Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1981

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Hi Magnum RC,any clues as to when the sequencers will be available again?

Cheers,
    Fearless
    Check six.

Protector of the innocent,defender of the downtrodden,champion of the cause,and all round nice fellow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RBean

thedeeman,

I had the same problem with the Lado rotating retracts. The struts would some times rotate on landing. I ground flat spots on the struts and they still turned. I tried to tighten and striped the threads in the trunion. The brass is soft compaired steel. I finally drilled larger hole around on the other side of the trunions using slightly larger set screws. I also drilled out the trunions to use 3/16'' rods to mount robart struts. Then I used JB weld to make sure they wouldn't turn. So far they have been working ok and solved most of my problems. They are mounted on a modified VQ P-40. Since they now come sized for 5mm struts I may order some from magmunrc. Not as good as robo strut ready but I otherwise like them. Now as modifed, strong, dependable and no air to mess with. However, when you add to price of Robart struts $90 to the price of the retracts $230 they begin to get rather pricey at $320.
    Doug always warned about doing this saying it would weaken the gear too much. But you're saying you've done it without issue?

After looking at a pic of my actual units, and a pic of the new design, it appears that it is just drilled out larger thus making a thinner wall where the wire goes in.

It's also strange that the 60-2's were sold as drop-in replacements for the Hangar-9 Corsair. Now the old wire struts that come with the H9 (and H&M Corsair) won't work!

And RBean, did you remove the trunion before you did your mods our did you do them while it was fully assembled?

Thanks!

Chad

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd91065.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	1467013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay75958.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	1467014  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you make electric retracts for giant sized planes like my Easy Tiger P-47?  I had Kraft electric retracts back in the day, they worked just fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Sequencers will come, E-Retract is just trying to catch up to the demand first, but they will come. and to answer vallawyer question, Yes, the prototype is being designed as we speak. They will be known as the RS999 series. You gotta love it.
    Scale Accessories at its Best.
    Electric Retracts
    Eagle Master and DLE Gas Engines
    \"The Airplane Buddy\" Field stands

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: da Rock

''Frog legs''...... what an excellent bit of humor.

Girl frogs of course have the better looking legs.

And I think I will tell my fellow modelers that my new H9 Hellcat has frog legs when they ask about the excellent gear it's got. I'm just finishing up the gear install and she (the Hellcat) will have a chance to try out her new legs within a day or so.

Thanks for keeping such excellent hardware available to our hobby. I hope your business increases such that you will consider marketing larger and smaller versions.

Also, please consider making or modifying the RS-333 retracts to include a model that has 95 degree gear travel. The Spitfire actually needs that extra amount of throw with it's dihedral and outward retracting gear. The Spitfire needs an extra amount of travel, just as the Mustang and P47 need less.
    don't worry i love more the Girl frogs...than the frog leg...

we planning to have those rotating retract in 95/100Β° too

@ Cash: you've good taste...lol

@ TheDeeman: the screws size are in US system i'm not in my office for 4 days , but i think it's 4/40 size.

@ all: we have increase the hole mounting strut of the rotating retract but we've also increase the external diameter and the retainer gear too, but it's true, with an 3,96mm ( 5/32) wire strut the forces was on the wire, now with this increase diameter of wire is the retract that take all the forces during the landing, with the robostrut or spring wire struts i don't think there's any problem with that, cause they're stronger, and now you have spare parts in case of.
    and our spare parts can be mount in old design.

The New RS999 is design finished, we are now factorying them, and they'll be able in the beginning of august in 85 and 90Β° first , after this first shoot, we will go out with an 100Β° and an rotating one too....
    pictures of it on my facebook link.
    regards
    christophe
    General manager of Lado by e-retract
    \"Real planes have real retracts, why shouldn\'\'t yours?\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chalmrast,

I removed the trunions before drilling them out. I used a drill press with adjustable clamp,drill press vice, etc. I drilled them all the way through. Must be very careful and have drilled aligned straight. The brass is soft but when you put the 3/16 steel rod all the way through they are much tougher. Yes they are thin. Thats way I drilled and taped larger set screw holes and why I used JB Weld. Now the trunions and strut studs, I'll call them, come out in a unit. If you have had these things apart you see they are little jewels. At least you don't have to worry about voiding your warranty.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RBean, have you done any reinforcing to the gear area? I had the same plane and on a not so perfect landing the entire gear block completely tore out and split the wing top and bottom all the way to the tip. It wasn't a hard enough landing to result in that type damage normally. After looking at the internal wing design I soon realized that most of the webbing on the spar didnt fit correctly and half didnt even have glue on them. I love the way the plane flies and I did get a replacement wing after I sent photos just haven't got it back together yet.

Shane
    Colorado-rc.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WEll I guess this forum is now dead and burried. No replys since May. NO BACK ORDERS BEING HONORED BY DOUG SO NOW AS FAR AS HE IS CONCERNED WE WHO HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR RETRACTS HAVE BEEN CONED, AND IGNORED AND RIPPED OFF BY DOUG. ANYONE WHO IS AMONG US WHO IS A LAWER SHOULD FILE A LAW SUIT FOR ALL OF US IN THIS . I CAN take the loss of $100.00 but I think he should spend some jail time for his actions. He shouldnt be allowed to get off scott free. I think PayPal, the AMA and every Model Business and Organization should take action on anybusiness that does this kind of stuff. I trusted Doug, had compassion for him and his illness and gave him every opportunity to make good, but after the past six months I have no feeling for him at all and hope he gets whats coming to him for cheateing d and conning all of us. This is my last msg on this forum. Hope DOUG reads this and he never gets another nights sleep or peace of mind.
    MikeV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RBean

Chalmrast,

I removed the trunions before drilling them out. I used a drill press with adjustable clamp,drill press vice, etc. I drilled them all the way through. Must be very careful and have drilled aligned straight. The brass is soft but when you put the 3/16 steel rod all the way through they are much tougher. Yes they are thin. Thats way I drilled and taped larger set screw holes and why I used JB Weld. Now the trunions and strut studs, I'll call them, come out in a unit. If you have had these things apart you see they are little jewels. At least you don't have to worry about voiding your warranty.
    I do have a drill press with a vise but the thing that worries me about JB welding the 3/16 wire into the trunion is what happens if I have an "incident" (ie, hard landing) and bend the wire? I guess it would have to be a pretty bad incident to bend 3/16 wire....

I'm going to try the 5/32 wire one more time but this time I'll have the 3/16 copper tube JB welded to the inside of the Robart strut. I will then drill out the set screw hole on the strut so the set screw goes through the copper and makes contact with the wire itself. The problem I had before was that the JB Weld didn't hold the copper tube to the steel wire so the wire just rotated freely inside the tube. The set screws did nothing (on the struts) because there were only making contact with the copper, not the steel wire....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mikev

WEll I guess this forum is now dead and burried. No replys since May. NO BACK ORDERS BEING HONORED BY DOUG SO NOW AS FAR AS HE IS CONCERNED WE WHO HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR RETRACTS HAVE BEEN CONED, AND IGNORED AND RIPPED OFF BY DOUG.
    MikeV
    Mike, did you read that?

ORIGINAL: christophe31
    We have never cut the communication ( by this thread or by mail) like Doug does many and many times, i'm very concerned by all my customer : present, future and past ( even if they didn't have bought any product by me).If we didn't do anything yet for the old customer it's because in the initial deal, it was Doug responsability( maybe it was an error we should have thinking to do it ourselve in the deal), but obviously i don't see how he can do that now.
    ( did someone go to see him in live ?)
    so, after this , we should find a solution about this and we thinking about that now.

About that, can you all send me an email at: info@e-retract.com with title Doug Filled order with the details order by this way we can count how many they are.
    G-Pete
    Owner of WERK77 and Fritzdezings

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G-Pete. I have sent E Mails to Chris and just sent another one about my order 1154 Sep 2009 for a 60-7 Electric Retract Nose Retract Belly Mount. Its not his responsibility to fill the back orders DOUG ripped us off and not delivered. My account on the LADO site still says shipped which it never was and my account is still on that site saying shipped. The site is now Christophers but not his responsibility to honor DOUGS commitments and backorders. Has everyone checked for their accounts on the new LADO web site and found the same thing??????? says shipped but never shipped or received???????????????????????????
    MikeV (Punkey)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pit Viper 1,

I ordered these retracts for a different plane, so they were the Hanger 9 type, flange on top of retracts, right side up. It took so long to get the retracts that I used Century Jet retracts on the original project. I decided to use the lados on the VQ P-40, but it was set up for what I'll call Top Flight retract, Flange on bottom of rear, right side up. Since it was going to take major modifications to install these retracts, I decided to move the gear inward to a more scale location. While doing this I re-inforced the wing gear mounting areas. Worked out well. It is a good flying plane.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chalmrast,

Yes, that is a problem if you bend the 3/16 wire. So I tempered it before I installed. Heated up as much as I could with a propane torch and the dunked in water. Not sure how much good it did, but I've had no problems.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi MikeV,
    you're right it's not my responsabilities, but i looking for an solution for all customer ripped by Doug( i'm in that case : Doug must provide me many thousands $ of retracts)

all here have give him a chance to proof his serious an honorability, but obviously he doesn't have this.
    i don't know how he can shave him all morning...

for us, our customers are more important than anythings, and i wanted to provide you the most high service that i can( the french touch..!!! lol)
    i can understand the feeling of MikeV,it's for that i'll try to found somethings that can be please to all.

General manager of Lado by e-retract
    \"Real planes have real retracts, why shouldn\'\'t yours?\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys,

Look what the postman brought by today !!!

I ordered these LATE Friday evening from MagnumRC and they were shipped Priority Mail. Arrived today.

My VQ Yak-1 is going to be very happy

Joe

Name:	hf97558.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	1467771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ez81650.jpg 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	1467772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kp33143.jpg 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	1467773  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pardon me Christophe. But what size are the set screws in the rotating retracts. I need to find extras but nothing fits. Also, the actual screws are pretty weak. The hex wrench always strips out the inner area.

Thanks alot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmm.... I don't like the anodized case. I think it makes them look like plastic. Seems like an added expense & step in manufacturing. Can someone explain the benefits?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the gear have been anodized for as long as LADO-Doug/e-retract-Chris, have been making them the old lados were blue anodized color, you could always scuff them and paint them whatever color you wanted

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chalmrast

hmm.... I don't like the anodized case. I think it makes them look like plastic. Seems like an added expense & step in manufacturing. Can someone explain the benefits?
    It is added expense/step unless they got a competitive CNC price that includes it. Makes them 'purdy' even though they are hidden in the wing.

Glad to see they are working on something to assist the guys Doug screwed. Shows they care more than the posters who inferred they were whiners.
    Dick Tristao
    ModelGrafix
    Visalia, Ca.
    559 625-3590 Home/Office
    559 280-6559 Cellular

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigtim

the gear have been anodized for as long as LADO-Doug/e-retract-Chris, have been making them the old lados were blue anodized color, you could always scuff them and paint them whatever color you wanted
    These are anodized blue??? Looks like raw CNC'd aluminum to me.....

(my actual set from Doug)

Name:	Qo41056.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	1468479  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigtim

These are anodized blue??? Looks like raw CNC'd aluminum to me.....

(my actual set from Doug)
    Maybe the new manufacturers wanted to distinguish them from Doug's for warranty purposes.
    Check six.

Protector of the innocent,defender of the downtrodden,champion of the cause,and all round nice fellow.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yo Bros. Those from FRANCE also have two set screws to hold the wire gear in place becides being black or whatever. So DOUGS have one set screw on each side and the new ones have two set screws on the same side. OBSERVE Pic closely.
    MikeV

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know how old or new your gear is, but the 3 sets I have are definitely blued there is a blue hue to the alum that resembles anodized coating not fresh machined aluminum metal, I do know the difference.

the few sets I have seen other than mine were blue as well so I can't speak to why yours are bare metal,did you get a set at the end of Doug's run

Name:	Bz77406.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	1468542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39744.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	1468543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo38889.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1468544  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't like the anodized case. ~ Seems like an added expense & step in manufacturing. Can someone explain the benefits?
    Anodizing helps prevent corrosion
    Mike B. AMA# 42400 www.gettingairborne.com
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #2 - Waco Brother #188 - Cub Brother #2

\"Those are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.\" - Groucho Marx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

I don't like the anodized case. ~ Seems like an added expense & step in manufacturing. Can someone explain the benefits?
    Anodizing helps prevent corrosion
    Not on Aluminum. It can last for YEARS before a tarnish apears. Take a look at wheels, just nicly polished aluminum

Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast