 cents

Dan
    Well I'm going on 6 weeks with no refund or retracts. And no communication at all from Lado. I've called twice in the last few days and sent about 5 emails! So pull your head out of your *****

sorry your having trouble getting your retracts from Lado .

don't really know why you felt like you had to tell me to pull my head out of my ass though , pretty rude eh ?

but then if i was in freezing , crappy , French infested Canada , waiting for retracts to put on a plane i cant fly till it thaws out in march anyway , i would probably be an insufferable little plick too

regards

Dan

TOMAPOWA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

gageebees,
    Unfortunately you "fail to see " a lot more than you think.....

My point was I would never advertise something for sale (like Doug did with his retracts months ago) if I did not have them ready to ship... can't make it any simpler than that.

ORIGINAL: GaGeeBees

I happen to believe that statements made about a business or product with which someone has had no direct experience are less credible than the OPINIONS expressed by those of us who've at least paid their dues.
    ''Paid their dues'' ???
    Are you really saying that you have to order from someone, get burned & angry... in order to be credible? OMG[&:]
    That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not that hard to understand. I'm sure you've heard the well worn advertising slogan ''Ask the man who owns one.'' It's not an alien concept... unless you live under a rock.

That's like saying that you won't break a leg jumping off your roof.... so to be ''credible'', you jump off only to learn that you broke your leg (or more). Does this really makes sense?.... I didn't think so.

Some things are glaringly obvious.... no need to ''experience'' something when it is really unneccesary.
    There is no arguing with logic like that No need to confuse people with something like FACTS when OPINIONS are so much more fun.

And on top of that, here you are bad-mouthing another Co. (Dick's) when in fact you never ''experienced'' a sale from him..... touche
    I didn't say a single bad thing about Dick's company. I simply said that I personally would not do business with him. You and everyone else are free to make your own choices, same as I.

You know, I own a very small R/C gadget company too... I manufacture my own PCBs, solder every project and test/package/mail every package... all on my own. There are some weeks I have no time to build anything. The way I operate is if you see something ''In-Stock'' on my store.... it is in fact IN-STOCK..... ready to ship. If I don't have a product ready to sell, I do not list it as in-stock on my store.... pretty simple eh?
    Nope, didn't know that. Good for you, but I fail to see how it's germaine to the topic on this thread.
    TOMAPOWA

Doug,

I have 60-2 retracts and they worked great until I had an off runway landing with the gear down because of engine failure. Broke the brass trunion in the left gear. I can fix it if I can just get the part. Customer Service? Parts department? Repairs? Can you send me the part, do I have to send it in for repairs? Can you answer e-mail? The phone? Hello, Hello, is anyone there???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

Well I guess Dan MacMurray (Dan M) couldn't wait to get back on this forum to harass people and degrade people once again. Dan please keep your ignorance off this board. I thought after the last issue you were gone. And by the way thanks for calling me an AssHat. I'll never forget.........

Hey that's right !

you are the Commercial pilot / homeland security wannabee whacko that ordered retracts on a Saturday October 2cd and on October 5th you were here screaming that you had been ripped off and could not get a hold of anyone !!

you crack me up !!!

the forum got together and bought you a Tiara to wear that proclaimed you the new Drama Queen of RCU , remember ?? you still have it don't you ?

you guys watch out for this Nut , he sent me an email saying he was going to have me arrested for making fun of him and then he threatened to kill me , he says he knows where i live ..... no i am not joking .
    crazy eh ?

i think it's these kind of nuts who end up going postal at work , pretty harmless until they realize that everyone but themselves understand what a true douchebag they really are , then , when they finally get it ....BOOM ! ..... they go Nuts with a gun at work or a school campus or whatever .

Takes all kinds i guess ..

anyway EMB145Driver , it's okay , make all the threats you want , I am a big boy and you really don't scare me at all .

take care .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hate to say Dan it but Doug needs all the help he can get right now! ... and whether you know it or not, you and gageebee are certainly not helping him (then again, maybe that is your intention).

''Douchebags'' and ''asshats''... ? Class act Dan.
    To make your intentions clearer next time, why not just list who (i.e. RCU members) you think are douchbags or asshats... I'd really like to know myself!

Tom

your issues were addressed by Lado in somewhat of a timely manner , MONTHS ago ..... yet you continue to bash and flame here like no tomorrow , i don't understand it really .. you made your feelings towards Lado and his business practices well known , your complaints were satisfied , yet you act as if Doug STILL owes you money .. it's getting old !

you seem like a smart enough guy , fairly well read , you write well .... don't you have anything better to do then chime in about your LONG SATISFIED complaint on a damn near daly basis here ?

as far as my making a list of folk's there is no need for me to , it is apparent to me that folk's here know damn well if the shoe fits

regards

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was good to read TOMOPOWA finally received a refund, he is one of the lucky ones here.

In spite of all your barking, posting his experience fortifies the cautions expressed by others about doing business with LADO.

It is still anyone's choice to do business with them. The risk in doing so is the point of this thread.
    Dick Tristao
    ModelGrafix
    Visalia, Ca.
    559 625-3590 Home/Office
    559 280-6559 Cellular

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

It was good to read TOMOPOWA finally received a refund, he is one of the lucky ones here.

In spite of all your barking, posting his experience fortifies the cautions expressed by others about doing business with LADO.

It is still anyone's choice to do business with them. The risk in doing so is the point of this thread.
    Dick

You are a prime example of what is wrong with this entire thread , if it weren't for your non stop screaming "RIPOFF" about a product you HAVE NEVER ORDERED OR OWNED this thread would probably be about 4 PAGES SHORTER !

you spend more time talking about Your business practices with stickers then you do anything else , your a broken record , over and over same drivel page after page after page of it .

I dare you to go back to page one and read the entire thread through and through , by the time you get to page 25 you will pull your own hair out at how mind numbingly boorish and repetitive your posts are .

you and a few others have spent months "chiming in" about a product you have no intention of ever ordering or owning , hell some of you probably DON'T EVEN FLY .

Christ on a Stick man give it a break , Give Lado a chance to get this mess sorted out (or not) and go find something else to rag on for a while .

regards

Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is all really quite sad. Lado-Tech could have pretty well cornered the market on 60 size retracts, provided they had done business in an ethical manner. As I see it, Doug has shot his chances of that happening squarely in the head. Even if he did everything right from here on out, his reputation has been tarnished too badly by his unprofessional business practices.

Like I said, it's just sad. I wanted to buy from this guy, spoke with him on the phone in August, he told me it was just a matter of "a couple weeks" and he would be ready to ship what I wanted. I have called and left messages, sent email, left PMs here for him, no answer, nothing. Not a good way to serve your potential customers...
    AMA #21855
    Gravity always wins...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Alright Ive officially had enough, you posted nothing but lies and now you said I threatened to kill you. You my friend need help. You are the one who pm'd me with harrassments. I never once threatened you with your life. This has gone way Too far. All my activity has been recorded and yours too. This Needs to stop tonight. Rcu please contact me at my listed number. By stating what you said dan, this has been escalated to another level now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well All I can say is this thread is so much better than watching "The Real Housewives of Atlanta"!. What drama! What Acting! Academy Award efforts for sure!

I came to this thread seeking information on Lado Retracts since trying to call and email didn't seem to work. I have my answer about submitting an order or not.

But I'm sticking around for the rest of the show and I'm sure there will be fireworks at the end......please pass the popcorn.

al

Page 32 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast